Doogie's Article - Rewritten

GopherHomer -- I think we need to wait on the latest Leach incident, which is the one that will likely linger for a long time. Let's wait and see what really took place.
As for players, the only one I've had a serious issue with is Whaley ... wrestling with a cop into Hennepin Ave. and striking an officer more than once was just a bit much for me.
As for a few others, I might've agreed with a 1 game suspension, like I can bet many coaches in the country would've done.

Not to be a hijacker, but what exactly is there to wait for on the Leach deal? Am I missing something? I don't believe Leach has refuted (or even attempted to refute) the allegations. His attorney, in a TV interview and tour, showed the shed (said it was really a garage). Showed the media room (but not the electrical closet) and said that there was not a guard at the door -- just three trainers. The trainer that supposedly o.k.ed (according to Leach) the "treatment" has come out and said it was inappropriate. What else is there?

One trainer sided with Leach http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2418935/posts ... and Leach has said (NY Times or ESPN, can't remember) that he simply instructed Adam to be placed somewhere without light. The trainer you are eluding to, is that the same trainer I am? If so, is it possible he changed his stance to maintain his $65,000 or so job? Or is it a different trainer?

Trainer and team physician have said they did what James said and recanted their earlier statements. They showed this, their statements, during the TT/MSU game.

One trainer sided with Leach http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2418935/posts ... and Leach has said (NY Times or ESPN, can't remember) that he simply instructed Adam to be placed somewhere without light. The trainer you are eluding to, is that the same trainer I am? If so, is it possible he changed his stance to maintain his $65,000 or so job? Or is it a different trainer?

Same guy. He was quoted in an SI story days ago that the "treatment" was "inappropriate" (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/wires/01/02/2060.ap.fbc.texas.tech.leach.3rd.ld.writethru.0729/index.html). Apparently, the statements were made in an affidavit.

Maybe, after some soul searching & not a coach breathing down their neck, that they thought it was more ethical, especially the physician, to recant their statements?

Trainer and team physician have said they did what James said and recanted their earlier statements. They showed this, their statements, during the TT/MSU game.

Texas Tech officials said that this incident "was only one of many". By itself, it appears overblown. Maybe Leach is right, maybe they are just tired of dealing with him and they didn't want to spend the money; is $800,000 about right?

The other issue is one that Leach supporters keep wanting to avoid, in much the same way that Knight supporters wanted to focus on the "choking incident" rather then Bobby throwing a plant at the secretary or telling his boss to "get the f%&k out of my locker room!"

When Leach was informed about the Bowl Game suspension he didn't contact anybody in charge to explain his side or fight the suspension, he contacted a lawyer and sued Texas Tech. That alone would get a lot of Americans "shown the door".

Sure, somebody will hire Leach and maybe it will work out. He put up the right numbers at Texas Tech. Or it could be like the NBA where people kept giving guys like Sprewell, Cassell, Randolph, Larry Brown or Don Nelson chances. They all look like a good thing unless you're the one having to pay for and deal with them.

There are now players saying that James' incident wasn't an isolated incident... That it took the courage of James to come forward. Smoke = Fire.

GG - didnt read or even see what GL wrote in her plea. it wont make me change my mind at all. it also wont make me take anything back as far as certain people being idiots. sorry. that is how it is.

BTW - i read the comments from the trainer and he said that Jones wasn't treated inappropriate but that Leach got upset with Jones when the player showed up for practices with shades on and that seemed to irk Leach and told the trainer to get him out of his sight and to put James in an area with no light

Top Bottom