Early Lindy Poll

I'm sorry but Wisconsin is not a top 10 team to start the season. I think the Lindy's folks are reading too much into their bowl win over Miami. After seeing how fat John Clay got in the off season, I can't imagine he'll be any where near the shape he'll need to be in to carry the bulk of their offense. They have a reasonably good back up, if not great, and a stellar oline, but these high expectations are based for the most part on Clay's abilities as a ball carrier. If he can get into shape they could be a top 10 ten, but out of the block no. As for our chances in Madison, history doesn't bode well for us. I don't think we've come home with a victory since 1994. I don't think Iowa is unbeatable this fall either. Honestly, the only games I think we can count the gophers out in are USC and OSU. If one of the freshman backs turns out to be the real deal, we could have an interesting fall.

I'm sorry but Wisconsin is not a top 10 team to start the season. I think the Lindy's folks are reading too much into their bowl win over Miami. After seeing how fat John Clay got in the off season, I can't imagine he'll be any where near the shape he'll need to be in to carry the bulk of their offense. They have a reasonably good back up, if not great, and a stellar oline, but these high expectations are based for the most part on Clay's abilities as a ball carrier. If he can get into shape they could be a top 10 ten, but out of the block no. As for our chances in Madison, history doesn't bode well for us. I don't think we've come home with a victory since 1994. I don't think Iowa is unbeatable this fall either. Honestly, the only games I think we can count the gophers out in are USC and OSU. If one of the freshman backs turns out to be the real deal, we could have an interesting fall.

Wisconsin and Iowa are easily preseason top 15 teams purely based on what is coming back for both teams. John Clay, Zach Brown and Monte Ball are RBs I would take over any RBs at Minnesota. Clay will be in fine shape when the season gets into gear. Iowa has 8 starters on defense back including Adrian Clayborn and Tyler Sash, who have All-American aspirations. Not to mention, Iowa returns Stanzi, McNutt, DJK, Resiner, Sandeman and Davis (WR/TE). Robinson, Hampton and Wegher at RB give Iowa offensive balance. Iowa's question mark is the o-line. Ferentz was an o-line coach in the NFL and produced some great o-lines @ Iowa. I am confident Iowa's o-line will be satisfactory. Clearly, Minnesota has a chance to win any game on their schedule but on paper, Minnesota will be very fortunate to beat OSU, PSU, Iowa, Wisky and USC.

Typical Gopher fan post: Wisky too high yadda yadda, fat running back yadda yadda, we beat em this year yadda yadda.

How did the fat running back look against you last year? The badgers return the starter at QB, have two great targets in Lance Kendricks and Nick Toon and a few other servicable wide receivers who formerly played HS ball in MN. The offensive line is potentially the best ever at UW. I would argue that Carimi and Moffit are not the best players on that unit. K. Zeitler will be a force and the other guard spot has a number of excellent candidates with expereince. There are some questions at DT and safety. Blake Sorenson could start for a lot of teams at LB and may just be a third down guy for us. With a few exceptions, most college teams have a few question marks going into a fall camp.

Not sure about sixth in the nation, but we have a pretty good team. The starting QB needs to stay healthy. Badgers can play with anyone this year. The Gophers will need breaks and plenty of them to come out of CR with a win. Upsets are always possible, however not likely in this matchup.

it's ohio state and then everyone else

everyone else is fighting for that insignificant bowl game

wake me when it isn't OSU

Top Bottom