Early Big Ten Football Predictions for 2023 (Big Ten West: 3. Minnesota)

Um - Wisconsin has one of the top transfer classes in the nation (couldn't even squeeze the All-American kicker and first-team all-conference OL transfers on there). Minnesota is....70th (per On3).

Not really comparable my friend.

View attachment 23176 View attachment 23177
If on3 is the standard, I will start using their data. You're right it is really hard to compare. Minnesota has 83% of their transfers rated higher than they were in HS. WI 53%. Wisconsin has 3 QB's. They all can't play. WI's class is twice the size of MN. They have 4 WR in the class. All are rated lower than Spencer and one is tied with Crooms. WI brought in Names and high profile positions with 7 QB/WR's

If on3 is the standard, I will start using their data. You're right it is really hard to compare. Minnesota has 83% of their transfers rated higher than they were in HS. WI 53%. Wisconsin has 3 QB's. They all can't play. WI's class is twice the size of MN. They have 4 WR in the class. All are rated lower than Spencer and one is tied with Crooms. WI brought in Names and high profile positions with 7 QB/WR's
Wasting your time trying to reason with this clown. :)

Um - Wisconsin has one of the top transfer classes in the nation (couldn't even squeeze the All-American kicker and first-team all-conference OL transfers on there). Minnesota is....70th (per On3).

You better hope Wisconsin’s class is much better, we aren’t the team playing catch up anymore. They also rank your high school class lower than us.

Last edited:

Hot take: I would take even money that Minnesota finishes ahead of Wisconsin, but I would give Wisconsin better odds of winning the B1G.

Rationale: Wisconsin is a goat rodeo right now, and I don't think they will solve all their problems in year zero, so we are likely to be better. That said, with a new coach and a lot of new transfers, they are less of a known commodity, so I think it is more likely they strike gold and are transformatively better than last year than it is that we take several steps forwardro reach that level. However, maybe Athan is the savior we've been clamoring for at QB and Simon helps get us to the promised land. So don't sleep on the Gophs.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but Wisconsin has only one relatively proven WR from the portal in Green from OSU. Williams from USC was highly rated, but unproven. The two Cincy guys are likely role players, at best. Dike and Bell are probably going to be the top 4 with Williams and Green. Formidable group, but there's only so many balls to go around AND they have to keep Allen happy with carries.

Wisconsin is improved on paper and they have better depth everywhere except RB. However, it all has to gel. Their defense didn't seem too far off last year with young guys. They're only losing 2 true difference makers on defense. Depending on scheme there, they should better.

I'd say add Torchico as the 3rd difference maker they lose on that Badgers defense.

This has win total prediction. MN at 7.5. Tied with Maryland for 6th in B1G

tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin (8) and Iowa (8).

This has win total prediction. MN at 7.5. Tied with Maryland for 6th in B1G

tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin (8) and Iowa (8).
Using two significant figures in that calculation is the same math fraud 247 uses to rank recruits at four significant figures.
7.5 should round to 8.

Too many transfers. If you want success, it is still development and building a core. Sprinkle in a guy here and there. Not going to build success with the NIL and transfers. Hope they get more going.

Top Bottom