Educate me .. ESPN3

freshtrout

Reaction score
Tomorrow nights game is 'on' ESPN3. If I recall, you have to have a TV or Internet provider that has the agreement with ESPN to get this, right? I believe w/o the service provider, if you pay a $36 (annual) fee you're in business. Are there any other likely options to view the game? Just 1stRowSports etc?

There's "WatchESPN" and there's ESPN3, I do believe they are two different things.. I think ESPN3 is related to your ISP and whether it is available for it, and WatchESPN is available for select cable providers. I may have that all mixed up though. I just know I can't get either at my house cause I have Directv and Qwest DSL internet, neither of which has ESPN3/Watch ESPN.

Just working off memory here. Some GHer provided this a year or two ago.

Set up an AT&T email account. Then go to espn3 and sign-in with your AT&T account and password. Worked for me back then. Give it a try. Takes a little time so do it well in advance.

I get the best free stream I can with http://www.thefirstrow.eu/ and if that isn't worth a crappola, I listen to the game on http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/minnesota.portal# while bull$*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ting in the GopherHole chatroom.

We had a great time during the Toledo game talking about station19, drinking Gin and Tonics, and oh, some of our chatroom members were studying~~~~ya right.

Just make sure that if ya come to the GH chatroom, we do not allow personal insults to our Gophers!!! The Mods will be watching. :)

Monty - I'm with Directv as well. Hey 19 I do remember doing that AT&T deal...I do have Verizon broadband for my phone (Droid) they are a listed carrier .. Anyone know how to set that up?

If you have Time Warner Cable you have access to ESPN 3 free. You just need to log on with your registration and password and it will be streamed. I'm hoping I can get it to work on my internet TV. For whatever reason I can't get Gopher Access to work as it times me out-

Google ESPN3. Go to channel finder link. Enter zip code. Choose provider
and then submit. It's great! Watched two games last night. Go Gophers!

So you're saying that with Verizon (provider for my phone) I'll get it? My TV provider is DirecTV and my home internet provider is Century Link - neither are on the ESPN3 list .... I'll give it a shot - thanks.

I am under the impression "Watch ESPN" and "ESPN3 to be the same thing. If I am wrong could somebody please send me the to different links? Thanks

Found it on my comcast, but not subscribed to it. Nor will I to watch one non conf game. May check out a bar if I get a chance.

I am under the impression "Watch ESPN" and "ESPN3 to be the same thing. If I am wrong could somebody please send me the to different links? Thanks

Okay, I just went to ESPN3.com and it redirects to the Watch ESPN thing. It looks like how they set it up is that ESPN3 is a channel available thru Watch ESPN, which is available to anyone who's internet provider provides them with ESPN3 access. But then within Watch ESPN, you can also watch the "regular" ESPN channels, but only those who's cable provider grants them access can view those stations.

So it looks like, if you have Watch ESPN, you have ESPN3 as well. But having ESPN3 does not mean you have full Watch ESPN access to all the channels.

I also found this on Wikipedia: "Beginning in August 2012, ESPN began adding further restrictions to the ESPN3 service; programming that airs live on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU in evenings, or from noon local time onward on weekends, can no longer be seen live on ESPN3 without the expanded service from a WatchESPN affiliate."

I can watch drunk middle aged "housewives" nearly 24 hours a day, but have to jump through fvcking hoops to see a division 1 basketball game. Our television system needs to be overhauled.

Top Bottom