Duke won, wisconsin lost, and this is why?

march madness

Reaction score
Why Duke won and wisconsin lost:
1. Bo didnt give Kaminsky any rest while Okafor rested. Kaminsky was a walking zombie the last 5 minutes of the game. He couldnt show hard against guard Tyus off the pick and roll.
2. Dekker settled for 3pt shots and didn't take it to the rim. Kentucky is way more athletic than Duke and he scored over them. Wisconsin needed an aggresive Dekker as the block/charge calls were mostly called blocks by the ref's.
3. Duke found one of their 4 non starting McDonald's all americans in Allen to have a great game.
4. Tyus is a big game player. He was an afterthought in all the Okafor and Winslow media frenzie. I don't think stopping him was a Bo Ryan priority.
5. Duke outscoring the badgers 16-6 from the free throw line. Dukies getting calls, or Duke being the more aggressive team, you make the call.

I thought Jefferson did a better job covering Kaminsky which helped Duke for long stretches and kept Okafor fresh for the finish.
Duke was just better down the stretch, Jones and Grayson dominated in the second half, Wisconsin didn't have an answer for them.
Dekker was covered by Grayson quite a bit and did not post up and utilize his height advantage, he didn't have a good game.

It's called choking. We Gopher fans are very familiar which is why we recognize it so readily. The Grinch choked this one away and I couldn't be happier. Would have preferred MSU - Kentucky final, because I hate Duke, but I hate the Bucking Fadgers more...so yeah Tyus and Fu_ck Bo Ryan!

Why Duke won and wisconsin lost:
1. Bo didnt give Kaminsky any rest while Okafor rested. Kaminsky was a walking zombie the last 5 minutes of the game. He couldnt show hard against guard Tyus off the pick and roll.
2. Dekker settled for 3pt shots and didn't take it to the rim. Kentucky is way more athletic than Duke and he scored over them. Wisconsin needed an aggresive Dekker as the block/charge calls were mostly called blocks by the ref's.
3. Duke found one of their 4 non starting McDonald's all americans in Allen to have a great game.
4. Tyus is a big game player. He was an afterthought in all the Okafor and Winslow media frenzie. I don't think stopping him was a Bo Ryan priority.
5. Duke outscoring the badgers 16-6 from the free throw line. Dukies getting calls, or Duke being the more aggressive team, you make the call.

5. Duke repeatedly took the ball to the basket and got contact. Duke made their free throws. Wisconsin settled for jump shots. Wisconsin missed their free throws.

5. Duke repeatedly took the ball to the basket and got contact. Duke made their free throws. Wisconsin settled for jump shots. Wisconsin missed their free throws.

This. Duke beat Wisconsin at their own game in the second half.

Duke played great defense - not just in this game but throughout the tournament. That wore Wisconsin out - they weren't the same team at the end of the game that they were in the beginning.

Top Bottom