Dpodoll’s whereabouts?

Daniel Faalele is definitely 400 lbs and Deven Eastern is also 6'5".
Where is Mike Morris when you need him. I have no idea how big those 2 are unless they’re standing just in front and a little to the right of Mike.

DPO took a Disney cruise recently. Bucket list thing. Drifting around Grenada, last I heard. DPO was temporarily put in a lifeboat after getting into a loud argument with the children’s program director on the origin of The “It’s a Small World“ Ride resulting in the cancellation of the evening theater production. The dispute originated with Dpo’s refusal to back down on his assertion the ride was originally assembled in Burbank, CA rather than premiering at the the 1964 World’s Fair in New York.

I enjoyed him. He made pissing matches here so much more fun.

Reactions: Go4

Firing Clem, who got us to the Final Four, was the dumbest thing the U ever did. Who cares if Ganglehoff wrote those papers?

Reactions: Go4

According to his profile, his last post was a week ago today and he was last seen on the board at 2:30pm today.
He's on here all the time. That hasn't changed.

He just doesn't post much.

He'll pop in very occasionally now, to make a pedantic point about some typo or minor mistake that someone makes.

Firing Clem, who got us to the Final Four, was the dumbest thing the U ever did. Who cares if Ganglehoff wrote those papers?
Firing Clem was clearly the best thing that happen. What kind of quality education did the players get for a life time career? Clem absolutely promoted cheating among his players. What kind of a message does that send?

I'm hoping you're just being sarcastic.

DPO took a Disney cruise recently. Bucket list thing. Drifting around Grenada, last I heard. DPO was temporarily put in a lifeboat after getting into a loud argument with the children’s program director on the origin of The “It’s a Small World“ Ride resulting in the cancellation of the evening theater production. The dispute originated with Dpo’s refusal to back down on his assertion the ride was originally assembled in Burbank, CA rather than premiering at the the 1964 World’s Fair in New York.
You should not have capitalized the words “the” or “ride” on either end of “It’s a Small World”. If he was here, he would have pointed that out to you.

in all seriousness, there are times when I will come here and read posts, but I just don't feel like posting because I don't want to get involved in any of the stupid arguments or p*ssing matches. the OTB has been in hyper-drive with a toxic combination of virus and election year insanity.

I think we're all on edge these days. It would be great if we could just go back to debating things like who should start at safety and why the Gophers don't throw more passes to the TE's.

Hopefully that is all this is - that DPO is taking a break. I don't always agree with him, but he does add something to the board.

in all seriousness, there are times when I will come here and read posts, but I just don't feel like posting because I don't want to get involved in any of the stupid arguments or p*ssing matches. the OTB has been in hyper-drive with a toxic combination of virus and election year insanity.

I think we're all on edge these days. It would be great if we could just go back to debating things like who should start at safety and why the Gophers don't throw more passes to the TE's.

Hopefully that is all this is - that DPO is taking a break. I don't always agree with him, but he does add something to the board.
That's just the thing one of THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE would say....

I work with a real charismatic and energetic guy based in our Denver office. He does not like to brag too much about his stellar safety play for the Fighting Sioux, but he was like the Fred Krause of Fargo back in the 70s, plus still has a hell of a moustache. He sure likes to talk, ya know.

This leader of young men pretty much can recruit any new employee into our company at will, even up against those big city types from out east. He has some funny ideas about using a helicopter to impress new hires, wearing cowboy hats and speaking in a fake Texas accent once in a while, but we let that go. Winners are winners.

Aside from the moustache and cliche spewing, he was a football HC at a Denver high school for a minute before being reassigned.

I know a lot of big shots at CU- Boulder. I am surprised they did not hire this guy, right under their nose, after Clem Tucker fled to East Lansing MIchigan. They probably could have had him for 85,000 per year, plus the helicopter rides. (plus Jersey style cowboy boots and hats)
Did Fred Krause play with Paul Cox?

Yes he did, from 1968 to 1977.

Two women watching a Vikings game in the 70's.

"Edna, have you figured out what football is all about?" "Agnes, as far as I can tell - when Cox goes in Siemon comes out"

"Edna, have you figured out what football is all about?" "Agnes, as far as I can tell - when Cox goes in Siemon comes out"

That reminds me. The Vikings were taking a bus back from Green Bay after a game and Fred Cox had some business in Milwaukee, so he decided to rent a car and drive back on his own. The Vikngs' bus broke down near Wausau and the team needed to find a place to stay. Coach Grant went into a motel to see about room availability.

"How many people need to be be put up?" asked the desk clerk.

Bud replied, "Well, I've got 39 guys without Cox."

All in less than 40 seconds, in some cases

I heard he had a complete mental breakdown. For a split second he questioned whether his opinion on a subject was correct. Went completely bonkers.

I know it is a joke, but in what football scenario would Jeff Siemen come out, and Fred Cox go in? If our defense stopped them, why would we bring our kicker? :unsure:

I know it is a joke, but in what football scenario would Jeff Siemen come out, and Fred Cox go in? If our defense stopped them, why would we bring our kicker? :unsure:

Cox goes in to kick the extra point/field goal/kickoff. Then Siemen comes out to play defense. Cox has to go in before Siemen comes out, otherwise not good.

Details, details.......Okay - Siemen was on defense when they blocked a punt attempt as time was running out in the first half. There was one second left when the ball was recovered by the Vikings on the opposing teams 20 yard line. Bud Grant trotted out Fred Cox to kick the field goal before the half. As Cox came in, Siemen came out. THERE, FIXED!

Details, details.......Okay - Siemen was on defense when they blocked a punt attempt as time was running out in the first half. There was one second left when the ball was recovered by the Vikings on the opposing teams 20 yard line. Bud Grant trotted out Fred Cox to kick the field goal before the half. As Cox came in, Siemen came out. THERE, FIXED!
I knew there had to be an example, thanks!

Top Bottom