early enrolee tyler moore

Go4

Reaction score
i don't blame him at if he has a hint of regret. i don't think any of these kids should enroll early. you only have one senior year in high school and you will never get it back.

Although its been a long time ago, there is nothing like the spring of your sr year in HS.

Interesting. Everyone is always concerned with getting a head start. It's not right in many situations.
I'd like to know if Moore will regret his decision next year or five or ten years down the road.
I hope football doesn't trend like high school hockey and young ones move to Ann Arbor to develop their game.

Kinda depends on what you are looking for out of football. That extra spring could help you get to the NFL a year earlier or there at all, help you start sooner, and so on.

The flip side is the last semester of high school was a blast...but in reality, it was all the summer grad parties and lake parties that were the best, and all recruits miss those since they have to enroll in summer school starting june 8.

Every kid is different. some are more emotionally mature, and can handle being away from home. Other kids get away from home, their buddies and their support system, and it's easy to get a little homesick - especially when your buddies are tweeting and posting on facebook about all the fun they're having without you.

I have a friend whose 2 oldest kids never set foot in their high school after their sophomore years (they were at Concordia under PSEO), except for swimming for the oldest and soccer practice for the younger. The difference is that they still had their friends around, and did stuff with them. And also, they had that last month when they can just hang around, while their friends were still at school.

It's the height of prom season in Texas. I bet that's a large part of Tyler's regrets.

It's the height of prom season in Texas. I bet that's a large part of Tyler's regrets.

He can celebrate his HS prom with a U of M coed. He won't regret THAT!

None of our early enrollees have geographically moved as far as Tyler has moved. Ours come back for prom graduation and the other significant events.

I like Doc's idea!

Just my opinion. Johnson is a beast and early enrollment will put him in the NFL a year earlier.

None of our early enrollees have geographically moved as far as Tyler has moved. Ours come back for prom graduation and the other significant events.

I like Doc's idea!

Just my opinion. Johnson is a beast and early enrollment will put him in the NFL a year earlier.

I also think Moore is a beast and will be in the NFL a year earlier too(barring injury)

but i dont think HS seniors should give up their last Spring in HS to get a jump on the college. that is what summer school can do for them

I'm sure he is just looking at the social media accounts of all his high school friends and feels like he is missing out on a lot of things back home. Soon he will realize the guys on his team are his new family and he will be over the emotions he is having right now in no time. He's just a kid that moved 1000 miles from home and was thrown into a completely new life situation. There will be growing pains before he adjusts. I have faith the team and coaches will take care of him.

The coaches love getting kids on campus early. Extra time to get acclimated to school, train, practice and get on the nutrition program. But it's up to the kid and what he thinks is best for him. If you are going to school to play football and you want an edge this is it.

One clue to the quality of a program is the number of early enrollees. We used to have very few. 4 this year is a good sign.

Top Bottom