Educated guesses on starting time for Minnesota-Wisconsin game?

TAW

Reaction score
A local charity I am involved in has an annual Tailgate fundraiser for one of UW's away games. The Minnesota game looks like it will work out the best, assuming it is not at night (11a or 2:30 work well). Is there a chance this game would be at night or do you think we are safe with a day game?

It is hard to plan these things when you don't know the starting time until a few days beforehand.

Thanks for your help.

11PM that night....and tailgate lots don't open up until 9:30PM. Make sure you tell all your Badger friends too!

In all seriousness, Big Ten games that week:
-Michigan @ Illinois
-Michigan State @ Iowa
-Nebraska @ Penn State
-Ohio State @ Purdue

Non-Conference
-Rice @ Northwestern

Big National Games (not that many that week)
-Miami @ Florida State
-Oregon @ Stanford
-Texas @ Missouri

Nebraska at Penn State has "ABC" written all over it. Michigan State @ Iowa could potentially have "Big Ten West" implications because, according to 98.9% of Iowa fans, they're looking at 1, perhaps 2 losses if they don't get any breaks. I don't know if the "no November night games in the Big Ten" is a rumor or not. If it is just a rumor, I think it would be a great time to break out a cold weather night game. But I'd put my odds at 11 on ESPN2 or 2:30 on the BTN.

I would put my odds at 2:30 too, depends on the team's records at that point though, things could change. as much as I would love a night game, Miami-Free shoes U and Oregon-Stanford are too big to pass up on for Gameday.

I don't know if the "no November night games in the Big Ten" is a rumor or not. If it is just a rumor, I think it would be a great time to break out a cold weather night game. But I'd put my odds at 11 on ESPN2 or 2:30 on the BTN.

Not a rumor. It's been a long standing B1G policy. The only exceptions that have been made were for indoor games (like the 2008 Iowa game that I barely remember for some reason).

My gut says 2:30 BTN because of the rivalry.

A Badgers fan assuming that U grads are educated, even if it is only in our guesses? Huzzah!

Top Bottom