Drake Lindsey’s Grandfather.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that Drake Lindsey is a QB recruit for the Gophers.

Thanks. So there are some ties to MN. (I'm assuming he's an out-of-state 2024 recruit.)

Btw, hope you got the sarcasm above. I don't recall seeing you post much, so hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

I guess I assumed people would have seen his name before if they spend much time on Gopherhole. I guess I was wrong. Yes, he’s a 2024 recruit from Arkansas.

I guess I assumed people would have seen his name before if they spend much time on Gopherhole. I guess I was wrong. Yes, he’s a 2024 recruit from Arkansas.
He just showed up on the radar recently with the Philo decommitment so I can understand why some have not yet heard his name mentioned.

I remember Jim Lindsay with the Vikings like other old timers on this board. From what little I remember, he played hard, practice hard and was a good guy to have around.

I remember Jim Lindsay with the Vikings like other old timers on this board. From what little I remember, he played hard, practice hard and was a good guy to have around.

As I recall, he was a situational running back and usually played well at that position when called on, but the main thing I remember was him being a special teams standout. I think Bud may have made him special teams captain. I'll check the web to confirm.

This says he was captain (which seems correct by my recollection). It also says he "led" the team to the "title". Well, the Vikings won the 1969 NFL championship, and then lost to the AFL champion Chiefs in the Super Bowl. I think you can say Lindsey led the special teams. Apparently a documentary film has been made about him, featuring his football and business success.

Yeah, a thread title should be like a headline. You'll figure it out.

I remember at one time we had four threads going at once called something to the effect of "Bateman" "Rashod Bateman" "WR Bateman" and "Bateman catch".

Made my eye burn.

This says he was captain (which seems correct by my recollection). It also says he "led" the team to the "title". Well, the Vikings won the 1969 NFL championship, and then lost to the AFL champion Chiefs in the Super Bowl. I think you can say Lindsey led the special teams. Apparently a documentary film has been made about him, featuring his football and business success.

The Vikings won the NFL title in 1970. In 1971, the Super Bowl NFL became the NFL title. Before that, it was not. The Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions have each won four NFL titles.

The Vikings won the NFL title in 1970. In 1971, the Super Bowl NFL became the NFL title. Before that, it was not. The Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions have each won four NFL titles.

The Vikings won the NFL title for the 1969 season in 1970, because the title game vs. the Cleveland Browns at Metropolitan Stadium (which I attended) was played in January, 1970.

It is referred to as the 1969 NFL Championship because the Vikings were the champions of the 1969 season. They were NFL Champions, the last year before the merger with the AFL.

I really have no idea what relevance the Browns and Lions titles have to my post, which you quoted.

For your reference:

who won the 1969 nfl championship

Top Bottom