Drop Your Way-Too-Early B1G Standings Predictions HERE

JoeCool

Reaction score
The video that spurred this thread ->

Please note this is NOT a power ranking but where I think each team will end up based on talent and schedule.
Ohio St
Oregon
Michigan
Penn st
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
Northwestern
Rutgers
Washington
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan St
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
UCLA
Indiana

USC and Washington to low. Rutgers and Northwestern to high. Otherwise looks about right.

Idk man you might have it right here^^
I think Iowa and Northwestern are too high. USC, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois are too low. I'd probably move MSU up a slot, Rutgers down a bit. Nebraska might finish higher. Not sure UCLA is low enough with all the changes.

Raiola has problem child written all over him the way I see it. Why else would UGA push him out the door? Betting on a true freshman QB to elevate a team from the get go historically isn't a good one to begin with.

Raiola has problem child written all over him the way I see it. Why else would UGA push him out the door? Betting on a true freshman QB to elevate a team from the get go historically isn't a good one to begin with.
Their spot in the standings doesn’t have much to do with Raiola as much as it does with them having a very favorable schedule, returning the most starters in the Big Ten, and being very competitive in every game expect against Michigan last year. I am not a Nebraska lover by any means and usually get very annoyed when they are overrated every year, but this year they have a legitment shot to make waves in the Big Ten.

Their spot in the standings doesn’t have much to do with Raiola as much as it does with them having a very favorable schedule, returning the most starters in the Big Ten, and being very competitive in every game expect against Michigan last year. I am not a Nebraska lover by any means and usually get very annoyed when they are overrated every year, but this year they have a legitment shot to make waves in the Big Ten.
I just think having a true freshman QB1 isn't a recipe for success right away. Getting bowl eligible is a reasonable expectation. But suddenly being a 8+ win team doesn't seem realistic when you don't know what you have at the most important position.

Please note this is NOT a power ranking but where I think each team will end up based on talent and schedule.
Ohio St
Oregon
Michigan
Penn st
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
Northwestern
Rutgers
Washington
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan St
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
UCLA
Indiana
A pretty good "jus'the facts ma'am" ranking...my heart puts the Gophers more in the middle...but until a game or two it's a pretty solid list.

I went through every game for every B1G team, conference and non-conference.
Here’s what I came up with on a purely week-by-week basis.

Oregon 9-0, 12-0
Ohio State 8-1, 11-1
Wisconsin 8-1, 10-2
Penn State 7-2, 10-2
Iowa 7-2, 10-2
Michigan 7-2, 9-3
Rutgers 5-4, 8-4
Northwestern 4-5, 7-5
Washington 4-5, 6-6
Michigan State 4-5, 6-6
Nebraska 4-5, 6-6
USC 4-5, 5-7
Illinois 3-6, 6-6
Minnesota 2-7, 5-7
Maryland 2-7, 5-7
Purdue 2-7, 4-8
UCLA 1-8, 2-10
Indiana 0-9, 3-9

From a wider lens once I finished…

Spots I hate: Wisconsin. WTF. Michigan, likely too low. Goldy, disappointingly low.

Spots I feel good about: Penn St. Rutgers. Washington. Purdue.

Ohio St
Oregon
Michigan
Penn st
Iowa
Nebraska
USC
Northwestern
Rutgers
Washington
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan St
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
UCLA
Indiana
I'll definitely go with OSU at #1 especially after all of their monster Portal additions this year - they could win the NC in 2024. Maybe switch PSU and Michigan. The biggest ? for me is USC and if they can ever figure out how to play defense

Oregon 9-0, 12-0
Ohio State 8-1, 11-1
Wisconsin 8-1, 10-2
Penn State 7-2, 10-2
Iowa 7-2, 10-2
Michigan 7-2, 9-3
Rutgers 5-4, 8-4
Northwestern 4-5, 7-5
Washington 4-5, 6-6
Michigan State 4-5, 6-6
Nebraska 4-5, 6-6
USC 4-5, 5-7
Illinois 3-6, 6-6
Minnesota 2-7, 5-7
Maryland 2-7, 5-7
Purdue 2-7, 4-8
UCLA 1-8, 2-10
Indiana 0-9, 3-9

Spots I hate: Wisconsin. WTF. Michigan, likely too low. Goldy, disappointingly low.

