E. Illinois Kickoff 6:00pm

Why? Does BTN have a special on OSU or Michigan they need to air at 9:00?

I have to work that night, so I'll be DVR'ing the game and watching it later - probably on Saturday.

So, from a purely selfish standpoint, I don't care what time the game starts.

It was 6 pm last year too. I'd rather see a 7:00 start time but oh well.

6pm or 7pm. 6:30pm or 7:30pm. Not really going to make a huge difference in the end. Man, some of you rubes will quite honestly complain about anything. smh....

Well, we have the tailgating debate to look forward to.

It was 6 pm last year too. I'd rather see a 7:00 start time but oh well.

Last year there was a Vikes game at 7, so that made a little more sense to try to stagger traffic. Not a problem this year, obviously. Also, the Gophs are the only game on BTN, so there's no TV conflict.

6pm or 7pm. 6:30pm or 7:30pm. Not really going to make a huge difference in the end. Man, some of you rubes will quite honestly complain about anything. smh....
There's a reason that 99% of sports on a weeknight don't start before 7pm local time. It's called catering to the masses.

Well this could make things much more significantly difficult for me to make it there from Duluth if classes go late.... hmmm

I'll start the tailgating topic off! I really hope they can find a way to clear out the tailgating lots this year so there aren't lines of cars sitting in the street waiting for campus employees to leave for the day.

I'm fine with tailgating starting at 2, but if it takes until 3:30-4 for maybe a quarter to half of the lot to open up, it's less than ideal.

Bitch and moan. Bitch and moan. It's not good for me so it's bad for all. :banghead::banghead:

What do you care? You don't go to games

No, but for some reason, he fancies himself as some sort of authority figure around here. So, every time he reads something he doesn't like, he pins on his tin star from Woolworths and throws his two wheat pennies' worth in.

No, but for some reason, he fancies himself as some sort of authority figure around here. So, every time he reads something he doesn't like, he pins on his tin star from Woolworths and throws his two wheat pennies' worth in.

You guys weren't even wet dreams in your daddies scrotums when I attended lots of Gopher games.

And we never bitched and moaned about starting times. Grow up boys.

Damn. I have to get off work early. Again.

You guys weren't even wet dreams in your daddies scrotums when I attended lots of Gopher games. And we never bitched and moaned about starting times. Grow up boys.
Take your own advice and grow up. If it doesn't bother you than keep your mouth shut and stop telling others how to act. Some are disappointed and voiced that, nothing wrong in doing that.

You guys weren't even wet dreams in your daddies scrotums when I attended lots of Gopher games.

And we never bitched and moaned about starting times. Grow up boys.
Says the guy who complains constantly about people who complain. Carry on, Deputy Fife.

You pups just can't handle being scolded about your childish behavior.

Seems like a curious choice as most w-2 workers work until 5-6 pm. Doesn't leave a lot of time to get down to the stadium.

Stands to reason at least some fans that would have been able to attend a 7 pm game will not be able to make a 6 pm kickoff for inability to get time off.

I'm tempted to start a poll on most annoying repetitive poster, walrus or don, but I actually kind of like both. Walrus for his creative insults and Don for the cantankerousness. Both eccentric and gopherhole fixtures. It wouldn't be the same without them.

Has anyone seen any good 'uniform threads' lately?

Yeah, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to start the game at 6:00 rather than 7:00.

Yeah, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to start the game at 6:00 rather than 7:00.

I take your comment in good humor, because if the game started at 7:00, there would still be bitchers and moaners.

Station 19, re:uniforms. If we are not maroon over white, with white helmets, black high top shoes, I am gonna whine, cry, complain, and buy myself 24 beers either way.

Take your own advice and grow up. If it doesn't bother you than keep your mouth shut and stop telling others how to act. Some are disappointed and voiced that, nothing wrong in doing that.

There are three things I have learned about the good Doctor...

1. He likes to express his opinion about how he doesn't like when others express their opinion.

2. He likes to complain about how others complain.

3. He is a good Gopher fan.

The 6pm start means 1-hour less of tailgating in comparison to a 7pm game. I think that is a big deal and should be bitched about.

Top Bottom