Eliason has 32 points, including 8 for 8 from FT line

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In the boys game, the Cardinals jumped out to 22-6 lead at the end of the first quarter, paced by 12 points from Senior Center Elliot Eliason. Chadron continued to feed Elliason the ball throughout the first half, as Elliot went into the locker room at the break with 26 points. 10 different Cardinals got on the scoreboard, and it was truly a great team effort, but it was Elliason doing just about everything he could on both sides of the ball, finishing with 32 points...24 from the field, and 8 of 8 from the free-throw line on offense, not to mention the blocked shots, rebounds, and assists he had. His presence in this game was felt more tonight than any other game of the season so far. He was awarded with the Taco Johns Player-Of-The-Game honor.

http://www.chadrad.com/sportsstory.cfm?story=13645

Go Gophers!!

8 for 8 from the line is encouraging. Big guys who can't shoot free throws are my pet peeve.

Nice to hear we have a big man who shoots FTs well. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves ahead of Iverson on the depth chart by the end of his freshman year.

Nice to hear we have a big man who shoots FTs well. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves ahead of Iverson on the depth chart by the end of his freshman year.

I am still hoping he redshirts, seems like he could add just a little weight (like 40 pounds!!).

Taco Johns POG, did they give him a coupon for a free six pack and a pound?

Probably won't happen.

It has been mentioned several times in previous threads that Tubby and Elliott both said on signing day, the plans are to red shirt.

Some people just can't put on weight. One of my friends was 6'8", 180 lbs in high school. He ate more than anyone I've ever known and spent a ton of time in the weight room trying to bulk up.

To this day he's still a stick and it frustrates the heck out of him.

Point being that putting on weight isn't easy for everyone.

Some people just can't put on weight. One of my friends was 6'8", 180 lbs in high school. He ate more than anyone I've ever known and spent a ton of time in the weight room trying to bulk up.

To this day he's still a stick and it frustrates the heck out of him.

Point being that putting on weight isn't easy for everyone.

IF that's still the case 20 years from now he'll be grateful as all getout. :cry:

IF that's still the case 20 years from now he'll be grateful as all getout. :cry:

Kentucky had a player in early 1990's named Aminu Timberlake (from Chicago). He's the one Laettner stomped on in the March 1992 NCAA game. He was 6-9 and 190 at UK. Couldn't gain weight.

He now works in downtown Chicago for Career Builder. He figured out how to gain weight.

He's still 6-9 but at least 250 pounds.

I am still hoping he redshirts, seems like he could add just a little weight (like 40 pounds!!).

I would not argue against a freshman center red-shirting, but it's not like he is freakishly skinny. If he weigh's 235 now and working on putting on weight he should be over 240 by next season. Freshman seasons; Ralph was 220-225, Colton around 235-40.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1077 - by Nadine Babu Sept. 24th 2009.

GH: What are you going to be working on the most this next year?

EE: I’m going to try to improve on offense, I want to get a little stronger, I’m only about 235, so I can put some strength on.

GH: What did Coach Smith tell you about redshirting?

EE: He said it’s a big possibility. You never know what’s going to happen, but it’s probably going to. I’ll have an extra year to get the strength I’ll need. It’s probably the best thing I can do, and be able to play with Ralph and Colton for a year. This will give me an extra year to play, and more playing time in the long run, and more time to learn with Coach Smith for an extra year. I’m really excited about it, I can’t even tell you how excited I am.

http://fromthebarn.org/wp-content/uploads/doc49bc9101f160e046561341.jpg - Photo from March 5th 2009, JAMES R. BURNETT/THE WORLD-HERALD

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2009/12/24/sports/doc4b31a6f794854693681955.txt - More recent pic.

At 235lbs a full year before his freshman season and working on getting stronger, seems right on track red shirt or not.

If anything he looks to have toned up a bit since last March. From the previous threads I though he was going to be a toothpick.

Top Bottom