Drop Your Way-Too-Early B1G Standings Predictions HERE

USC could be scary good next year. This is assuming they can solve defensive problems and I think they made a good hire at DC. If they take care of the trench warfare, they will win a lot of games.
I’ll be caught flat-footed if they’re “scary good” this year. They still play Notre Dame in non-con. New conference with more travel and more physicality. Their defensive inadequacies were just as much a lack of physicality as they were scheme. The transfer portal was not friendly. In total 20 out, 11 in. Defense 9 out (five 4 stars), 7 in (three 4 stars).

I’ll be caught flat-footed if they’re “scary good” this year. They still play Notre Dame in non-con. New conference with more travel and more physicality. Their defensive inadequacies were just as much a lack of physicality as they were scheme. The transfer portal was not friendly. In total 20 out, 11 in. Defense 9 out (five 4 stars), 7 in (three 4 stars).
Actually, I agree with you, I think the new DC will likely solve the scheme issues. And as I said, they have to take care of the trench warfare, if they solve that problem they could be scary.

They play at Minn, at Mich, at Maryland. Sorry I know this is your board, but they could win all three of those games. Not sure anyone knows what to actually expect out of Mich next year. They don't play Ohio St or Oregon next year and they have Wisc, Penn St, Rutgers and Nebraska at home. They do have Washington in Seattle and UCLA at home.

Last edited:

Please note this is NOT a power ranking but where I think each team will end up based on talent and schedule.
Ohio St
Oregon
Michigan
Penn st
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
Northwestern
Rutgers
Washington
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan St
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
UCLA
Indiana
Dang! That's a lotta teams to climb over!

Actually, I agree with you, I think the new DC will likely solve the scheme issues. And as I said, they have to take care of the trench warfare, if they solve that problem they could be scary.

They play at Minn, at Mich, at Maryland. Sorry I know this is your board, but they could win all three of those games. Not sure anyone knows what to actually expect out of Mich next year. They don't play Ohio St or Oregon next year and they have Wisc, Penn St, Rutgers and Nebraska at home. They do have Washington in Seattle and UCLA at home.
That's fair. What do you make of USC’s home field advantage?

That's fair. What do you make of USC’s home field advantage?
When they are on a roll, it's a tough place to play. If they've struggled a bit.... not so much.... So you want to catch them when fans are doubting themselves. Of course the Ducks have sort of frustrated the condoms over the last 20 years :)

When they are on a roll, it's a tough place to play. If they've struggled a bit.... not so much.... So you want to catch them when fans are doubting themselves. Of course the Ducks have sort of frustrated the condoms over the last 20 years :)
well hopefully PJ can poke some holes in the trojans at home and make them pay the rest of the way…

Minnesota
Indiana
Ohio St.
Penn St
Michigan
Rutgers
Nebraska
Northwestern
Illinois
Michigan St
Purdue
Maryland
Oregon
Washington
USC
UCLA
Iowa
Wisconsin

I input all the data and let the computer do its thing.
Full audio of the process…

Last edited:

Minnesota
Indiana
Ohio St.
Penn St
Michigan
Rutgers
Nebraska
Northwestern
Illinois
Michigan St
Purdue
Maryland
Oregon
Washington
USC
UCLA
Iowa
Wisconsin

I input all the data and let the computer do its thing.
Full audio of the process…
it's a careful science folks 😭

I expect Washington to finish no worse than 7-5 with losses to: vs Michigan, at Iowa, vs USC, at Penn State and at Oregon. If the team has gelled they could get another win at Iowa.

Back with my way-too-late review of my 2023 preseason predictions for every game by every B1G team.

I hit on nearly 86% (145/169) of my game predictions, with a couple perfectly predicted weeks.

However, I missed on almost every major storyline, from Michigan going undefeated, to Northwestern showing new life and making a bowl. I also overestimated the west in general, which in hindsight looks even more dumb.

Looking forward to doing it all over again this summer. Looking forward to Max Brosmer having huge spring and fall camps!

Please note this is NOT a power ranking but where I think each team will end up based on talent and schedule.
Ohio St
Oregon
Michigan
Penn st
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
Northwestern
Rutgers
Washington
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan St
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
UCLA
Indiana
Wisconsin way too high. I'd move them down 6 places.

Idk man you might have it right here^^
Pretty good list but I think Illinois could be a couple notches higher and I hate to say it but Nebraska will be better.

