Dylan Wright

btowngopher

Reaction score
Is he banged up? Why has his involvement in the offense taken a nose dive?

He took that hit in the CO game and didn't come back for the rest of the game, perhaps that was a bit more serious than we though? Did he even play on saturday? Was he dressed?

He took that hit in the CO game and didn't come back for the rest of the game, perhaps that was a bit more serious than we though? Did he even play on saturday? Was he dressed?
He played but very little and seems he wasn't part of the game plan. Possibly an injury of some sort slowed him last week. Wonder if he was held out of too many practices last week. We need both CAB and Wright on the field at the same time.

He played on Saturday, just didn't get the ball thrown to him.

He was out there, I know I saw him 16 run quite a few routes in the first quarter. He hardly saw the field after that. Sounds like there was conjecture that there was some yelling by him on the sidelines and an argument that had him sit and kind of benched. The stunts and the blitzes that Bowling Green ran with there linebackers seemed to confuse our O-line the whole game. That and the right Tackle Faelelae had his worst game as a Gopher. Seemed like Big Dan was beat off the edge at least 2 or 3 times, Morgan took two big shots off the right side. Morgan held the ball and didn't seem to want to throw or just was in a fog, he didn't seem like he was himself on Saturday.

He was out there, I know I saw him 16 run quite a few routes in the first quarter. He hardly saw the field after that. Sounds like there was conjecture that there was some yelling by him on the sidelines and an argument that had him sit and kind of benched. The stunts and the blitzes that Bowling Green ran with there linebackers seemed to confuse our O-line the whole game. That and the right Tackle Faelelae had his worst game as a Gopher. Seemed like Big Dan was beat off the edge at least 2 or 3 times, Morgan took two big shots off the right side. Morgan held the ball and didn't seem to want to throw or just was in a fog, he didn't seem like he was himself on Saturday.
Seemed on at least two of the sacks i saw he had open guys but held it too long. Both on third down.

Wouldn't it be nice if the media asked Fleck about it?

He was the target on the first pick no?
I think so....man if the OLine had held a little longer and Morgan could've stepped into that pass I think he gets it over the defender and Wright takes it to the end zone....

Yeah, he was visibly frustrated after one play where Morgan ran. After that he was off the field.

it’s odd that he was targeted and played well against OSU, but against Bowling Green the staff decided not to target him.

Strange move on the part of the OC/Fleck

He mentions CAB affecting the game plan, but we didn’t have him for OSU and we used Wright. Is it too simple to assume you transfer the game plan to Wright?

something is off with the staff. I don’t think ppl are on the same page. I wouldn’t be surprised if the offense doesn’t have a good game against Purdue, that Simon is promoted.

Hard to get him the ball when Sanford's play scheme all game was:
RUTM this way
RUTM that way
Predictable 3rd and long throw with 2 LBers down Tanner's throat
Punt.

He played but very little and seems he wasn't part of the game plan. Possibly an injury of some sort slowed him last week. Wonder if he was held out of too many practices last week. We need both CAB and Wright on the field at the same time.
I think he was held out of practices. When CAB went down, PJ/Sanford were in deer in headlights. Next man up! next man up!! PJ didnt mean next player up. Pathetic.

https://247sports.com/college/minne...rdue-Preview-Coach-PJ-Fleck-quotes-171841764/

You mentioned Dylan Wright, what was his situation?

Fleck: "Nothing. He'll be okay. The way the game plan intended of what we were doing and with CrAB back in there. But, nothing particular."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Daaaaaaa ... what do you mean??? He's fine! Nothing to see! Next question!!!
Guessing it wasn't injury related and PJ isn't gonna divulge that....even less likely for him to talk about non-injury reasons than injury reasons.

And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)”

He's the best WR on our roster.
IIRC the only thing really holding him back was learning how to be a better blocker. CAB and Mr. Wright are great. Both make incredible catches. I really hope we can get those two going this season!

He's the best WR on our roster.
Yeah, he and CAB could be neck and neck on receptons this year. Plus mix in Brown-Stephens, Daniel Jckson, and arising Larry Wright. Looking pretty deep at WR right now...

Found this gem on my timeline. Let's hope he's putting in work with his route tree too.
Oh, come on! They are not challenging him enough. They should release the ball twice as fast.

IIRC the only thing really holding him back was learning how to be a better blocker. CAB and Mr. Wright are great. Both make incredible catches. I really hope we can get those two going this season!
I'm pretty certain it's his understanding of the playbook (or the lack thereof) and his routes, being his challenges. He's as physically gifted as you could ask in a WR.

I'm pretty certain it's his understanding of the playbook (or the lack thereof) and his routes, being his challenges. He's as physically gifted as you could ask in a WR.
Probably confused what I had heard. He has made some incredible catches. I just dream of how dangerous this O can be with him blowing the top off of a defense. Most defenses will need to double cover CAB. I think Dylan can make them pay for that.

This year, if no injuries, CAB = Tyler Johnson and Dylan = Rashod Bateman (except rangier). If our running game is good, and Tanner is comfortable back in the Ciarocca’s RPO offense, Dylan and CAB could have huge years.

Top Bottom