Doogie's Article - Rewritten

MBAGuy

Needs something to cheer about
Reaction score
OK, right or wrong, I took umbrage with the tone used by Doogie in his blog on the Strib Web site today. It kind of bugged me all day, so when I got home from work, I looked at it again and wondered if I could convey a message similar to Doogie's, without all the hyperbole.

So here's what I came up with. I used his article as a starting point. The paragraphs with KEEP next to them are his words with I had no issue with. Those with DOOGIE next to them are Doogie's words from his blog. Immediately following those are paragraphs with MY EDIT next to them, which are my modifications to Doogie's blog.

I apologize if this is in bad taste, but it seems to me one should be able to express a negative opinion of the program without overly resorting to pithy statements like "A boring and losing brand of football would assuredly be avoided. The same can't be said about the Brewster brand."

__________________________-
KEEP: Rose Bowl TV analyst Kirk Herbstreit, as Ohio State pondered whether to go for it on 4th-and-1 from Oregon's 14-yard line in the first half, stated "If the Buckeyes are playing Indiana or Minnesota, they kick the field goal. I say this because (Jim) Tressel has such high respect for the Ducks offense."

DOOGIE: Indiana should feel offended by Herbstreit's comment. They finished the season 38 spots ahead of the Gophers in total offense nationally (72nd vs. 110th). At Minnesota, we saw offensive ineptitude this season that will be hard to replicate ... ever.

MY EDIT: Such criticisms, while difficult to stomach, adequately express the Gopher’s difficulties on offense this year.

KEEP: While offenses are supposed to be showing improvement late in a season, the Gophers managed to score just one offensive touchdown in their final 43 possessions. They also failed to score an offensive touchdown in 20 of their last 28 quarters.

DOOGIE: In three of their games, they scored just one offensive touchdown -- the one vs. Ohio State came against their second and third-stringers in garbage time -- and in three others failed to score any.

MY EDIT: In three of their games, the Gophers scored just one offensive touchdown – against Ohio State, in which Marqueis Gray led the team, largely against the Buckeye’s backups -- and in three others failed to score any.

DOOGIE: Those 15 extra bowl practices, which head coach Tim Brewster cited almost as often as he uses the word "tremendous" leading into the New Year's Eve debacle versus Iowa State, worked out well (sense my sarcasm).

MY EDIT: Despite Tim Brewster’s assurances the 15 extra practices earned through bowl eligibility would provide opportunity for the offense to address its woes, the Gophers again failed to establish an identity while in possession of the ball against Iowa State on New Year’s Eve.

KEEP: Entering the game, the Cyclones were 99th nationally in total defense (414 yards per game) and 112th in sacks (1.17 per game).

DOOGIE: Yet, the Gophers scored a grand total of 13 points. Sorry Kent Youngblood, but any scoring drive, even one for 99 yards, against that defense, could not be called a "drive for the ages."

MY EDIT: In spite of a breakout game for redshirt freshman Dajon McKnight, in which he had 7 receptions for 124 yards, the Gophers could only muster 13 points. The key stat in the game, again reflecting Minnesota’s offensive issues, was their 2 -12 third down conversion rate.

KEEP: I have received this question in a few different forums since the Gophers' loss: What would a successful 2010 Gophers season be to you?

KEEP: Answer: A Brewster win in a trophy game (0-9), a bowl game (0-2), a November conference game (0-9), or a win against a ranked opponent (0-8) would be a good start. I would also would like to see better use of timeouts, less mass confusion with the offensive hand signals, and not leading the conference in penalties for a third straight year.

DOOGIE: I don't believe that significant strides will be made in those areas. In other words, 2010 could be it for Brewster. In looking at their schedule, they play nine bowl-eligible teams from this season. Even with three of their four toughest conference opponents at home, it seems like five wins maximum; therefore, no meaningless bowl invitation, less fans showing up at "The Bank," and an uproar for a coaching change.

