Edited- UW staff member reportedly groped male subordinate

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Really thought they would keep this quiet until after signing day:

MADISON (WKOW) -- A source who's been briefed on an independent panel's review of alleged misconduct by former UW Athletics administrator John Chadima told 27 News Chadima indecently touched a male subordinate at a Rose Bowl-week party in southern California.

The source spoke on the condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to release information.

27 News previously reported Chadima was intoxicated at the party. The source told 27 News others at the event had also been drinking, including the victim of Chadima's actions.

The whole scenario largely depends on whether ESPN catches wind or not, and how far they take it.

Where there is smoke, there's not always fire I guess

Oooooooh, This is getting good. I hope ESPN will get "On wisconsin," as bulemia would say.

Where there is smoke, there's not always fire I guess

Yeah, who knows. I'm kind of getting a vibe from some 'Holers that they're hoping this explodes into some massive sexual scandal that tears apart the Becky football program. Kinda weak.

Still, another brick removed from a shaky foundation.

As far as foundations go, it's tough build one stronger than what they've got in Madison. Wildly successful coach stays for 15 years, then moves up to AD and promotes an internal candidate to HC, a position he has been in going on seven seasons, continuing the success of his predecessor? I'd take that shaky foundation any day.

Hell, this is normal for Sconnyites...they even screw dead deer.

"It's no big deal!" (Bill Murray in Caddyshack.)

Yeah, who knows. I'm kind of getting a vibe from some 'Holers that they're hoping this explodes into some massive sexual scandal that tears apart the Becky football program. Kinda weak.

...and pretty unlikely, from what it seems from the story (fairly isolated incident by a relatively unknown entity within the athletic department who subsequently resigned, etc). If true, it's newsworthy, but doesn't seem like anything remotely program-shattering.

"Guess it's a good time to be a Badger fan." Not.

"Guess it's a good time to be a Badger fan." Not.

I love your avatar, but come on. This is a non-story. Some random guy in the Atheletic Department probably got drunk and grabbed a guy. Chadima is probably an unsavory character. He was immediately forced to resign his position.

Seems like UW did everything right. The only way this becomes any sort of news story or issue is if:

A) The subordinate was under the age of 18, which he clearly isn't otherwise he couldn't work for UW Athletics

or

B) Something else is going on. No evidence or talk of any such activity.

Either way, Barry Alvarez acted appropriately and swiftly. It's an none issue.

I love your avatar, but come on. This is a non-story. Some random guy in the Atheletic Department probably got drunk and grabbed a guy. Chadima is probably an unsavory character. He was immediately forced to resign his position.

Seems like UW did everything right. The only way this becomes any sort of news story or issue is if:

A) The subordinate was under the age of 18, which he clearly isn't otherwise he couldn't work for UW Athletics

or

B) Something else is going on. No evidence or talk of any such activity.

Either way, Barry Alvarez acted appropriately and swiftly. It's an none issue.

I was referring to the broader picture of Wisconsin's football program in that they have lost 6 coaches and now had their associate (or assistant?) AD removed from his job. That and the fact that Bulimia's a dick.

Well . . .

This whole "going for two" thing with the Becky Badger football program appears to be dogma.

Wonder if Chadima consulted "the card"?

I always thought that "going for two" was a football term used after a touchdown.

Here's the University's report courtesy of Buckyville; scroll to the bottom of page 2:

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/49964/Chadima-Report?page=2

The setting itself is probably not unheard-of across the CFB world, but certainly the individual conduct of a Coach/Supervisor warranted serious action.

Parties for the Bowl Game's "B-Team" support staff are probably a thing of the past...

Bucky has to learn moldy cheese and beer don't mix.

I'll say it: No way this is the first time this guy had tried this.
He's been in Madison as Alvarez's right hand man for 20 years, he'd had these parties before, likely others in other circumstances.
If nothing comes out besides this incident I'd be shocked, then again the wagons have likely been circled and the hush has been put out on anyone who may know. Sconnies are just slimey enough to pull it off, hopefully the student worker sues the athletic department for sexual harassment, that would at least not bury the issue like Alvarez seems to be doing.

As far as foundations go, it's tough build one stronger than what they've got in Madison. Wildly successful coach stays for 15 years, then moves up to AD and promotes an internal candidate to HC, a position he has been in going on seven seasons, continuing the success of his predecessor? I'd take that shaky foundation any day.

Hmm...6 coaches gone and this,plus recruits bailing? Right, everything status quo.

I think it's weak to not hope for a scandal that tears apart the Wisconsin football program.

I think it's weak to not hope for a scandal that tears apart the Wisconsin football program.

To each his own, I guess. Don't get me wrong, watching the Badgers lose a la hail marys and other heartbreaking ways is very satisfying to me. A recruiting scandal or some other form of cheating scandal would make me laugh pretty hard as well. But when it seems like people are hoping and praying for Penn State v.2, count me out. That's not something I'm going to root for.

I'd get much more satisfaction out of beating the Badgers on the field when they're at the height of their program.

But when it seems like people are hoping and praying for Penn State v.2, count me out. That's not something I'm going to root for.

I'd get much more satisfaction out of beating the Badgers on the field when they're at the height of their program.
Yup.

At least the Gopher Groper was just some dude on a bike...

Top Bottom