Early Xmas present for Buckeyes today?

popeyoung5

Reaction score
The NCAA tells OSU what the final penalty is for the Tatoo 5. What will be the penalty? Bowl ban? How many schollies are lost? I think 30 schollies and a 1 year bowl ban will be a nice welcome for Urban Meyer and his recruiting.

Don't worry about urban "renewal" meyers. He will have the Buckeyes kicking everybody's butt all over the Big Ten all too soon and all too often. I don't care what kind of penalties they give the Buckeyes...they have so much talent on that squad right now that they could probably just skip a recruiting class this year and half a recruiting class next year and still put the fear of God in Ann Arbor meat-chicken, madison wisky and State College no pa for years to come.

The NCAA won't get the c-town moffia down too much. The buck-nuts are working with a double staff right now getting ready for their bowl game AND the "wrecking-crew", headed up by UM is "renewing" the current recruiting situation and probably UPGRADING it big time. When it comes to the Ohio State University Football Program...the NCAA is allowing Urban & Company a "head start" so that the slap on the wrist that the NCAA will give them won't hurt the balance of power in the NCAA top-tier of big-time teams too much.

The Buckeyes little penalty won't phase the faithful in c-town a bit. In fact, it may give them that "backs against the wall..." kind of attitude that will win them another NC within the next 3 seasons...

I might be wrong...but I have the feeling that folks in Ann Arbor, madison, State College and Lincoln will be mighty sorry that the c-town-maffia-express EVER got tattooed in their parlor by the NCAA. Urban "renewal" Meyer will give them a FRESH start and will revitalize their program. The sweater-vest dude was getting pretty stale and predictable... Hope I'm wrong...but...I think it will be predictably a case of the rich just getting richer no matter WHAT happens...That's the way things really usually do happen, you know...

; 0 )

If Ohio State has a bowl ban (which I'm sure they will at least for one year) does that mean they cannot play in the Big Ten title game? If so, then Wisconsin only has to compete against a program in crisis in Penn State and struggling programs Indiana and Illinois and a mediocre Purdue team to get another crack at the Rose Bowl next year.

Go Gophers!!

If Ohio State has a bowl ban (which I'm sure they will at least for one year) does that mean they cannot play in the Big Ten title game? If so, then Wisconsin only has to compete against a program in crisis in Penn State and struggling programs Indiana and Illinois and a mediocre Purdue team to get another crack at the Rose Bowl next year.

Go Gophers!!

I think you'd probably be right. It's a different conference but UCLA only got into the PAC 12 championship because USC's sanctions. And I agree that this only makes things easier for Wisconsin, hopefully their rent a QB system eventually backfires.

When this story broke, I thought big time sanctions-no brainer. In the wake of the effed up stuff and PSU and Miami, they will get a slap on the wrist-at most. Those light self imposed sanctions, might actually be in line with the NCAA punishment.

My reco to the NCAA is as soon as they close the Tattoo file, just start another one for the long list of infractions that Urban will commit. He is a great a coach, motivator, gamesman and slimeball as they come (redundant-I know). The Urban Renewal program will garner at least 4 B1G titles, 2 national titles, and more sanctions in the next 8 years.

My reco to the NCAA is as soon as they close the Tattoo file, just start another one for the long list of infractions that Urban will commit. He is a great a coach, motivator, gamesman and slimeball as they come (redundant-I know). The Urban Renewal program will garner at least 4 B1G titles, 2 national titles, and more sanctions in the next 8 years.

Link? Those are pretty strong accusations. Care to provide any evidence or do you just want to bash the man some more? He has 10 years of Division I head coaching experience at 3 different locales, and not the slightest hint of any rules violations has come out. And "slimeball"? Please. Based on what?

When this story broke, I thought big time sanctions-no brainer. In the wake of the effed up stuff and PSU and Miami, they will get a slap on the wrist-at most. Those light self imposed sanctions, might actually be in line with the NCAA punishment.

I agree with mason, let's see how long he lasts.

Maybe he earned the Slimeball title based on the number of arrests while he was head coach at Florida.

Maybe he earned the Slimeball title based on the number of arrests while he was head coach at Florida.

Was he out earning these arrests with those players? How is x number of arrests his fault?

Link? Those are pretty strong accusations. Care to provide any evidence or do you just want to bash the man some more? He has 10 years of Division I head coaching experience at 3 different locales, and not the slightest hint of any rules violations has come out. And "slimeball"? Please. Based on what?

Yes, a little bashing to accompany my compliments is well within bounds. Decaf much?

I don't need evidence to make a suggestion or prediction. Regardless, they are not accusations. In the event you missed it, tOSU has a history of NCAA violations, not limited to the years under the vest. One of the reasons BIG time programs like to 'hire their own' (i.e. former players and coaches) to keep little secrets (boosters) just that-secret. NCAA rules infractions or player misconduct are part of any elite program- but occur at varying levels of severity, occurance and visibility. tOSU is looking to win national titles-period, they want to be an elite program. The hiring of said new coach only raises the stakes for all and they will do what is necessary to win.

He is a slimeball for the way (and why) he left Florida. However, I am grateful that his 'health issues' cleared up and filled his "family building" obligation.

He is a slimeball for the way (and why) he left Florida.

False. My wife's cousins (and their spouses), who are all UF alums and the biggest Gator rubes you could find, all agree that, while they wish he would've stayed if he was planning to continue coaching, they don't hold it against him. He thought he had to retire for health reasons, subsequently found out that his health problems were not as bad as originally feared, and decided that he couldn't live without coaching. If you read his biography (published in 2007 after Florida's first national title under Meyer), you would know that Ohio St., Michigan, and Notre Dame are the only jobs he said he'd ever leave Florida for. So, just as he said he would, he came back to coaching because the Ohio St. job was available. That makes him a "slimeball"? You've never made a decision you later regretted? Let us bow down at your feet if so.

Was he out earning these arrests with those players? How is x number of arrests his fault?

Like it or not he is the face of the program, he disciplines his team and the team is a direct reflection of the coach. He also recruited some/most, I am sure some were Zook's, and he has some responsibility for their actions off the field.

Like it or not he is the face of the program, he disciplines his team and the team is a direct reflection of the coach. He also recruited some/most, I am sure some were Zook's, and he has some responsibility for their actions off the field.

You hit on it in your response without even realizing it. He is responsible for the discipline of the players, not the actions of those players. No one person can be responsible for every little thing that happens in the lives of 105 people. And there is a strong argument to be made that keeping young men within the structure and accountability of an athletics program (aside from the obvious benefits of having them there to help you win games) is better than kicking them off the team and letting them run the streets.

The rich get richer. When they get off probation their walk-on kids will be better than Kill's 2012 recruited class. It is what it is.

Top Bottom