MY EDIT: I don't believe that significant strides will be made in those areas. In other words, 2010 could be it for Brewster. In looking at their schedule, they play nine bowl-eligible teams from this season. Even with three of their four toughest conference opponents at home, it seems like five wins maximum; therefore, a bowl invitation seems unlikely, less fans showing up at "The Bank," and potentially increased pressure on the athletic department for a coaching change.

DOOGIE: His soon-to-be announced contract extension will mean nothing. I think that most recruits and their parents will see right through it. If Brewster's buyout changes at all, it will do so only minimally. Thus, if boosters want to buy him out after next season, it can happen.

MY EDIT: It remains to be seen whether his soon-to-be-announced extension will positively affect Brewster’s abilities as a recruiter. Given the team’s performance during his three-year tenure, it is unlikely the minimal buyout present in his current contract will be significantly increased with an extension. Thus, if boosters want to buy him out after next season, it can happen.

DOOGIE: Athletic director Joel Maturi, as nice an administrator as we have in this town, will have to defend the decision publicly. I can't imagine that too many fans, even if it is just window dressing, think Brewster deserves any sort of extension with two years remaining on his deal.

MY EDIT: Athletic director Joel Maturi, as nice an administrator as we have in this town, will have to defend the extension publicly. While many will perceive it as window dressing so as not to handicap Brewster’s recruiting, others will find it difficult to justify given the relative lack of progress.

KEEP: We've been told numerous times that former coach Glen Mason's accomplishments weren't good enough. However, according to the highly complicated, but well-respected Jeff Sagarin USA Today ratings, Brewster's final ranking in his first three years were all worse than Mason's last three years.

2004: 38th
2005: 27th
2006: 48th

2007: 123rd
2008: 75th
2009: 64th
2010: ??

DOOGIE: 2011: With recently dismissed Texas Tech coach Mike Leach in charge? He'll coach again somewhere. Whether this administration would have the guts to hand him the keys to its program is another matter. Let the talk begin. A boring and losing brand of football would assuredly be avoided. The same can't be said about the Brewster brand.

MY EDIT: 2011: With recently dismissed Texas Tech coach Mike Leach in charge? He'll coach again somewhere. Whether his actions will be exonerated to such an extent that Maturi and company would be willing to hire him, to say nothing of the funds required from boosters to pay for his services, are another matter . Let the talk begin.

mostly it would be good to have some perspective in the arguments. It's just so poorly thought out it's almost embarassing to think these are professionals writing this crap.

Just rehashing Doogies negativity and spinning it your way means nothing. The point is Doogie only points out negatives and does not fairly tel both sides of the story. Will you?

Doogie Style

Just rehashing Doogies negativity and spinning it your way means nothing. The point is Doogie only points out negatives and does not fairly tel both sides of the story. Will you?

Hey, that's why we call his blog "The Doogie's Dog *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# Pile."

What side are you looking for? I think the changes would make for a nice recap article, but it is no longer really an opinion column because MBA Guy just stuck to the facts. If that is all you want stick to Kent Youngblood, he does a nice job.

It isn't Doogie, Reusee, or anybody else's job to pump up the Gopher program no matter what is happening. Sometimes the cheap shots are funny, other times they are not. I personally liked the line about it being an insult to Indiana and found myself nodding as I read the article. I know it is difficult for the die-hard fans to accept, but I'm guessing more casual fans enjoy that article than think it is below the belt.

At the end of the day, I would hate it if the negative columnists were gone because it would give any the coach the opportunity to do and say whatever he wants without public criticism. The only people that care about message boards and comments sections are the people that read them, so we still need columnists.

Brew gets paid a lot of money and talks a big game. I personally like that, but I also think it is ok to rip him when the team falls way short. Keep it up Doogie. Most of the guys on this board just have a chip on their shoulder b/c their favorite team is mediocre. I liked Brew a lot when he got here because he wanted to push the program to a next level. I still want the team to get to that level, but I don't feel like Brewster is the only guy that can do it. Everybody needs to moniter his progress, and if progress isn't made he needs to go.

