Dukie V's early top 5

No, he won't. Even if Gerald Henderson were to return, they would have a gaping hole at point guard unless Elliot Williams, Nolan Smith, or Jon Scheyer(!) make huge strides in the offseason, or they get John Wall onto campus. If Henderson leaves for the NBA (seems likely) and Wall ends up elsewhere, this could be the worst Coach K team since he had to leave for back surgery.

Duke will be a top 25 team all year, get a top 6 seed, and be top 3 in the ACC. This happens 90% of the years.

Just because the media worships Duke doesn't mean that they don't deserve to be admired. You may hate Coach K, but he is definitely one of the top coaches in all of the country. The stat's don't lie, regardless of recent "failures" (i.e. seasons that would have 95 percent of fan bases in the country ecstatic).

But, I believe I read that Singler will also be leaving, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a little step back. They've got a good class coming in with some actual size, and this is still Duke. You may dislike people like Scheyer (I know I do), but he is a good player.

Basically, I don't think they belong that high up unless every underclassmen returns. But top 10 or 15 doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

The "you's" in this weren't really directed to the two above me, but to just people in general, because I know many people feel the same about Duke as they do the Yankees, and understandably so.

Top Bottom