That means Oregon has to beat Ohio St at home, Wisconsin and Mich on the road. Plus Washington at home. Hard to win all four of those games in one year. Additionally, that means sweeping the rest of the schedule without a hickup. This kind of prediction is way to early.

That means Oregon has to beat Ohio St at home, Wisconsin and Mich on the road. Plus Washington at home. Hard to win all four of those games in one year. Additionally, that means sweeping the rest of the schedule without a hickup. This kind of prediction is way to early.
I hear you, but Oregon with home field against OSU is huge. Both the Michigan and Wisconsin games are preceded by relative non-threat, home games in Illinois and Maryland, and Washington is an home game off a bye so it plays out pretty favorably all things considered.

I hear you, but Oregon with home field against OSU is huge. Both the Michigan and Wisconsin games are preceded by relative non-threat, home games in Illinois and Maryland, and Washington is an home game off a bye so it plays out pretty favorably all things considered.
If Oregon and Ohio St are undefeated when they meet at Autzen that will likely be a Game Day Game. Autzen will be overflowing, I think they normally are averaging 102% of capacity and I'm sure for Ohio St they'll find a way to get a few extra thousand standing room only people in Autzen. I'm pumped for this game.

The Huskies are the Huskies, that's rivalry time. We owe them, it will be a very physical game. We'll see who walks out of Autzen with a smile. Not going to be easy.

Oregon 9-0, 12-0
Ohio State 8-1, 11-1
Wisconsin 8-1, 10-2
Penn State 7-2, 10-2
Iowa 7-2, 10-2
Michigan 7-2, 9-3
Rutgers 5-4, 8-4
Northwestern 4-5, 7-5
Washington 4-5, 6-6
Michigan State 4-5, 6-6
Nebraska 4-5, 6-6
USC 4-5, 5-7
Illinois 3-6, 6-6
Minnesota 2-7, 5-7
Maryland 2-7, 5-7
Purdue 2-7, 4-8
UCLA 1-8, 2-10
Indiana 0-9, 3-9

Wisconsin 10-2 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oregon 9-0, 12-0
Ohio State 8-1, 11-1
Wisconsin 8-1, 10-2
Penn State 7-2, 10-2
Iowa 7-2, 10-2
Michigan 7-2, 9-3
Rutgers 5-4, 8-4
Northwestern 4-5, 7-5
Washington 4-5, 6-6
Michigan State 4-5, 6-6
Nebraska 4-5, 6-6
USC 4-5, 5-7
Illinois 3-6, 6-6
Minnesota 2-7, 5-7
Maryland 2-7, 5-7
Purdue 2-7, 4-8
UCLA 1-8, 2-10
Indiana 0-9, 3-9

I can't stand OSU but just don't see anyone beating them this year. Saying they're stacked and deep is an understatement. They might have a more talented roster than Georgia in 2024 especially after those Portal additions

You ‘re dreaming if you think Northwestern and Rutgers will finish ahead of Washington and USC. No way on God’s green earth will this happen.

You ‘re dreaming if you think Northwestern and Rutgers will finish ahead of Washington and USC. No way on God’s green earth will this happen.
USC could be scary good next year. This is assuming they can solve defensive problems and I think they made a good hire at DC. If they take care of the trench warfare, they will win a lot of games.

The Gophers are not going to go 2-7

But if they do, please God let the victories be Iowa and Wisconsin!

Outside the obvious UCLA, those are some prime candidates to struggle when you talk about adjustment to the B1G. Something Nebraska has been trying out for a decade-plus.

The Gophers are not going to go 2-7

But if they do, please God let the victories be Iowa and Wisconsin!
I’ve got a week 7 win @UCLA and a week 9 Huntington bank win vs. Maryland. I do like the matchup with the Hawkeyes coming up to Dinky though. We did it last time we were in Camp Randall, but I think it’s crummy luck to get the badgers in the last game every year. Not ideal ;(

Top Bottom