I think you could be funny, truthful and draw logical conclusions.

My favorite part of Doogie's article is his assertion that "teams offenses start to gel more in the end of the year." Be honest Doogie, that is purely and 100% your own theory, right?

Avg. points/game per team in Big 10 play:
Wk#4- 25.7
Wk#5- 24.6
Wk#6- 25.6
Wk#7- 18.3
Wk#8- 21.3
Wk#9- 27.9
Wk#10- 25.8
Wk#11- 28.5
Wk#12- 22.2

Essentially there is no statistical trend for offenses to improve towards the end of Big 10 play. However, journalists who are bias will make up their own little theories and sprinkle them throughout their articles. Journalistic gimmicks like these are dishonest because they go towards persuading the casual fan into thinking something that isn't reality. Most of us, who actually follow college football, can sort through the BS but a large portion of the people who read your article will not be able to.

What side are you looking for? I think the changes would make for a nice recap article, but it is no longer really an opinion column because MBA Guy just stuck to the facts. If that is all you want stick to Kent Youngblood, he does a nice job.

It isn't Doogie, Reusee, or anybody else's job to pump up the Gopher program no matter what is happening. Sometimes the cheap shots are funny, other times they are not. I personally liked the line about it being an insult to Indiana and found myself nodding as I read the article. I know it is difficult for the die-hard fans to accept, but I'm guessing more casual fans enjoy that article than think it is below the belt.

At the end of the day, I would hate it if the negative columnists were gone because it would give any the coach the opportunity to do and say whatever he wants without public criticism. The only people that care about message boards and comments sections are the people that read them, so we still need columnists.

Brew gets paid a lot of money and talks a big game. I personally like that, but I also think it is ok to rip him when the team falls way short. Keep it up Doogie. Most of the guys on this board just have a chip on their shoulder b/c their favorite team is mediocre. I liked Brew a lot when he got here because he wanted to push the program to a next level. I still want the team to get to that level, but I don't feel like Brewster is the only guy that can do it. Everybody needs to moniter his progress, and if progress isn't made he needs to go.

Never said he should pump up the program. On the contrary, I said he should be fair. People on the national level will tell you that firing a coach after 40 years of mediocrity after 3 years is stupid, dumb, and kneejerk. Especially a coach that can recruit. Whether you believe that or not, a one-sided article is unfair and shows Doogie's bias which he will not admit.

Look at the response a negative article receives relative to a positive article, then tell me why local columnists should change what they are doing.

Bob -- Your takes are often intelligent, but what you have quoted above is not what I wrote ... here is what I wrote: While offenses are supposed to be showing improvement late in a season

still, I will get the numbers to back up the theory ... you sight this year's Big 10 ... I will attempt to look at other conferences and previous Big Ten years ... there will always be an example or two to refute almost every take.

MBA Guy....I thought your rewrite was great and it is exactly the way I feel. I have no problem with media types being negative towards the Gophers but....they/some way too often sound so glee-full in doing so and do not express the whole story. Great job. I hope Ruesse(who I feel is actually a very good writer) is listening because his hatred for Brew is so apparent. If he would just come clean and qualify his comments I could handle it.

Thanks again.

Bob -- Your takes are often intelligent, but what you have quoted above is not what I wrote ... here is what I wrote: While offenses are supposed to be showing improvement late in a season

still, I will get the numbers to back up the theory ... you sight this year's Big 10 ... I will attempt to look at other conferences and previous Big Ten years ... there will always be an example or two to refute almost every take.

We are in the Big 10, so I would think your takes on MN should be in comparison to the Big 10. I am sure you will be able to find years when teams scored more at the end of the season than the begining and vice versa (I think both scenarios are merely anamolies). My point is that there isn't any statistical date to show that offenses improve or get worse as the season goes on.

Doogie--How confident are you in your "fact" that we led the Big Ten in penalties every year that Brewster has been here? Are you refering to total penalties, penalties/game, penalty yardage?

Hint: It doesn't matter which stat you meant because this year alone we didn't lead in any of those statistics?

