Dramatic Gopher

BTChamp

Reaction score
I'm watching one of the multiple replays of last year's games on youtube. This one is State Penn. One of the comments was from someone that said he spit out his coffee when he saw the Dramatic Gopher on a field goal attempt. The reply was they had been doing that since TCF opened. I had no idea. I thought last year was the first year of it. Has it been going on this whole time?

I'm watching one of the multiple replays of last year's games on youtube. This one is State Penn. One of the comments was from someone that said he spit out his coffee when he saw the Dramatic Gopher on a field goal attempt. The reply was they had been doing that since TCF opened. I had no idea. I thought last year was the first year of it. Has it been going on this whole time?
Yes, it has.

You really only notice it if you pay close attention on TV or are at the games.
I was at the home Northwestern game back in maybe 2012-ish. Back from an overseas project. Drunk, double fisting beers and standing in an open area because I could get to the pisser faster. The big screen was at the other end, and it actually offered a better view for me than looking at the field. I never noticed the Gopher.

1589380589874.png

I was at the home Northwestern game back in maybe 2012-ish. Back from an overseas project. Drunk, double fisting beers and standing in an open area because I could get to the pisser faster. The big screen was at the other end, and it actually offered a better view for me than looking at the field. I never noticed the Gopher.

View attachment 7996

Well that and the other team has to kick a FG towards that end ... otherwise they don't play the video. It's very possible to have a game where they don't play the video.

From 2013 against Wisconsin. The article says they were going to start doing this in conference play, but that none of our opponents had kicked a field goal toward that endzone until Wisconsin.

Well that and the other team has to kick a FG towards that end ... otherwise they don't play the video. It's very possible to have a game where they don't play the video.
That explains it. All they did was score touchdowns. Or was that Chris Carter?

This is one of my favorite "bits." I hope it is a long-standing tradition.

Dramatic Gopher is causing opponents to miss FG's!

They've done studies you know. Sixty percent of the time it works every time.

Hate to burst your bubble but I think you might be getting your studies mixed up :)

Hate to burst your bubble but I think you might be getting your studies mixed up :)

It smells like Bigfoot's dick! That is out of nowhere and makes me laugh 60% of the time,but only 100% of the time.

Top Bottom