Dunbar

forestlaker

Reaction score
Would we be better off if we had kept Dunbar as OC? I'm guessing one reason for the change in OCs was the beating that Weber was taking. If the coaching staff saw that we had no realistic backup at QB and had an OL than couldn't protect the QB they probably felt they had to change the offensive system to something that got the ball out of Webers hands. Dunbar didn't want to modify the spread and so Brewster felt a change was needed. If Dunbar had stayed, Weber would have probably gotten injured like he did the previous year. (Many of you think this would be a good thing.) Gray may have made more of a contribution out of a spread formation but I would bet turnovers would have been a major problem.

You guys overthink things. Dunbar is difficult to work with and likely him and Brewster didn't get along.

Given that Dunbar was let go by Tedford I think it is fair to say he was a bad hire by Brewster.

I kinda thought the same thing until I saw Clydes stats thread. As odd as it seems fisch and Dunbar did about the same in the Big Ten, maybe Fisch a little better. fisch is allowed a step back and apparently didn't take one, but maybe that was not possible. So I'll say no, Dunbar wouldn't have doen better this year. Or not enough to make a difference.

Dunbar was no team player!

He figured if we scored 29 points then he did his job. Nevermind that his system gave opponents 36 possessions a game too.

Why was the running game better with his spread?

I remember a terrible running game under the spread. Wasn't Weber the main runner on QB draws and scrambles?

forestlaker;139777[B said:
]I remember a terrible running game under the spread[/B]. Wasn't Weber the main runner on QB draws and scrambles?

If the running game under Dunbar was terrible, what would you use to describe this year's version?

I think in the Big Ten we were actually about 20 ypg better this year rushing. Go look at Clyde's thread, good for some head scratching.

Top Bottom