Total Penalties: Michigan State 83 > Minnesota 80
Penalties/Game: Illinois 6.5 > Michigan State 6.4 > Minnesota 6.2
Penalty Yardage: Illinois 734 yds > Michigan State 720 yds > Minnesota 678 yds

This is the second time I've read one of your Gopher articles and you are 2 for 2 on failing to correctly state facts/statistics (wins vs. bowl teams was the last error). I'm sure there are more mistakes in this article but I only bother with things I know you're wrong about before gathering the data to show you you're wrong.

Your new motto should be "I never let facts get in the way of a good story" because your fact checking sucks. If you're going to write crap like this at least get your information correct because it makes you look like a novice.

I think improvement in this context suggests that as the season progresses offenses should not consistently be making the same mistakes and struggling with the same problems every week. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect such improvements, and I didn't see our offense make these improvements.

I think improvement in this context suggests that as the season progresses offenses should not consistently be making the same mistakes and struggling with the same problems every week. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect such improvements, and I didn't see our offense make these improvements.

I don't think it is an unreasonable thing to hope for but it certainly isn't something that should be expected. Most teams are what they are by the time the Big 10 season comes along. Most of the kinks are worked out by then and any kinks that still need to be worked out are usually offset by the improvement in the defenses that they are facing (as well as more film to scout). The idea that offenses should and do improve throughout the Big 10 season sounds good, but it isn't the reality.

With due respect, there's plenty of opinion still in there; I simply removed the hyperbole and the dramatic, over-the-top language.

Words such as "ineptitude," "garbage time," and "debacle" carry connotations that aren't necessary to convey an opinion. They're used to sensationalize rather than expound upon something.

It's disconcerting to think that one must resort to language like this so as not to be seen as just "sticking to the facts."

Doogie's position on Brewster is well established so none of this surprised me. The only angering part was that he advocated for the hiring of Mike Leach. Nobody has been as vocal about the legal problems of players and how Brewster has been too soft than Doogie. He has criticized and quoted people on this board for wanting players to be on the field if they haven't broken any NCAA rules. Why doesn't he have the same standards for coaches. Leach has committed an act far worse than any of our players. I think Doogie should look in the mirror and figure out why he saves his hate for certain situations.

Anyone disagreeing with Doogie can do so by first stating, "I think Doogie deserves another article", before you rip him. That way you can go on record that you still support him, and it is not an attack anymore.

My favorite part of Doogie's article is his assertion that "teams offenses start to gel more in the end of the year." Be honest Doogie, that is purely and 100% your own theory, right?

Avg. points/game per team in Big 10 play:
Wk#4- 25.7
Wk#5- 24.6
Wk#6- 25.6
Wk#7- 18.3
Wk#8- 21.3
Wk#9- 27.9
Wk#10- 25.8
Wk#11- 28.5
Wk#12- 22.2

Essentially there is no statistical trend for offenses to improve towards the end of Big 10 play. However, journalists who are bias will make up their own little theories and sprinkle them throughout their articles. Journalistic gimmicks like these are dishonest because they go towards persuading the casual fan into thinking something that isn't reality. Most of us, who actually follow college football, can sort through the BS but a large portion of the people who read your article will not be able to.
What time period does this data encompass? 5 years? 10 years? 15+ years? I'm going to guess JUST 2009, which renders it meaningless for a number of resons. lol

Yep, you'll do all the research and find the stats and info to "refute almost every take. We all, even the monikered ones (including Mr. Allen) believe that. What we also all believe is that any information that proves you wrong will be completely ignored.

You have your forum and you've decided that Brewster must go, an understandable position for sure. You want a new big name Coach, no worries about pay, how they'd recruit up here or if they have any of the same off-field baggage that you've railed against Brewster for.

Much like the Governor candidates who don't want the Vikings to leave, but don't want to pay for a new stadium. As long as you get to ignore the money and "issues", problems are easy to solve!:)

All understood. Now Darren, don't get so damn pissy if people point out your shortcomings, particularly if they include gossip and innuendo, they same way you delight in pointing out Brewster's.

