Early Grads report in this week!

I’m grateful for their sacrifices. Having to go through an extra spring ball is no joke.

Hope they at least get to go back and do their senior prom. Would just be awful if that is taken away.

Eleven freshmen will be reporting in this week. Always good to have early grads come in to get an head start in the program and being able to participate in the Spring Game. I believe that some of these guys will be contributors in this upcoming season.
Who are the eleven?

I’m grateful for their sacrifices. Having to go through an extra spring ball is no joke.

Hope they at least get to go back and do their senior prom. Would just be awful if that is taken away.
Skipping out on HS is not my cup of tea, but most of these D1 athletes are pretty independent and will make most of their long lasting friends in or after college.

Skipping out on HS is not my cup of tea, but most of these D1 athletes are pretty independent and will make most of their long lasting friends in or after college.
Yeah people’s experiences vary. For me high school was a big deal, others it was hell on earth and their life began the moment they left home.m

Jerry Kill once said that for some kids college football was the first family some of those kids had… life at home is rough for some.

I'm not sure who all of the eleven players are but my source told me that was the number. Eight on defense and 3 on offense. The one's I know for sure are below.

Drake Lindsey
Sam Macy
Nathan Roy
Jaydon Wright
Mike Gerald
Ohifame Ijeboi

I have this feeling that Mike Gerald is going to see the field early, in some capacity. Maybe just STs to start. But he is so versatile. Proverbial Swiss army knife.

Look at 247 commitments and it shows which ones are the early enrollees.

Yeah people’s experiences vary. For me high school was a big deal, others it was hell on earth and their life began the moment they left home.m

Jerry Kill once said that for some kids college football was the first family some of those kids had… life at home is rough for some.
Jerry’s self described “best recruit”, his wife, entered the transfer portal.

There are some kids that are just ready to be done with high school too, for various reasons. Plenty of kids are doing PSEO, some even as early as their junior year. Although, they are technically still high school students and can participate in the high school activities. I think someone mentioned prom. I think prom isn't what it used to be and a lot of kids don't really care about it like they used to. More and more kids skipping it or just getting dressed up and doing their own thing.

There are some kids that are just ready to be done with high school too, for various reasons. Plenty of kids are doing PSEO, some even as early as their junior year. Although, they are technically still high school students and can participate in the high school activities. I think someone mentioned prom. I think prom isn't what it used to be and a lot of kids don't really care about it like they used to. More and more kids skipping it or just getting dressed up and doing their own thing.
In most cases the kid is still allowed to go to their prom as long as it doesn't interfere with any like the Spring Game. Most also still walk with their class at graduation in May or June.

Look at 247 commitments and it shows which ones are the early enrollees.
This is usually the case but right now it looks like it just shows all 19 as signed and doesn't yet reflect which players are enrolled.

I wonder if the discrepancy in the number could come from transfers. Brosmer will for sure be here for spring ball, not sure how many of the others will be but would assume at least a few of them will be on campus for spring.

This is usually the case but right now it looks like it just shows all 19 as signed and doesn't yet reflect which players are enrolled.

I wonder if the discrepancy in the number could come from transfers. Brosmer will for sure be here for spring ball, not sure how many of the others will be but would assume at least a few of them will be on campus for spring.
Correct, all of the transfers will be reporting tomorrow as well. They have to get their physicals and go through orientation as well as getting their class schedules for the spring.

Probably gets updated on Tuesday when they start classes.

Nice to see Drake Lindsey in the list. Never too early to post "We need to give Drake more snaps".

Look at 247 commits. Next to where they’re from if they’re coming early there will be what looks like a little clock. I count 9 coming in early for the freshman.

What is exciting is that with a new special teams coach the kids who play on special teams will be able to make meaningful contributions for the first time..

For posterity, according to 247 these are the Early Enrollees coming out of High School:

Nathan Roy
Drake Lindsey
Julian Johnson
Mike Gerald
Jacob Simpson
Jaydon Wright
Sam Macy
Ohifame Ijeboi
Dallas Sims

So either 247 is missing 2 early enrollees, or wherever dbradford29 got the number 11 was incorrect (or perhaps including transfers in the count?).

For posterity, according to 247 these are the Early Enrollees coming out of High School:

Nathan Roy
Drake Lindsey
Julian Johnson
Mike Gerald
Jacob Simpson
Jaydon Wright
Sam Macy
Ohifame Ijeboi
Dallas Sims

So either 247 is missing 2 early enrollees, or wherever dbradford29 got the number 11 was incorrect (or perhaps including transfers in the count?).
We covered that part already. Yes, I was told 11 but it was actually 9 and 6 transfer kids. Today is their 1st day of class so they've officially started the Spring semester as Gophers.

I remember when this used to mean that most of these guys would be Gophers for the next 4-5 years. Now it just means they are probably going to be Gophers for spring ball, likely will be on the roster next year, and after that who knows?

I remember when this used to mean that most of these guys would be Gophers for the next 4-5 years. Now it just means they are probably going to be Gophers for spring ball, likely will be on the roster next year, and after that who knows?

I was thinking about that today. It really makes red-shirting less important. If a kid has any chance to play, burn that eligibility. The chance you'd ever see a year 5 out of someone is not good. Granted kids can choose it for themselves, but if not, I'd play everyone.

Top Bottom