Drew Peterson opens his recruitment, decommits from Minnesota

weird he had some many reasons it seemed to commit here and now unsure

Maybe looking to get even closer to home. Obviously a guess because this is really weird.

That stinks.

#1 - due to waiver rule, maybe trying to find a school closer to home with a better shot at waiver
#2 - since the waiver rule wont change, maybe more schools that werent interested before, are.

I think the waiver thing certainly played into this. Can't be good news for RP who now has to either figure out a way to bring him back or tell all these other guys who he said sorry about it that hey WE REALLY DID WANT YOU! Tough spot

Assuming there is no college basketball played in 2020-21, he should be good.

Come on guys, its Minnesota sports, we ALWAYS come out smelling like a rose, maybe Oturu decided with the uncertainty to come back and told RP he needed a spot. =) (OR NOT)

Quite obviously the waiver announcement.

He wants to play this year, and is going to look for a different school where that will be more likely.

Frankly, I don't think Robbins has a leg to stand on under the family hardship language. BUT, like they said in the NCAA announcement, they're asking the waiver group to be more lenient. Maybe it will go through anyway, but I'm a pessimist.

Frankly, I don't think Robbins has a leg to stand on under the family hardship language. BUT, like they said in the NCAA announcement, they're asking the waiver group to be more lenient. Maybe it will go through anyway, but I'm a pessimist.

I think they will be more lenient and I think anyone using COVID as the reason, particularly if they have family on hand, has a great case that will likely be approved. The NCAA isn't going to want the bad publicity of turning down a bunch of kids claiming they want to be closer to family members at an unprecedented time in America, especially when so many are clamoring for the one-time transfer rule anyway. As for Robbins specifically, he literally has an uncle coaching the team, a cousin playing on the team, and that entire family within minutes of campus.

Top Bottom