East-West Divisions coming in 2014

Looks like we go back to playing Indiana once every decade. If the schedule doesn't change, we will play Indiana one time in a nine year span (2009-2017).

The 2014 schedule looks better unless Michigan starts playing like, well... Michigan.

I so hate the Thursday night opener b.s. to placate the stupid MN state fair and their parking needs. I say tell them to build some additional lots on the fair grounds property to go pound sand. We should be able to open the season at home on Saturday's like just about everyone else can. For some reason this will always annoy me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I so hate the Thursday night opener b.s. to placate the stupid MN state fair and their parking needs. I say tell them to build some additional lots on the fair grounds property to go pound sand. We should be able to open the season at home on Saturday's like just about everyone else can. For some reason this will always annoy me.

I don't like the TH opening either BUT it is way better than opening on the road.

love Love LOVE the schedule! we get some quality out of conference opponents and play Sconny on Rivalry weekend. hope those last games count for something in the upcoming years.

supadupafly;801059[B said:
]I so hate the Thursday night opener b.s. to placate the stupid MN state fair and their parking needs[/B]. I say tell them to build some additional lots on the fair grounds property to go pound sand. We should be able to open the season at home on Saturday's like just about everyone else can. For some reason this will always annoy me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The reason for theThursday nite opener was to 'open at home' and to avoid the labor day weekend distractions/competition.

The reason it was started this year was because the agreement with the U for the Fair to use UM parking lots expired.

At least this is my understanding.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a world-class transit system and people lived in patterns to support it so we wouldn't have the hassle of sacrificing a Saturday game on Labor Day weekend for Thursday night (or road openers) to placate people's mobility choices with loads of subsidized parking surrounding the state fair and St Paul campus? Just sayin'.

I'll still take 2016 over 2014 since we play OSU AND Michigan next year and neither in 2016. OSU >> PSU, Michigan (even now) >> Maryland/Rutgers, with Rutgers/Maryland likely > Purdue. But if next year is the year we make a major run, I'm all for it! Makes 2016 that much more likely if we can nab some recruits and capture fans' attention.

Michigan will be a really interesting team next year. Hoke will have his style of QB playing next year for the first time at Michigan.

I'd imagine richrod and hoke look for different things at the position.

Michigan will be a really interesting team next year. Hoke will have his style of QB playing next year for the first time at Michigan. I'd imagine richrod and hoke look for different things at the position.
How is Gardner going to change from this year to next? Or do you think he will get benched?

How is Gardner going to change from this year to next? Or do you think he will get benched?

You have to remember that The Rose has some sort of implant in his brain or something.

Thought Gardner was a senior. Wouldn't be surprised if he got benched or moved back to WR.

I don't think he is capable of leading them to a big ten title in the style of offense they want to play.

Next years' schedule is brutal.. Bad Michigan or good (remember, we lost every game vs. RichRod)

Top Bottom