Eastern Michigan vs. Howard

hungan1

Reaction score
Eastern Michigan was 9-4 overall and 5-3 in conference play last season.

If the Gophers don't play to the level of competition, they could be playing UNC on national TV on ESPN.

Maybe it is time for the Gophers to spring Sean yler as a punt returner.

Last edited:

Is it just me or does their rb have the physique of a kicker?

Not a fan of gray field, but does make green stand out.

If we don't rush for 200+ against EMU, it will be a long season...

why are there no fans ?
I have a Master's degree from EMU and there were no fans then, either. Now granted, this was 40 some years ago and I don't really follow the Hurons as they were known back then, so I'm not up on how they are doing currently. They came up with gimmicks to increase attendance, like having the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders do a halftime show. Part of the problem is most years the team isn't very good. When I was there they had the nation's longest losing streak.
The other problem is their proximity to UM. Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor abut one another, and the schools are at most 10 miles apart. The ones who really like football follow Michigan, even EMU students and faculty. I know some of the EMU faculty were season ticket holders at Michigan.

why are there no fans ?
EMU I think averages the fewest fans actually in the seats of any FBS program. Sure, they fudge the numbers to meet the minimum NCAA requirements, but I've never watched an EMU game where there appeared to be more than a few hundred in the stadium.

Top Bottom