Eden Prairie Coach

I wonder if those some parents would have an issue with Trevor Mbakwe.

Let me guess, it's worse for a white coach to quote someone else saying the N word than it is for a black coach to assault a woman during a sexual assault and it's just the way it is. Enough said. If you disagree, you must be DESPERATE to say the n-word.
Who knows the truth in the Mbwake thing but it's a misdemeanor to lie to police, get to court and continue the lie it's a felony. I'm just suspicious when an accusation is made but won't press charges when push comes to shove.

If he wanted to be the head coach, then Flom wouldn't be back. I don't think this is a one-time, as others think. All the black players quit since he was reinstated. I can't be the only one who thinks there is more to it.
I see your point and it is an agreeable point. But I think it could just as easily be exactly from this one incident.

What evidence do they have of any other incidents? Guessing a bunch of hearsay.

Would also think, obviously, EP district would listen to them and evaluate whatever evidence they had as part of the investigation which led to his reinstatement.

Anyone think it's an awful and disgusting precedent to allow it to be that if you don't like your son's coach, then just threaten to file some BS lawsuit against the district/organization in the hopes that they'll roll over and fire the coach?

Hope EP district tells them to go eat S___.

And other than the KSU football guy ... were any of the other 4 (or 5? can't tell by the wording of your post) starters or significant contributors on the team?

If not ...... dare we say "ulterior motive"??
All were part of the rotation. Jamelle Taylor is one who didn't play this year but decided to come out after Flom was suspended. He was a starter all of last year so it is weird in itself that he wasn't on the team to start the year.

Fair enough, thanks for answering the question. That shoots that idea down, then.

Why is this on the Gopher Basketball Board? Isn’t there an off topic board? Please admins, give this a think.

Anyone think it's an awful and disgusting precedent to allow it to be that if you don't like your son's coach, then just threaten to file some BS lawsuit against the district/organization in the hopes that they'll roll over and fire the coach?

Hope EP district tells them to go eat S___.
Up high! Down hard!

STrib did a half-assed blurb today. Included quotes from two of the players who paraphrasing said “people don’t know how bad it really was” and one parent who claims the district did not talk to her son as part of the investigation.

No details of anything given.

This thread is embarrassing. My head hurts.

From If I can't use it, then they shouldn't either to My part black wife gives me clout in this conversation, it's just white people complaining about a situation they (we) spent centuries creating.

Deflecting attention from this to Trev? Second grade level tactic worthy of a politician... "I know they did apples, but look at these oranges that I only bring up because of race!" GTFOH

I'm just waiting for a "I'm not racist, my best friend is black and I say the N word to him all the time..."

Just.... stop trying to justify why this word seems so appealing to use. It's not an inconvenience to avoid.

This thread is embarrassing. My head hurts.

From If I can't use it, then they shouldn't either to My part black wife gives me clout in this conversation, it's just white people complaining about a situation they (we) spent centuries creating.

Deflecting attention from this to Trev? Second grade level tactic worthy of a politician... "I know they did apples, but look at these oranges that I only bring up because of race!" GTFOH

I'm just waiting for a "I'm not racist, my best friend is black and I say the N word to him all the time..."

Just.... stop trying to justify why this word seems so appealing to use. It's not an inconvenience to avoid.
I think pretty simple things make your head hurt.

(1) I only bring up my "part black wife" and "part black kids" because tons of people on this board have made comments like it's clear that I do not like black people. My family does not give me any additional clout. It's just like being black wouldn't give you any additional clout in the conversation. B it should put to rest the idea that I dislike black people. I'm sorry that fairly simple concept was lost on you.

(2) Trevor Mbakwe isn't a deflection. Again, this is really simple. The "apple" is the Eden Prairie Coaching Job. The fired one coach (apple) because of things that occurred of court and they replaced him with another coach (apple #2) who is a convicted of beating a woman while sexually assaulting her. These aren't even different types of apples. These are apples from the same tree, picked at the same time, that are probably on the same branch. Quit playing dumb. If you are this dumb, stay off the internet.

(3) I never use the N word and I've said numerous times that I don't care if African Americans say the N word.

