Eleven Warriors Site

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
I was just cruising the free portion of Ohio State’s “Eleven Warriors” free site. Not a single thread among the first page threads containing the word “Minnesota” in the title. A couple with “Oregon.” One with “Purdue.” There was a thread complaining that Ohio State was currently being underrated(!). It’s as if this Thursday’s game doesn’t even exist. I’m sure Ryan Day isn’t looking past the Gophers, but, boy, the OSU fan base has less fear of the Gophers than Nebraska fans have of their next opponent, FCS division Fordham.

OSU fans know as much about the Gophers as the national media. The media seem to think we're a 4th-6th place team in the West. If I saw those projections as an OSU fan, I wouldn't be worried about it either. What they may not know is that a) we have the best RB in the B1G, b) we arguably have the best QB the program has ever had, c) our OL is excellent and experienced, and d) our D ended 2020 strong and should be much improved this year. Given our roster and returning production, if our name were "Nebraska" or "Michigan", we'd easily be a preseason top-25 team.

Honestly, if you were an OSU fan, would you really be concerned about this game? They exist in a whole different world of CFB than we do. All we can do is hope that our team gives them a shock Thursday night.
Nope, but I would still be talking about.

Check out all of our threads when we have a cupcake.

I googled 11 warriors Minnesota and immediately got an article about the 5 things the bucks were concerned about with Minnesota. They are very aware of what the Gophers bring to the game

I googled 11 warriors Minnesota and immediately got an article about the 5 things the bucks were concerned about with Minnesota. They are very aware of what the Gophers bring to the game
I don't think OP was talking about whether there are articles on the site -- merely whether there are threads on the first page of their forum

I think I read an OSU fan somewhere say something like

"We are concerned about Minnesota".

So evidently they are concerned about Minnesota.

I don't think OP was talking about whether there are articles on the site -- merely whether there are threads on the first page of their forum
Ok, most of the people on 11 warriors weren’t born the last time the Gophers beat OSU. They are either class or still sleeping off the weekend. Expect things to heat up later when they wake up.

The two articles are new today, and aren’t fan originated posts. Interesting to see what fan comments are to the two articles.

Ok, most of the people on 11 warriors weren’t born the last time the Gophers beat OSU. They are either class or still sleeping off the weekend. Expect things to heat up later when they wake up.
?

I dropped by and checked out their forum and some fan posts. Some posters are over-the-top arrogant while many are pretty confident...which is to be expected, I guess. A few are calling "trap game", and several keep bringing up Akron. Not sure what that's all about...maybe its like our heating coils schtick....There are also a sprinkling of memes and .gifs, but not as eloquent and well-timed as ours. I think we rank pretty high in the fan-forum memes/gifs category.

I checked out the board a few weeks back and there was some Gopher activity then, but most of it centered around counting 4 and 5 stars relative to the Gophers and using that as basis to guarantee a win. A few contrarians pointed out the 2020 Gopher season should not be viewed as a good gauge of what to expect.

I went back each of the last few days and was surprised by the lack of Gopher related posts, not even much regarding bars, pre-game plans and restaurant options.

Not surprised we aren't drawing a ton of comments from their fans....when your team has lost a grand total of 4 conference games since 2012 you probably don't sweat many non-conf games. Hopefully they will be talking about us a lot on Friday because that will probably mean something special happened on Thursday night for the good guys.

I found it interesting that if anyone actually did express concern for the game, or list qualities of the Gopher team - others would generally gang up on them, call them names, question their manhood, etc.

I found it interesting that if anyone actually did express concern for the game, or list qualities of the Gopher team - others would generally gang up on them, call them names, question their manhood, etc.

I was browsing some other OSU board and there seemed to be a lot of this.
Rather than actual conversation about players, stats, facts, they just rely on being boisterous and arrogant.

OSU usually handles whoever they play so the posters who are arrogant always have that to fall back on. I don't think it makes them a great fan. OSU probably has a lot more of the non-knowledgeable "fair weather" fans who just scream loud and talk big because the team has been so good, you don't need to really analyze what's good or bad about the team.

Everything is good and they usually win easily.

Top Bottom