Draft Terrell Sinkfield

How could the Gophers or any D1 team miss on a kid with that kind of speed? He would have been D1 if he was 4.33....He has also has a Pro Day coming up at UNI on March 27th - interested to see what he runs.

He may have speed, but he isn't that good of a football player. Fairly mediocre career at UNI. A total of 494 yds receiving his senior year, 11.5 yds/reception? Hold me back, I am so excited.

Gophers didn't miss out on this kid.

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/uni.htm

What did he do in HS track? Curious.

See 100 times thread, but 10.89 his junior year, 10.9 his senior year were his best, over 11 for most of both seasons. Obviously a fast starter/shorter burst guy.
As already said, not much of a college career though against FCS competition.

Yes, he really missed out on a guy who never had more than 500 yards receiving in a season against worse competition. He averaged 2.2 receptions per game and 32 yards from sophomore to senior. We also really missed on his 14.3 yards a return on 3 kickoffs.

Not sure if he showed that kind of speed at UNI but if he did, you'd think he'd have a lot better numbers than he had. I'm happy for the kid and hopefully he gets a chance at the next level, but lets not act like he's had a stellar career in the FCS.

Yes, he really missed out on a guy who never had more than 500 yards receiving in a season against worse competition. He averaged 2.2 receptions per game and 32 yards from sophomore to senior. We also really missed on his 14.3 yards a return on 3 kickoffs.

Not sure if he showed that kind of speed at UNI but if he did, you'd think he'd have a lot better numbers than he had. I'm happy for the kid and hopefully he gets a chance at the next level, but lets not act like he's had a stellar career in the FCS.

What kind of offense did they run at NI?

Who was his QB and was he any good?

I will agree he is raw as hell and wasn't very productive.
I will also point out a walk-on was our best WR last season and the non Minnesotans on scholarship couldn’t run that fast if you shortened it to 30 yards....so why did we go out of state?

Sinkfield's HS grades sure didn't help.

True but Gray and a whole bunch of current gophers weren't rocket scientists coming out either. If they wanted him they could have gotten him in.....especially with him being a Minnesota kid.

"Yes, he really missed out on a guy who never had more than 500 yards receiving in a season against worse competition. He averaged 2.2 receptions per game and 32 yards from sophomore to senior. We also really missed on his 14.3 yards a return on 3 kickoffs.

Not sure if he showed that kind of speed at UNI but if he did, you'd think he'd have a lot better numbers than he had. I'm happy for the kid and hopefully he gets a chance at the next level, but lets not act like he's had a stellar career in the FCS. "

Youre right, at least they got Bryant Allen, Hayo Carpenter, Victor Keise and something called Nick Rangel....those three where hella productive!

Youre right, at least they got Bryant Allen, Hayo Carpenter, Victor Keise and something called Nick Rangel....those three where hella productive!

GHers seem to be having trouble counting today, similar thing happened on the basketball board earlier today.

What kind of offense did they run at NI?

Who was his QB and was he any good?

I will agree he is raw as hell and wasn't very productive.
I will also point out a walk-on was our best WR last season and the non Minnesotans on scholarship couldn’t run that fast if you shortened it to 30 yards....so why did we go out of state?

Oh, I agree that all those things could have very well been factors. I just don't think that just because he ran an impressive 40 time after his college career is over, that means the Gophers automatically missed on him.

I just find it odd that if he really was that fast, then why they didn't try and get him the ball more often. Bubble screens, end-arounds, kick and punt returns, etc. Most would consider Brandon Green's career as pretty underwhelming (mostly due to injuries), yet he had just as many touches in his career as Sinkfield against much tougher competition.

Who knows, maybe UNI didn't use him right. Or maybe his speed/skills don't translate very well to the field.

Another thing that should be pointed out is that in preparation for this combines and pro-days guys drop weight and focus on 40 times because everyone gets their undies in a bundle about 40 times. Maybe he could have been a productive player for us and maybe not.

First of all, Bryant Allen produced more in his freshman and sophomore seasons (only two years he played football) compared to Sinkfield's first two years and that was playing in the Big Ten.

Secondly, I never said he couldn't have been a productive player for the Gophers. I just don't think his average career at a lower level proves he would have been productive as a Gopher. There's just as good of a chance he could have been no better than the guys you listed so to say we missed on him is ridiculous in my opinion.

Thirdly, there's an extremely high chance that the time is not correct and/or his speed just doesn't translate to the field. How can a guy be record breakingly fast yet only average 11.6 yards a reception and doesn't get a chance to return kicks/punts against mainly FCS opponents? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Wasn't he a running back in high school? Why wasn't he a rb at northern iowa?

Top Bottom