Just. . . stop trying to tell people what to do especially when this conversation is WAY over your head. I've never argued for someone to use the word but I'm not going to pretend like applying context is impossible. We apply context in every other scenario. Specifically, I applied context to my reply.

You're not capable of real conversation because you're either mentally impaired or so pumped full of whatever agenda you worship that you pretend to not understand the argument. You fully understand why I was comparing him to Trevor Mbakwe (if you didn't, you're insanely stupid) and if you came out of this conversation thinking that I'm dying to use the N word, you can't read.

Who knows the truth in the Mbwake thing but it's a misdemeanor to lie to police, get to court and continue the lie it's a felony. I'm just suspicious when an accusation is made but won't press charges when push comes to shove.
They did press charges.

He was convicted (not accused/not tried) of beating a woman while sexually assaulting her. He did not plead not guilty and fight the charge.

I think pretty simple things make your head hurt.

(1) I only bring up my "part black wife" and "part black kids" because tons of people on this board have made comments like it's clear that I do not like black people. My family does not give me any additional clout. It's just like being black wouldn't give you any additional clout in the conversation. B it should put to rest the idea that I dislike black people. I'm sorry that fairly simple concept was lost on you.

(2) Trevor Mbakwe isn't a deflection. Again, this is really simple. The "apple" is the Eden Prairie Coaching Job. The fired one coach (apple) because of things that occurred of court and they replaced him with another coach (apple #2) who is a convicted of beating a woman while sexually assaulting her. These aren't even different types of apples. These are apples from the same tree, picked at the same time, that are probably on the same branch. Quit playing dumb. If you are this dumb, stay off the internet.

(3) I never use the N word and I've said numerous times that I don't care if African Americans say the N word.

Just. . . stop trying to tell people what to do especially when this conversation is WAY over your head. I've never argued for someone to use the word but I'm not going to pretend like applying context is impossible. We apply context in every other scenario. Specifically, I applied context to my reply.

You're not capable of real conversation because you're either mentally impaired or so pumped full of whatever agenda you worship that you pretend to not understand the argument. You fully understand why I was comparing him to Trevor Mbakwe (if you didn't, you're insanely stupid) and if you came out of this conversation thinking that I'm dying to use the N word, you can't read.
Wow... many assumptions on my mental capabilities here... I suppose that sometimes, instead of being able to prove one's point, it IS simply easier to try and discredit someone else. (y)
1. What you say is why people think that. I'm more embarrassed for your wife now. Tell her you played her race card in here- I bet she'll love that.
2. The simple part is: Flom's action is topic. Trev had nothing to do with it. How are you missing that?
3. Good for you?

Last edited:

Coach not fired and no settlement checks have been written? Oh this ain’t over til the cruise tickets are paid for.

The players who quit showed up to their playoff game last night and sat in the bleachers with protest signs. Not sure what they could sue the school district for. From what I hear, the three players are bent out of shape that the the district, upon completing their investigation, didn't get the families permission to re-instate the coach.

The players who quit showed up to their playoff game last night and sat in the bleachers with protest signs. Not sure what they could sue the school district for. From what I hear, the three players are bent out of shape that the the district, upon completing their investigation, didn't get the families permission to re-instate the coach.
Did the signs say, "hey, look at me! I'm a victim!"?

Wow... many assumptions on my mental capabilities here... I suppose that sometimes, instead of being able to prove one's point, it IS simply easier to try and discredit someone else. (y)
1. What you say is why people think that. I'm more embarrassed for your wife now. Tell her you played her race card in here- I bet she'll love that.
2. The simple part is: Flom's action is topic. Trev had nothing to do with it. How are you missing that?
3. Good for you?
I discredited you by dismantling your logic.

(1) Played a race card? Are you f'n slow? She doesn't have a "race card". LOL. My wife would be livid if she found out that I told people who accused me of being racist that my family is black. Yep, you really have people figured out. Black people aren't as dumb as you morons think they are. Unlike you, she'd easily be able to follow the logic. But hey, keep speaking for black people. Nothing racist about that.

