Duck Duck Beers Sightings

Since nobody outside of Minnesota follows Minnesota, maybe they can sneak into the Oregon Ducks stadium and make more profit without them even knowing it.

Schmidt beer was our go to when it was strictly quantity over quality. The hangovers were the worst but we never thought ahead about that.
They still make Schmidt. I saw it at Total Wine tonight. Stroh's too.

Are you sure they weren’t leftover from 20 years ago?

I didn’t know they still made it.

Last edited:

I saw some at TopTen in Chanhassen this morning. When I saw the style (American Light Lager) I had to pass. That is code for "MGD Light copycat". Life is too short to drink beer that I don't like. I'll probably pick up a twelve pack to put in the cooler to be shared at our next tailgate. But I can't see me drinking it at home.

They need to get Summit to do the something for the Gophers like their Twins Pils. At least that's somewhat decent.
1697394210311.png

I saw some at TopTen in Chanhassen this morning. When I saw the style (American Light Lager) I had to pass. That is code for "MGD Light copycat". Life is too short to drink beer that I don't like. I'll probably pick up a twelve pack to put in the cooler to be shared at our next tailgate. But I can't see me drinking it at home.

They need to get Summit to do the something for the Gophers like their Twins Pils. At least that's somewhat decent.
View attachment 27699
Agree 100%. Of the dozen or so NIL beers around the country, I belive Iowa's is the only one that's not an adjunct light lager. It's a blonde ale. Hope this changes by next year. We are beer snobs in MN

View attachment 27699
I'm drinking it now

Twins pils is better but this is tolerable. I'll be buying at HBS and mix occasional 12er in to continue support but not my go to

Best I can describe is grainbelt without the disgusting banana after taste

Are DDB at hockey and volleyball games currently? Will it be sold in Williams Arena coming up? Is the entire Gophers athletics lumped into this NIL deal or just benefiting the Football program?

I got mine at Top10 Liquors. I like it. I’m not an IPA guy. I agree it is similar to Grain Belt.

Finally got a 12 pack in the east metro. Just poured into a glass. Maybe my preconceived notions about "light" lagers got the best of me. This is actually pretty enjoyable. Will be buying again

Finally got a 12 pack in the east metro. Just poured into a glass. Maybe my preconceived notions about "light" lagers got the best of me. This is actually pretty enjoyable. Will be buying again
I tried my first ones Saturday. I can't really pinpoint a comparison but they are decent. Not great but not bad.

The can does say they are made in MN so maybe that means 3rd St.???

My first impression reminded me of Dakota Soul by Summit with more mainstream barley and hops. Whatever. It goes down very well tailgating and is priced right. I literally paid more for one tap beer in Club Cambria than a 12-pack of Duck Duck.

I tried my first ones Saturday. I can't really pinpoint a comparison but they are decent. Not great but not bad.

The can does say they are made in MN so maybe that means 3rd St.???
From the Surdyk's website: "Gray Duck Brewing and Surly Brewing have come together to make a light lager and 20% of the sales go to the U of M athletes!"

What section is this Duck beer in? I see it nowhere. Most are drinking that Truely around me.
I think it's supposed to be available at various locations around the stadium. During the Michigan game I found it at a beer tub down by the student section, maybe Section 125?

My dad single-handedly kept the Schmidt brewery in business in the 70s. We couldn't wait for him to pound down another one so we could build our collection of cans with the painted scenery on them.
Remember this one with the northern on it?...For the longest time I knew it was a northern but wondered why did the artist paint slits for eyes. Then after a while I realized the fish was turned over. Silly me, but I was just a kid! Oh, well...the eye sees what it sees and can't see anything else.

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.50.45 AM.jpg

I found 12-packs at Lexington Liquors in the N Metro.

My dad single-handedly kept the Schmidt brewery in business in the 70s. We couldn't wait for him to pound down another one so we could build our collection of cans with the painted scenery on them.
Remember this one with the northern on it?...For the longest time I knew it was a northern but wondered why did the artist paint slits for eyes. Then after a while I realized the fish was turned over. Silly me, but I was just a kid! Oh, well...the eye sees what it sees and can't see anything else.

View attachment 27984
Pure art!

After a so-so beginning to the relationship with Duck Duck... I now appreciate it as a solid tailgate beer. Just enough taste to actually taste it and light enough to pound a bunch of them.

I bought a few 12 packs at Surdyk's.

Monday, bought a 12 pack of Duck Duck at Total Wine in Coon Rapids. Bought some Gray Duck seltzer too.

Okay makes sense for surly to be brewing it. It’s got some body for being a lager with 4.5 abv. This will be my sports watching beer and can do the fancier stuff at other settings

Grabbed my second 12-pack at Top Ten in Plymouth the other day, it has become my sports beer of choice as well.

Decent flavor/body for a light beer, does what I need it to.

I’ll finally receive my 12-pack in the mail tomorrow, just in time for the ILL game 👍

I’ll finally receive my 12-pack in the mail tomorrow, just in time for the ILL game 👍
Where did you order it from? If they ship out of state, I’d like to get some.

Where did you order it from? If they ship out of state, I’d like to get some.
I had one of my fraternity bro got some and ship them to me 👍

Trust me, I wished any of them liquor store would sale them online and ship them out of state.

Contact Gray Duck, they said they have no plans to sell out of state any time soon. Claimed TOO EXPENSIVE to sale out of state.

Top Bottom