Dumbest coaches ever

True that Weber is a 5th year player but to his credit it's not like he's been learning the same system for five years. He's been basically a freshman every year learning how to run different offenses. I blame this loss as well as pretty much all the other ones solely on the defense anyways.

An example of Weber losing games for us...even when he's good, he's bad. The long pass to Bennett down the sideline was so underthrown, Bennet had time to tie his shoelaces before the duck landed.

Are you honestly blaming McKnight for not being able to pull in the ball that he could barely reach with one hand?

Are you talking about the play that was ultimately called PI on McKnight? If that's the case, he got one hand on the ball and the other hand was being held, hence the PI call.

Otherwise, I have no clue which pass you guys are talking about.

An example of Weber losing games for us...even when he's good, he's bad. The long pass to Bennett down the sideline was so underthrown, Bennet had time to tie his shoelaces before the duck landed.

You forget the perfect shot to Lair (last TD we had)? I think for every lame duck he throws, he's thrown another pass (usually a TD) that is so spot on it's beautiful. His inconsistency kills us, for sure. But that's the furthest I'll go to label him.

just baffled how anyone could be ripping weber for his play this year? he has played very well and today he looked like a big time qb. some of you are so childish with your desire to see gray play that you try to rip weber for playing a very soild game. weber isnt calling the plays, he didnt call a draw play with a minute left in the game.

What is it you see in Weber that makes him look like a "big time" qb. Here's what I see that does not: Inaccurate, unpredictable passing. Need an example? How about the first one and last one thrown against Northwestern?

Still stares down receivers, despite being nearly idolized by the B10 Network for his amazing number of starts and team records. They forget to address how many games we've won in that time.

Takes forever to get going when attempting to move out of the pocket and so usually ends up being brought down far short of the kind of yardage his counterpart realizes most of the game.

I've spent the better part of four seasons watching this nonsense and the only thing worse than Weber at QB is a coaching staff who can't figure out how to replace him. Does he make good plays? Sure, just like every other inconsistent QB who is going nowhere beyond the level at which he's playing. But the inconsistency and number of boneheaded plays always wipe out the good things. Too bad because he obviously has the determination to keep taking a shot.

Wow

I guess Weber has become the scapegoat for the season. Everyone seems to collectively hate the coaches, and Weber as the main culprit on the field. One things for sure, he's our best option at QB this year on the roster. Gray does not throw a perfect ball, does not grasp running the offense, and still has a lot to learn at that position. Play calling still comes down to execution. Everyone that thinks the draw was so terrible wouldn't have thought so if it went for 15-20 yards. NW was susceptable to the run all day. They were in a deep zone and prevent for the pass, they assumed we were passing. This play was not executed correctly at the line - blown assignment. This year has been characterized by blown assignments, - especially on Defense. During the time-out - Tim Davis was out on the field chewing-out the O-line for the blown play on the draw, it's comes down to exectuion, and way too often guys aren't executing the played call. It's not like NW was playing the draw, - just rushing the passer.

Learning new systems doesn't have anything to do with not being able to hit receivers or reading the field, or making bone head underhand throws.

Are you frikkin kidding me? Do you not understand the game of football? Weber underthrows him b/c he sees he's wide open by 10 yards. Bennett still walks into the end zone. I'd take that throw 100/100 times. Made it a simple catch for Bennett and a cakewalk into the endzone vs. trying to make the absolute perfect pass when there is no need for it. Weber missed some throws today but this was certainly not one of them.

Are you frikkin kidding me? Do you not understand the game of football? Weber underthrows him b/c he sees he's wide open by 10 yards. Bennett still walks into the end zone. I'd take that throw 100/100 times. Made it a simple catch for Bennett and a cakewalk into the endzone vs. trying to make the absolute perfect pass when there is no need for it. Weber missed some throws today but this was certainly not one of them.

Give me a break. It's one thing to play it safe. It's quite another thing to so severely underthrow it that the receiver almost falls down trying to come back and catch it.

Did you see Weber look at the coach and throw his hands up (wtf position) toward his coach on that failed 3rd down run. I think the players are not happy with the X's and O's and no poor clock mgmt. I do wish Weber wouldve thrown across his chest on the final 4th to the open rec 10 yds out.

True that Weber is a 5th year player but to his credit it's not like he's been learning the same system for five years. He's been basically a freshman every year learning how to run different offenses. I blame this loss as well as pretty much all the other ones solely on the defense anyways.

The mistakes Weber makes have nothing to do with the system...

The system doesn't teach you to lockdown on 1 player, overthrow receivers by 10 years, have happy feet or miss completely wide open receivers time & time again...

I'm amazed how a QB can be constantly missing wide open receivers yet have a 60+% completion rate. Oh, wait, that's because I go by what I actually see, not what I decided in advance to see.

Did you see Weber look at the coach and throw his hands up (wtf position) toward his coach on that failed 3rd down run. I think the players are not happy with the X's and O's and no poor clock mgmt. I do wish Weber wouldve thrown across his chest on the final 4th to the open rec 10 yds out.

I would bet the odds are pretty good that Weber threw up his hands because HE Changed the play at the line.

Weber didn't cost the gophers this game, but like many others games he wasn't able to win it either.

Weber is frustrating because as he seems the blitz coming on the last play of the game he rolls to the other side of the field, which is away from the "hot" receiver who didn't have a player within 10 yards of him. Maybe it is a product of being hit so many times, but I wouldn't call him cool under pressure.

Give me a break. It's one thing to play it safe. It's quite another thing to so severely underthrow it that the receiver almost falls down trying to come back and catch it.

:rolleyes:

It took Weber 3 yrs to learn to throw the ball away...thats fundamentals...nothing to do with the system...

Top Bottom