Eliason update

Lincoln gopher

Reaction score
His Chadron team won both games they played this weekend. They had a big win last night as #1 C-1 Chadron Eagles moved up a class to beat Class B #1 Ralston 60-43. Double E had 18 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assits and 2 blocks last night.

Thanks for the update, Lincoln. Go EE and Go Gophers!!

His Chadron team won both games they played this weekend. They had a big win last night as #1 C-1 Chadron Eagles moved up a class to beat Class B #1 Ralston 60-43. Double E had 18 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assits and 2 blocks last night.

Thanks for the post.. a few related thoughts and comments...

I think EE's Chadron's team = Cardinals.. the Chadron Eagles would be the local college... I believe the Cardinals lost in the state finals last year... hopefully the young man brings home a title this year.

The night before, Chadron beat Sidney 51-45... EE with.. 17? He went 5/5 late in the game from the line... they had beaten Sidney 49-42 a couple of weeks ago.. but were disappointed with Friday's performance.

Saturday against Ralston they jumped out early, couldn't miss, and absolutely demolished them. Ralston is in Class B, but they are definitely not ranked #1 in Class B. Not a bad team, but they are around 14-7 for the year....

Count Bass D told me in 1994 that, "the world is not small - it's tiny", but it is sometimes fun to see just how small of a world it seems sometimes... Ralston won their first class B state championship last year in over 4 decades... led by Greg Smith, NE's Mr. Basketball.. he went on to Colorado State. Last night, Chadron went up against current Ralston Stud Dwight Smith [scored 10 points, had some foul trouble], Greg's little brother. He is also going to Colorado State... in his class at CSU will be Chad Calcaterra from Cloquet HS in Minnesota.. a 6'10" guy that got a number of mid-major looks... Greg Smith is averaging about 17 minutes off the bench and 7.5+ ppg - looking like a nice player as a freshman for CSU. He is playing alongside a guy some of us may know - Travis Busch... also getting around 17 mins.. 5 pts, 2 boards... and starting some games.

Hey Cory --- Greg Smith, then Dwight Smith... it makes sense for them. You should try it out!

But, more important than anything - EE is sporting the ill beard. Looks a bit like "Jesus", although the 'grip' on the ball in the picture looks more like Colton...

EE1.jpg

A few more thoughts - Warrior

Thanks for the post.. a few related thoughts and comments...

I think EE's Chadron's team = Cardinals.. the Chadron Eagles would be the local college... I believe the Cardinals lost in the state finals last year... hopefully the young man brings home a title this year.

The night before, Chadron beat Sidney 51-45... EE with.. 17? He went 5/5 late in the game from the line... they had beaten Sidney 49-42 a couple of weeks ago.. but were disappointed with Friday's performance.

Saturday against Ralston they jumped out early, couldn't miss, and absolutely demolished them. Ralston is in Class B, but they are definitely not ranked #1 in Class B. Not a bad team, but they are around 14-7 for the year....

Count Bass D told me in 1994 that, "the world is not small - it's tiny", but it is sometimes fun to see just how small of a world it seems sometimes... Ralston won their first class B state championship last year in over 4 decades... led by Greg Smith, NE's Mr. Basketball.. he went on to Colorado State. Last night, Chadron went up against current Ralston Stud Dwight Smith [scored 10 points, had some foul trouble], Greg's little brother. He is also going to Colorado State... in his class at CSU will be Chad Calcaterra from Cloquet HS in Minnesota.. a 6'10" guy that got a number of mid-major looks... Greg Smith is averaging about 17 minutes off the bench and 7.5+ ppg - looking like a nice player as a freshman for CSU. He is playing alongside a guy some of us may know - Travis Busch... also getting around 17 mins.. 5 pts, 2 boards... and starting some games.

Hey Cory --- Greg Smith, then Dwight Smith... it makes sense for them. You should try it out!

But, more important than anything - EE is sporting the ill beard. Looks a bit like "Jesus", although the 'grip' on the ball in the picture looks more like Colton...

EE1.jpg

You are correct, Chadron is the Cardinals, the Eagles are the local college. My bad.

You are incorrect about the point concerning Ralston being ranked #1 in Class B. They were 14-5 heading into this week and ranked #1 in the Lincoln paper were I got the information. The Omaha paper had them at #5. 4 of their losses came to Class A teams. Ralston is a suburb of Omaha, so they play several Class A teams form Omaha.

You are correct, Chadron is the Cardinals, the Eagles are the local college. My bad.

You are incorrect about the point concerning Ralston being ranked #1 in Class B. They were 14-5 heading into this week and ranked #1 in the Lincoln paper were I got the information. The Omaha paper had them at #5. 4 of their losses came to Class A teams. Ralston is a suburb of Omaha, so they play several Class A teams form Omaha.

Not a big deal either way, but I'm not sure that anything I said was incorrect... what is your 'Lincoln paper ranking' based on? Just a story a lady named Ryly wrote? At any rate, I think to date Ralston has actually lost to at least three Class B teams (Pius X, Gross Catholic and now South Sioux City). Your "4 losses to Class A teams" doesn't sound quite right... regardless, a good game for EE and Big Zac.

I hope Eliason turns out to be a great player of course, but a quick look at other centers signed by schools in the Big Ten shows at least four rated above him. OSU, MSU, Ill. and Wisc. all look like they have higher rated kids coming in at the center spot. Maybe ratings aren't all that big of a deal. I'm certainly no wiz on recruits. On a lighter note, you kind of let me down Gopher Warrior. You let Lincoln gopher get away with "assits". Just messing with you GW. I give you credit, you certainly are on top of recruiting.

I hope Eliason turns out to be a great player of course, but a quick look at other centers signed by schools in the Big Ten shows at least four rated above him. OSU, MSU, Ill. and Wisc. all look like they have higher rated kids coming in at the center spot. Maybe ratings aren't all that big of a deal. I'm certainly no wiz on recruits. On a lighter note, you kind of let me down Gopher Warrior. You let Lincoln gopher get away with "assits". Just messing with you GW. I give you credit, you certainly are on top of recruiting.

Hah! I occasionally point out poor grammar and spelling.. but, not typos. I type fast - should have been a secretary - and sometimes make typos... I am OK with some typos on a message board... (although I'd like to see prison time for some of the grammar on here!)

As far as your comment on Eliason, you're right - he's "out of his league" in our league in terms of top big man recruits. But, he does have size, which cannot be taught. On a team of 13 scholarship players, I'll never have a problem with having a couple of seven footers. His timing is great relative to the Gophers program.. but, yeah, there are some flat out great big men coming into the Big Ten. (and they will not be busts like that bum Brian Butch)

The plus side? ... umm, the most talented big men generally don't stay in college long.. EE will help the Gophers more on the floor in 2013-14 than Sullinger will for tOSU.

Evan Anderson Eau Claire North

I have seen this kid play live 4 times in his career and he is not going to be anything better than a Steimsa type for Wisconsin, which is a player every team needs, but I hope EEs upside is higher than that. Anderson was a kid that was rated in the Top 10 as a sophomore, Top 50 as a Junior and now outside the top 100 according to some scout services. Rankings don't mean everything but he was near 7'0 as a sophomore and has not gotten any better. In the league he is in, he routinely plays against guys that are a half a foot shorter than him and he barely averages 15 points. Part of that is that EC North plays really really slow basketball. If you remember the term Bennett Ball, they play a slightly more entertaining brand than that.

Top Bottom