Eden Prairie Coach

This is nonsense. It's incredible that you believe this. How often have you been around African American people to know how commonplace it is? Also, I grew up in a majority-white town and was called the N-word way more growing up than when I moved to the cities with more people of color. You must be a troll or sincerely naive to think this is true. There are still white people in many places that never stop using the word as it was initially intended. It is incredible that you believe this when the tweet he was reading wasn't even used in a similar context to how African Americans use it. It was literally a tweet about not going to Chicago because too many n-words (er) were there
I think the football coach that was suspended this past year for reading one of his players texts out loud might disagree with you.

I think the football coach that was suspended this past year for reading one of his players texts out loud might disagree with you.
No he’s actually a clown for reading it out loud. There is no reason to read it out loud. I’m black & wouldn’t read it out loud in a professional setting. Would you read the F word or any other word expletive in a professional setting during a meeting?

Who does?
Nobody does. You can't legislate bad language. Most Americans simply judge others by behavior on a color blind basis. People who use racial and sexual slurs will be judged accordingly.

No he’s actually a clown for reading it out loud. There is no reason to read it out loud. I’m black & wouldn’t read it out loud in a professional setting. Would you read the F word or any other word expletive in a professional setting during a meeting?
If I was quoting someone, yes.

What Obama being president have to do with helping the black community?
Did you not read the entire post?

As a neutral third party, I'll break it down for you.

Even Barak Obama, who was the country's first African American president, did not do much to help black America (according to the poster). Obama won over 90% of the black vote and generated record breaking black voter turnout. He even ran on the idea/mandate of "change" and most people believed that included a positive change for the African American people in the US.

The poster was saying that EVEN Obama, who was the most powerful man on the planet, was not able to help the African American community because it is so complex. So if even Obama could not make significant change, how could he?

Now, are you confused as to why he brought it up in this thread? Or do you not think part of Obama's promise was to help the black community?

I'm not sure which is confusing to you.

K sure pal. We’ll just go ahead and keep having these ridiculous threads every year or so then.

Sorry guys. It's it remains a historically offensive word for white people to use under any circumstances. Stop whining about it. Stop trying to justify its use. Stop trying to cherry pick far fetched examples. Stop trying to backdoor your own use of the word because some black people use it in a wholly different way.

It's a terrible word with a terrible history. Just. stop.

Sorry guys. It's it remains a historically offensive word for white people to use under any circumstances. Stop whining about it. Stop trying to justify its use. Stop trying to cherry pick far fetched examples. Stop trying to backdoor your own use of the word because some black people use it in a wholly different way.

It's a terrible word with a terrible history. Just. stop.
Far fetched? Like the precise example that is the discussion in this thread and the kid at Florida who lost his scholarship.

Another brilliant take.

If it was optional, even you wouldn't do it, barrister.
WTF are you talking about? I quote terrible things at work all the time and I wasn't talking about within a court room.

Another swing and miss. You're so intimidated by my job that you feel the need to jump into these conversations and you just don't have the brains for them. So keep commenting on my job and letting the entire board know you feel like less of a man than me. But hell on the flipside, you finally got something right.

WTF are you talking about? I quote terrible things at work all the time and I wasn't talking about within a court room.

Another swing and miss. You're so intimidated by my job that you feel the need to jump into these conversations and you just don't have the brains for them. So keep commenting on my job and letting the entire board know you feel like less of a man than me. But hell on the flipside, you finally got something right.
I have no idea what jammy says because I have that poster on ignore. The history with it is once the jammy finds something personal to attack with- it will go on for years.

1675303017834.png

Last edited:

A word that has more power than actual violent actions. We’ve come a long way from Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase on SNL in the 70s We’ve become more racially divisive and hateful Guess focusing on words instead of doing the right things hasn’t changed the world.

Last edited:

Some of this is true, but there has also been a demographic change in Eden Prairie that always drastically impacts voting. It's the reason why Texas WILL go blue in the next few years.

White people now make up about 70% of Eden Prairie, they made up 90% in 2020.

If white people were 60/40 Republican and minorities were 80/20 Democrat, the area has shifted left with the demographics. The percentages I'm using are just a hypothetical to show how it's not usually the people's minds that change it's usually the people, themselves, who have changed. I'm also making no argument whether this is good or bad, some people celebrate that Texas is going blue and some people find it horrifying, I'm merely pointing out that drastic demographic shifts have a much larger impact on voting than people changing their minds (for better or worse depending on how you see it).

Total Population: 60,000
White Votes: 42,000
  • 25,200 GOP
  • 17,000 Dems
Minority Votes: 18,000
  • 14,000 Dems
  • 3,600 GOP
Total Vote:
  • 28,800 GOP
  • 31,000 Dems
You stated population was 90% white in 2020. Did you mean 2010? If it's true, that it was 90% in 2020 and now it's 70% in 2023, that's a 13,000 person change in 2 years. Seems implausible.