(2) How does Trev have nothing to do with it? Honestly, stop pretending like you don't get it. It makes whatever point your trying to make even look worse. The topic is Flom's action AND THE SCHOOL'S RESPONSE to that action. This is pretty simple dumb dumb. When the school's response is to have him be replaced by a man that was convicted of beating a woman while trying to sexually assault her, it might bring into question the school's response. Well, it would for normal people. For you, people who pretend to not get it, you'll close your eyes and shriek.

• A thread about the Eden Prairie basketball coach being suspended/potentially fired for one act and being replaced by someone who inarguably did something way worse is DIRECTLY on topic. It's inconvenient for dipsh!ts like you, but unfortunately it's the truth and directly on topic.

(3) WTF are you talking about? You accused people on here of wanting to say the N word. I then replied that I didn't want to say the N word and you say "good for you?". Why would you have a question mark there? Do you really not understand why I made that point? It was in direct response to your idiotic last statement.

I understand why you're pretending not to follow. You're not a smart person, so you do this like snide half-arguments mixed with trying to guilt people away from opinions.

You're dumb, you can't help that however you're also a coward. You can fix that. Stop pretending to not understand things, it's cowardice and just highlights your unfortunate genetics.

"My wife would be livid if she found out that I told people who accused me of being racist that my family is black."

Could have just said "You're right." Nope, you needed to show to everyone what a condescending suburban blowhard looks like when they are severely, severely butthurt.

I discredited you by dismantling your logic.

(1) Played a race card? Are you f'n slow? She doesn't have a "race card". LOL. My wife would be livid if she found out that I told people who accused me of being racist that my family is black. Yep, you really have people figured out. Black people aren't as dumb as you morons think they are. Unlike you, she'd easily be able to follow the logic. But hey, keep speaking for black people. Nothing racist about that.

(2) How does Trev have nothing to do with it? Honestly, stop pretending like you don't get it. It makes whatever point your trying to make even look worse. The topic is Flom's action AND THE SCHOOL'S RESPONSE to that action. This is pretty simple dumb dumb. When the school's response is to have him be replaced by a man that was convicted of beating a woman while trying to sexually assault her, it might bring into question the school's response. Well, it would for normal people. For you, people who pretend to not get it, you'll close your eyes and shriek.

• A thread about the Eden Prairie basketball coach being suspended/potentially fired for one act and being replaced by someone who inarguably did something way worse is DIRECTLY on topic. It's inconvenient for dipsh!ts like you, but unfortunately it's the truth and directly on topic.

(3) WTF are you talking about? You accused people on here of wanting to say the N word. I then replied that I didn't want to say the N word and you say "good for you?". Why would you have a question mark there? Do you really not understand why I made that point? It was in direct response to your idiotic last statement.

I understand why you're pretending not to follow. You're not a smart person, so you do this like snide half-arguments mixed with trying to guilt people away from opinions.

You're dumb, you can't help that however you're also a coward. You can fix that. Stop pretending to not understand things, it's cowardice and just highlights your unfortunate genetics.

"After a season plagued with controversy and overshadowed by discord among players, parents and community members, David Flom resigned on Friday after 17 seasons as head coach of the Eden Prairie High School boys basketball team.

The news of Flom’s resignation was shared in an email to families of the Eden Prairie basketball program.

“I have decided it’s time for someone else to take leadership of the Eden Prairie basketball program,” Flom’s statement in the email read. “Unfortunately, in the past several months, some people have made comments and characterizations about me that are not true and that do not accurately represent my track record at Eden Prairie.

“As a result of all of this, I have decided that it is best for me to step aside.”

EPHS associate principal of student activities Russ Reetz acknowledged in the statement that he had received Flom’s resignation.

“Our focus now will be on providing the team with the best possible support and finding ways to heal after a difficult season,” Reetz said."

More at article.

“I have decided it’s time for someone else to take leadership of the Eden Prairie basketball program,” Flom’s statement in the email read. “Unfortunately, in the past several months, some people have made comments and characterizations about me that are not true and that do not accurately represent my track record at Eden Prairie.

“As a result of all of this, I have decided that it is best for me to step aside.”
Our new era of clown world is here to stay, it keeps winning.

Top Bottom