Driving to Madison for Neb game...what to do?

Reaction score
Next Friday we're driving down to Madison for the Husker game. My wife and I are staying with friends, so I'm sure they'll show us around on Friday night and Saturday morning.

However, since it will be my first visit (to Camp Randall and Madison), any suggestions as far as where eat/drink, things to do, places to go/avoid?

I hope to get down to State St early and find a bar to watch the Gophers game. Otherwise, I don't have any other set plans for Saturday prior to kickoff. Thoughts?

Old Fashioned. Great Dane if you can't get in the door there.

Memorial Union Terrace in the evening especially if the weather is nice.
Farmers Market at the Capital on Sat morning -- visit Framaggio on the Capital Square if you are looking for cheese. Brunch at Sardine. Walk State Street. Old Fashioned is great breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Mickies Dairy Bar for breakfast, it's right across the street from Camp Randall. Definitely walk State Street and check out the Memorial Union Terrace. On game day walk up and down Regent Street a bit. The Stadium Bar is a great place for some pregame drinks, they have a large out door area with a giant movie sized screen for the Badger game. That is where I'll be for the game.

Top Bottom