A word that has more power than actual violent actions. We’ve come a long way from Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase on SNL in the 70s We’ve become more racially divisive and hateful Guess focusing on words instead of doing the right things hasn’t changed the world.
Richard Pryor famously brought the word into mainstream entertainment consciousness with his standup and the 1974 album “That Ns Crazy.”

He also famously stopped using the word after a trip to Africa, when he said on a Barbara Walters interview (this was played when he passed),he didn’t see any there. If you want to understand the context of that comment, you can watch Pryor explain it on this YouTube clip NSFW
(under three minutes) -

Richard Pryor famously brought the word into mainstream entertainment consciousness with his standup and the 1974 album “That Ns Crazy.”

He also famously stopped using the word after a trip to Africa, when he said on a Barbara Walters interview (this was played when he passed),he didn’t see any there. If you want to understand the context of that comment, you can watch Pryor explain it on this YouTube clip NSFW
(under three minutes) -
My point wasn’t a black man using it . It was the word has become more powerful and hateful it seems the more society becomes obsessed with it policing it There are plenty of other hateful terms to choose from regarding race,sexual orientation, being handicapped but just one seems to be the point of no redemption regardless of circumstances .We are at the point were for instance someone used the word 20 years ago once ,as an example, can actually lose his job over it he though he may be a kind , respectful person to everyone. Seems like overkill . In my opinion the media fans the flames of racial division rather than extinguishing them far too often.

My point wasn’t a black man using it . It was the word has become more powerful and hateful it seems the more society becomes obsessed with it policing it There are plenty of other hateful terms to choose from regarding race,sexual orientation, being handicapped but just one seems to be the point of no redemption regardless of circumstances .We are at the point were for instance someone used the word 20 years ago once ,as an example, can actually lose his job over it he though he may be a kind , respectful person to everyone. Seems like overkill . In my opinion the media fans the flames of racial division rather than extinguishing them far too often.
I was simply giving a backstory regarding Richard Pryor’s history with it - that’s all 😀

How often have you been around African American people to know how commonplace it is?
He was saying that if it wasn't common place in the AA community.

Would there be more than zero whites, most likely older and in the south, that would still use the word amongst themselves to refer to Blacks in a hateful way, sure. But it would eventually dwindle out of existence entirely.

Talking about word ending in -er.

No, the coach from Rogers who got fired. That was what the whole incident stemmed from
???

I Googled "basketball coach from rogers minnesota fired" and got mostly nothing. Can you please link to this story? Or you're saying it got buried?

Simple, easy thought experiment:

should society find it acceptable for women to call each other c__t?

"Oh you know Sally, she's one of those 'work from home' c__ts."
"Can you believe what that Janice did?? I asked all my c__ts about it, and we all agree it was a terrible decisions."
"Oh for sure, she's my best c__t. We've been through it all together."

I say: no, society should not allow this to be acceptable for any women. It is of course not acceptable for men, and so it should not be acceptable for anyone.

Well ..... ?????

in the documentary Last Chance U about the JUCO basketball team at East LA, the term is tossed around casually, frequently, and mostly without anger - not really a term of endearment, but kind of how a white person might use "dude".
Right, and it is a word that ends in -a, correct?

If that's what the case is, that the word ending with -a is used by Black people calling each other "dude", then that version of the word should be allowed to be used by any race equally and have zero connection to the word ending in -er, which no one wants to use and shouldn't be used by anyone.

I'd prefer no one used either version of the word, because of course such a disconnect between the two versions will never happen.

Simple, easy thought experiment:

should society find it acceptable for women to call each other c__t?

"Oh you know Sally, she's one of those 'work from home' c__ts."
"Can you believe what that Janice did?? I asked all my c__ts about it, and we all agree it was a terrible decisions."
"Oh for sure, she's my best c__t. We've been through it all together."

I say: no, society should not allow this to be acceptable for any women. It is of course not acceptable for men, and so it should not be acceptable for anyone.

Well ..... ?????
Why should you get to decide? If they aren't offended within their group, who are you to say it's offensive? Men call each other MF'ers and CS'ers and A-holes - where is the line and who decides where it should be?

Why should you get to decide? If they aren't offended within their group, who are you to say it's offensive? Men call each other MF'ers and CS'ers and A-holes - where is the line and who decides where it should be?
Where did I say that I (me) was the one deciding??

Did I not clearly say "society should ..." ?

Furthermore, no one in this thread is talking about private conversations between friends. This is about public discourse. What is acceptable to say out in public.

Where did I say that I (me) was the one deciding??

Did I not clearly say "society should ..." ?

Furthermore, no one in this thread is talking about private conversations between friends. This is about public discourse. What is acceptable to say out in public.
You literally wrote: "I say no"

Top Bottom