Drew Wolitarsky is the next Eric Decker.....

Jessica Alba Fan Club

Resident Patrick Bateman
Reaction score
Okay. Maybe not.

I know he's a Freshman, but are we going to see him on the field more? You have to have some talent to be California's all-time record holder in career catches and career yardage. Seems like Mitch likes throwing to him as well when he's on the field.

In other news, want to stump some friends at bar trivia?
True or False. Minnesota has beat Alabama, Oregon and Arkansas in Bowl Games in the last 20 years.
Everytime they say False. You just won a drink.

Sad.

We will see much more of Wolitarsky as the season progresses. It has seemed like freshmen start making increasing contributions, after week six, under Coach Kill. I see Wolitarsky becoming a solid receiver by the end of the year. He has the potential to be a star but needs time to develop.

He reminds me more of Ron Johnson (in style not ability (yet)).

He'll see the field a lot, he's a legitimate outside WR.

Keep in mind Decker had a redshirt year while Drew has been thrown into the fire immediately.

He's been very visible the last couple of weeks. I expect him to have a big game down the road this season.

Keep in mind Decker had a redshirt year while Drew has been thrown into the fire immediately.

He's been very visible the last couple of weeks. I expect him to have a big game down the road this season.

I don't think Decker had a redshirt year. I thought he and Adam Weber were part of the same recruiting class, but Decker played in 2006 whereas Weber redshirted.

I don't think Decker had a redshirt year. I thought he and Adam Weber were part of the same recruiting class, but Decker played in 2006 whereas Weber redshirted.

Decker redshirted. He came in with the class of 2005 but we already had Ellerson, Wheelwright, Payne, and Jakari Wallace at WR so there was no reason to burn his redshirt. He definitely would have been capable of playing as a true freshman.

You can go peak at the rosters on Gophersports.com if you don't believe me.

He reminds me more of Ron Johnson (in style not ability (yet)).

He'll see the field a lot, he's a legitimate outside WR.

I see that comparison a little more than Decker at this point, but it's really, really, really, early. Wolitarsky does seem to have very solid instincts.

Wolitarsky had a couple of receptions on Saturday. Plus he was open on a few other plays. He and Max Williams working with Leidner may cause Limegrover to move us to a much higher concentration on passing. This is an evolving team, but the O line has not met expectations adequately to run the ball well.

Top Bottom