Hell, I had very little problem with your conclusions, it's the celebrity gossip "style points" that seem to be the main irritations. But of course, your a columnist, not a journalist. Stirring things up is all it's about and those certainly help.

Doogie--How confident are you in your "fact" that we led the Big Ten in penalties every year that Brewster has been here? Are you refering to total penalties, penalties/game, penalty yardage?

Hint: It doesn't matter which stat you meant because this year alone we didn't lead in any of those statistics?

This is the second time I've read one of your Gopher articles and you are 2 for 2 on failing to correctly state facts/statistics (wins vs. bowl teams was the last error). I'm sure there are more mistakes in this article but I only bother with things I know you're wrong about before gathering the data to show you you're wrong.

Your new motto should be "I never let facts get in the way of a good story" because your fact checking sucks. If you're going to write crap like this at least get your information correct because it makes you look like a novice.

If I were referencing yards, would've noted that ... when I say penalties, it should be presumed that it's in total ... Article was written pre the MSU-T. Tech game ... not sure when it got posted, but MSU had 5 penalties in that game, so moved three spots ahead of the Gophers, who did a nice job in that area vs. ISU.

With due respect, there's plenty of opinion still in there; I simply removed the hyperbole and the dramatic, over-the-top language.

Words such as "ineptitude," "garbage time," and "debacle" carry connotations that aren't necessary to convey an opinion. They're used to sensationalize rather than expound upon something.

It's disconcerting to think that one must resort to language like this so as not to be seen as just "sticking to the facts."

When I looked at your edits again, I saw the stuff you left in regarding a successful season that I may have overlooked.

I guess I don't mind some of the sensationalizing (if you want to call it that) when it comes to describing the offense's problems because it was so terrible the second half of the season. As a fan, I'll tend to use some pretty colorful language to describe my Saturday if I was at a Gopher game where the offense couldn't score a TD, so I don't fault a columnist for doing the same thing. The TD against OSU was great because we finally got to see what Gray can do, but it absolutely was in garbage time as OSU had put in their reserves and they were no longer concerned with the outcome. I'm not sure that is unfair.

Doogie's position on Brewster is well established so none of this surprised me. The only angering part was that he advocated for the hiring of Mike Leach. Nobody has been as vocal about the legal problems of players and how Brewster has been too soft than Doogie. He has criticized and quoted people on this board for wanting players to be on the field if they haven't broken any NCAA rules. Why doesn't he have the same standards for coaches. Leach has committed an act far worse than any of our players. I think Doogie should look in the mirror and figure out why he saves his hate for certain situations.

GopherHomer -- I think we need to wait on the latest Leach incident, which is the one that will likely linger for a long time. Let's wait and see what really took place.
As for players, the only one I've had a serious issue with is Whaley ... wrestling with a cop into Hennepin Ave. and striking an officer more than once was just a bit much for me.
As for a few others, I might've agreed with a 1 game suspension, like I can bet many coaches in the country would've done.

Yep, you'll do all the research and find the stats and info to "refute almost every take. We all, even the monikered ones (including Mr. Allen) believe that. What we also all believe is that any information that proves you wrong will be completely ignored.

You have your forum and you've decided that Brewster must go, an understandable position for sure. You want a new big name Coach, no worries about pay, how they'd recruit up here or if they have any of the same off-field baggage that you've railed against Brewster for.

Much like the Governor candidates who don't want the Vikings to leave, but don't want to pay for a new stadium. As long as you get to ignore the money and "issues", problems are easy to solve!:)

All understood. Now Darren, don't get so damn pissy if people point out your shortcomings, particularly if they include gossip and innuendo, they same way you delight in pointing out Brewster's.

Hell, I had very little problem with your conclusions, it's the celebrity gossip "style points" that seem to be the main irritations. But of course, your a columnist, not a journalist. Stirring things up is all it's about and those certainly help.

