Easily 3-0 with Mbakwe

At this point, I can say with absolute certainty, even with Mbakwe, our B1G record would not be 3-0.

I guess I hadn't thought about that, that most of his games last year were against non-conference teams, but we still played some decent teams. And as I said in my post, he had a lower turnover rate, more assists per game, and and higher assist-to-turnover ratio in all of his previous three seasons, two of which he did play for the whole conference slate. Last year I would have taken Nolen's skills and senior leadership over Craft's. He was the most important player on our team, more so after Joseph left, and I'm confident we would have remained top 20 for the rest of the season if Nolen were able to play.

No way. Not a chance.

minngg said:
No way. Not a chance.

I actually agree with you here. I liked Nolan (we disagree there) but Craft is pretty much the definition of a PG.

Nolen always had lower numbers in conference

You should use google and look up the facts first. His numbers over the last two seasons were pretty close to the same in the conference as non-conference.

Non-conference: 7.4 PTS, 3 REB, 4.5 AST, 2.7 STL, 1.8 TO, 2.5 AST/TO
Conference: 8.2 PTS, 4.1 REB, 4.1 AST, 2 STL, 1.7 TO, 2.4 AST/TO

OSU played much much better teams in the tournament and in NC. Not even close.

False again. Last year Ohio St.'s non conference schedule was not that tough and some could argue we played a tougher one. We had UNC and West Virginia. Ohio St. played Florida and Florida St. In the tournament they played a below average team in UTSA, good team in George Mason, and then lost to Kentucky. Overall their schedule was tougher, but not by that much.

I don't know who was better last year, but arguing Nolen isn't that outrageous. No doubt Craft will end with a better career than Nolen but that's not what the argument was.

Just can't stand when people throw things out without looking up the facts.

Craft didn't even start last year.... He wasn't even the best PG on his team.
Nolen averaged more points, one less assist, similar amount of steals, and one less turnover. I'm just looking at stats here.

don't look at stats, look at a game. I love Al Nolen but it would only take watching one of Al's games and one of Craft's games to see that Craft controls the game and is a better player. Some of which may come from playing with better players but measuring a player solely on stats does not do justice to a player like Craft.

You should use google and look up the facts first. His numbers over the last two seasons were pretty close to the same in the conference as non-conference.

Non-conference: 7.4 PTS, 3 REB, 4.5 AST, 2.7 STL, 1.8 TO, 2.5 AST/TO
Conference: 8.2 PTS, 4.1 REB, 4.1 AST, 2 STL, 1.7 TO, 2.4 AST/TO

False again. Last year Ohio St.'s non conference schedule was not that tough and some could argue we played a tougher one. We had UNC and West Virginia. Ohio St. played Florida and Florida St. In the tournament they played a below average team in UTSA, good team in George Mason, and then lost to Kentucky. Overall their schedule was tougher, but not by that much.

I don't know who was better last year, but arguing Nolen isn't that outrageous. No doubt Craft will end with a better career than Nolen but that's not what the argument was.

Just can't stand when people throw things out without looking up the facts.

You are telling part of the story. Average per game was effected by minutes played after Devoe left. Read these stats...look at the charts, see a pattern for things like fg%, to% etc during the year?? The trend is down every year when conference starts. Those are facts.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/minnesota/al-nolen

Now strength of schedule, how many conference games did Al play last year? How many did Craft play? The team strength of schedule means nothing because Al did not play a significant number of conference games. To even suggest that Al played as difficult a schedule as Craft when you consider conference games, tournament and NCAA's is ridiculous. Look in the mirror if you want to see someone playing loose with facts. I saw with my own eyes, Nolen play better in NC games. The charts show it. Al only played in 6 full conference games last year and only 6 the year before.

Nolen hands down a better defender

end of story, and that is why he was so valuable to the team. With him gone, guards did whatever they wanted against the Gophers last year.

The OSU PG is not that good.

end of story, and that is why he was so valuable to the team. With him gone, guards did whatever they wanted against the Gophers last year.

The OSU PG is not that good.

Craft is a great defender. Better than Nolen. Watch the game.

Top Bottom