East-West Shrine Bowl Thursday - Gopher Participants

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
East-West Shrine Bowl kicking off Thursday night at Allegiant Stadium in LV. Nice to see some Gophers going to be suiting up.

On the West Roster

- RB Moe Ibrahim
- CB Terrell Smith
- S Jordan Howden (cool to see Howden coming home to LV to play)

On the East Roster

- QB Tanner Morgan

I'm going to go this year and check it out. I gave my tickets away last year to some friends and they had a great time; they sat next to some parents of players who ended up getting drafted; enjoyed talking to some of those parents I guess. That has to be a cool experience for them.

I wonder if Tanner was a fill in for someone who dropped off or something like that. Seems odd for him to be in multiple games and being on the opposite roster from the other 3 seems off as well.

Regardless, hopefully all 4 have some great practices leading up to the game and are able to make some plays in the game itself.

Edit - nevermind. Looked at the rosters....the East/West thing is clearly just a very general thing as there are West Coast guys on the East Roster and East Coast guys on the West roster. Saw some other teams with split teammates as well.

East-West Shrine Bowl kicking off Thursday night at Allegiant Stadium in LV. Nice to see some Gophers going to be suiting up.

On the West Roster

- RB Moe Ibrahim
- CB Terrell Smith
- S Jordan Howden (cool to see Howden coming home to LV to play)

On the East Roster

- QB Tanner Morgan

I'm going to go this year and check it out. I gave my tickets away last year to some friends and they had a great time; they sat next to some parents of players who ended up getting drafted; enjoyed talking to some of those parents I guess. That has to be a cool experience for them.
How does Morgan end up on the East roster when all his Gopher teammates are on the West? Doesn't the "East-West" Shrine Bowl title mean something geographically?

I am very curious to see his 40, I don't see a ton of burst in this clip
He had enough burst to get past the defender, and then slowed up a bit to look for the ball. After that he made a nice adjustment to grab the ball. Anymore burst and he would have outran the ball.

Must have been a really windy day or something.... :)
Yes, I think that the wind was from the south yesterday and he was throwing to the north end zone at the UNLV facility. Went over the the practice fields today to get a look at practice. I learned that they were working out at the stadium - a day late....

He had enough burst to get past the defender, and then slowed up a bit to look for the ball. After that he made a nice adjustment to grab the ball. Anymore burst and he would have outran the ball.
Great ball skills and adjustment wish we could of seen it at the U more, he did not blow by it's a back shoulder wheel route. Great throw by QB only place he could put it

I am very curious to see his 40, I don't see a ton of burst in this clip
Yeah.....he's not going to win the stop watch war. I'm betting 4.6 or 4.7.

Anyone else think he appears to be sort-of limping? I just want him to be fully healthy and have a long NFL career. Such a class act.

Really happy for him. He came in with lots of expectations, especially after starting his freshman year. I kept thinking he was going to transfer when he wasn't playing much. But he stuck it out and is reaping the benefits.

I've looked at three different write-ups about the practices and Smith was mentioned as one of the top performers in all of them.

Yeah.....he's not going to win the stop watch war. I'm betting 4.6 or 4.7.

Anyone else think he appears to be sort-of limping? I just want him to be fully healthy and have a long NFL career. Such a class act.
I can't remember where I saw it...here...Twitter...but there was a comment that it's just how he walks lol

Top Bottom