Ed Olson Jr - big weight loss

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Noticed this in one of Shama's columns about Ed Olson, Jr:

With no more football in his future, Ed has gone on a low carbohydrate diet and dropped about 90 pounds from his playing weight of 320. He wore jersey No. 58, the same number his father, Ed Sr., did playing for the Gophers in the early 1980s. Now Tommy will wear No. 58. “Really cool,” Ed Jr. said about Tommy continuing the tradition. “Couldn’t think of anyone else wearing it.”

There was a picture with the column - I saw it and thought the caption had to be wrong, because there was no way that guy was a B1G lineman. He looked skinny. It makes you wonder just what some of these guys have to do to put on and keep on the weight.

Schidt, that's nothing. When I was a tiny newborn, I lost 10 pounds in a matter of minutes. I was circumcised.

Typical Dr. Don post... but it caught me off-guard. I LOLed.

Schidt, that's nothing. When I was a tiny newborn, I lost 10 pounds in a matter of minutes. I was circumcised.

I don't think you were circumcised. I think the Dr. got confused and you were decapitated.

I don't think you were circumcised. I think the Dr. got confused and you were decapitated.

No, that was your 50 pound head that got lost in surgery. :)

It is now on display at the Guiness Museum as the biggest head ever with nothing in it.

In the same vein: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...n-gross-transformation-from.html#.U-K6dfldVqU

Anyone familiar with the process, how many calories do these guys put in their bodies on a daily basis when they are trying to maintain their higher weights?

I thought someone posted a tweet on here by Alex Mayes a few days ago, where he showed a picture of himself from a year ago and a picture now, and something to the effect of "This is what a year of training and 6000 calories a day will do to your body" or something like that. I just checked his twitter though and didn't see it.

I remember reading an article a few years ago about a former D2 lineman who went from 305 to 220 in three years. He completely overhauled his diet and when the piece was written he was training to run a half marathon. The before and after pictures were astounding. Didn't even look like the same person.

I thought someone posted a tweet on here by Alex Mayes a few days ago, where he showed a picture of himself from a year ago and a picture now, and something to the effect of "This is what a year of training and 6000 calories a day will do to your body" or something like that. I just checked his twitter though and didn't see it.

I remember that post!

@RedditCFB: Ever wonder what a year of college football and a 6000 cal a day diet will do to you here's a pic of @alex_mayes76 http://t.co/jOPcRtLLAi

Thanks for the info!

If it was Ed with his Dad at practice this week, you would never recognize him as a former B1G lineman. Looks like he is 6'7" and about 220. Looks like a California beach volley ball player.

Top Bottom