I forget who's job it is to say "I don't see a loss on the schedule", but I will post it in the meantime. I dont see a loss on the schedule.
I think he's on Spring Break. Thanks for stepping in.
Sorry! I've been busy dissecting MaxBro's game and digging deep into who he is academically, athletically, socially, spiritually, etc. From the extensive research I've gathered, I've concluded there indeed is no loss anywhere on the 2024 schedule. Furthermore, 16-0 is a mere formality and Coach Fleck will be hoisting the crystal egg at the conclusion of the National Championship game.

As for being on spring break, I live within a half hour of both Siesta Key and St Pete Beach, I need a spring break break.

Wisconsin's Demise Has Begun 11.0
Thinking 10-2 is an insane prediction for the Badgers isn't about predicting their demise. They are coming off back to back 7-6 seasons and weren't exactly dominant in the few years before that either. So that is a pretty massive jump for a team that just barely finished over .500 the past two seasons.

I haven't paid real close attention to their off season but have they made some major changes that would make people think they are going improve that much in 2024?

Wisconsin way too high. I'd move them down 6 places.
Apologies for anyone's confusion this was my review of my 2023 preseason picks. I'll make legitimate 2024 picks sometime during fall camp.

@1983 , @FredCoxRocks, @MNVCGUY : I 100% agree. If you remember last year's strength of schedules for the Gophers vs. what the skunks had, it was night and day. This was probably the driving factor for my 10-2 pick for them.

This next year they play Bama and USC back-to-back early and then later Penn State, Iowa, & Oregon all in a row. Looking like closer to 6 wins. Hopefully, we can steal the axe back late after their grinder. Should be in a similar fashion to what happened to us this past year.

Sorry! I've been busy dissecting MaxBro's game and digging deep into who he is academically, athletically, socially, spiritually, etc. From the extensive research I've gathered, I've concluded there indeed is no loss anywhere on the 2024 schedule. Furthermore, 16-0 is a mere formality and Coach Fleck will be hoisting the crystal egg at the conclusion of the National Championship game.

As for being on spring break, I live within a half hour of both Siesta Key and St Pete Beach, I need a spring break break.
So you're hosting the Gopher national title tailgate? That's the word on the street.

Thinking 10-2 is an insane prediction for the Badgers isn't about predicting their demise. They are coming off back to back 7-6 seasons and weren't exactly dominant in the few years before that either. So that is a pretty massive jump for a team that just barely finished over .500 the past two seasons.

I haven't paid real close attention to their off season but have they made some major changes that would make people think they are going improve that much in 2024?
I'll look into any changes they've made quick, feels like it's been quiet. Still another transfer portal to go for some mix up though I don't think they're as strong as DTA.

I'll look into any changes they've made quick, feels like it's been quiet. Still another transfer portal to go for some mix up though I don't think they're as strong as DTA.
Found this...
  • Added the USC D-Coordinator as a safeties coach and a USC LB... lol
  • Lost three O Linemen in their two-deep to the portal :)
Compared to us, I like, what I see.

Tier 1
1. Penn State: 11-1 (8-1)
2. Ohio State: 11-1 (8-1)
3. Oregon: 10-2 (7-2)

Tier 2
4. Michigan: 8-4 (6-3)
5. Washington: 8-4 (5-4)
6. Minnesota: 8-4 (5-4)
7. Nebraska: 7-5 (5-4)

Tier 3
8. Michigan State: 6-6 (4-5)
9. Wisconsin: 6-6 (4-5)
10. Iowa: 6-6 (3-6)
11. Northwestern: 6-6 (3-6)
12. USC: 5-7 (3-6)
13. Illinois: 5-7 (3-6)

Tier 4
14. Purdue: 4-8 (3-6)
15. Maryland: 5-7 (2-7)
16. UCLA: 5-7 (2-7)
17. Indiana: 5-7 (2-7)
18. Rutgers: 4-8 (2-7)

Tier 1
1. Penn State: 11-1 (8-1)
2. Ohio State: 11-1 (8-1)
3. Oregon: 10-2 (7-2)

Tier 2
4. Michigan: 8-4 (6-3)
5. Washington: 8-4 (5-4)
6. Minnesota: 8-4 (5-4)
7. Nebraska: 7-5 (5-4)

Tier 3
8. Michigan State: 6-6 (4-5)
9. Wisconsin: 6-6 (4-5)
10. Iowa: 6-6 (3-6)
11. Northwestern: 6-6 (3-6)
12. USC: 5-7 (3-6)
13. Illinois: 5-7 (3-6)

Tier 4
14. Purdue: 4-8 (3-6)
15. Maryland: 5-7 (2-7)
16. UCLA: 5-7 (2-7)
17. Indiana: 5-7 (2-7)
18. Rutgers: 4-8 (2-7)
Very bold in the w, m, i rankings. I hope you are right.

Top Bottom