Iceland (still curling up in the fetal position, unable to use your real name) -- you will have to explain the monikered Mr. Allen reference.

OK, right or wrong, I took umbrage with the tone used by Doogie in his blog on the Strib Web site today. It kind of bugged me all day, so when I got home from work, I looked at it again and wondered if I could convey a message similar to Doogie's, without all the hyperbole.

So here's what I came up with. I used his article as a starting point. The paragraphs with KEEP next to them are his words with I had no issue with. Those with DOOGIE next to them are Doogie's words from his blog. Immediately following those are paragraphs with MY EDIT next to them, which are my modifications to Doogie's blog.

I apologize if this is in bad taste, but it seems to me one should be able to express a negative opinion of the program without overly resorting to pithy statements like "A boring and losing brand of football would assuredly be avoided. The same can't be said about the Brewster brand."

__________________________-
KEEP: Rose Bowl TV analyst Kirk Herbstreit, as Ohio State pondered whether to go for it on 4th-and-1 from Oregon's 14-yard line in the first half, stated "If the Buckeyes are playing Indiana or Minnesota, they kick the field goal. I say this because (Jim) Tressel has such high respect for the Ducks offense."

DOOGIE: Indiana should feel offended by Herbstreit's comment. They finished the season 38 spots ahead of the Gophers in total offense nationally (72nd vs. 110th). At Minnesota, we saw offensive ineptitude this season that will be hard to replicate ... ever.

MY EDIT: Such criticisms, while difficult to stomach, adequately express the Gopher’s difficulties on offense this year.

KEEP: While offenses are supposed to be showing improvement late in a season, the Gophers managed to score just one offensive touchdown in their final 43 possessions. They also failed to score an offensive touchdown in 20 of their last 28 quarters.

DOOGIE: In three of their games, they scored just one offensive touchdown -- the one vs. Ohio State came against their second and third-stringers in garbage time -- and in three others failed to score any.

MY EDIT: In three of their games, the Gophers scored just one offensive touchdown – against Ohio State, in which Marqueis Gray led the team, largely against the Buckeye’s backups -- and in three others failed to score any.

DOOGIE: Those 15 extra bowl practices, which head coach Tim Brewster cited almost as often as he uses the word "tremendous" leading into the New Year's Eve debacle versus Iowa State, worked out well (sense my sarcasm).

MY EDIT: Despite Tim Brewster’s assurances the 15 extra practices earned through bowl eligibility would provide opportunity for the offense to address its woes, the Gophers again failed to establish an identity while in possession of the ball against Iowa State on New Year’s Eve.

KEEP: Entering the game, the Cyclones were 99th nationally in total defense (414 yards per game) and 112th in sacks (1.17 per game).

DOOGIE: Yet, the Gophers scored a grand total of 13 points. Sorry Kent Youngblood, but any scoring drive, even one for 99 yards, against that defense, could not be called a "drive for the ages."

MY EDIT: In spite of a breakout game for redshirt freshman Dajon McKnight, in which he had 7 receptions for 124 yards, the Gophers could only muster 13 points. The key stat in the game, again reflecting Minnesota’s offensive issues, was their 2 -12 third down conversion rate.

KEEP: I have received this question in a few different forums since the Gophers' loss: What would a successful 2010 Gophers season be to you?

KEEP: Answer: A Brewster win in a trophy game (0-9), a bowl game (0-2), a November conference game (0-9), or a win against a ranked opponent (0-8) would be a good start. I would also would like to see better use of timeouts, less mass confusion with the offensive hand signals, and not leading the conference in penalties for a third straight year.

DOOGIE: I don't believe that significant strides will be made in those areas. In other words, 2010 could be it for Brewster. In looking at their schedule, they play nine bowl-eligible teams from this season. Even with three of their four toughest conference opponents at home, it seems like five wins maximum; therefore, no meaningless bowl invitation, less fans showing up at "The Bank," and an uproar for a coaching change.

MY EDIT: I don't believe that significant strides will be made in those areas. In other words, 2010 could be it for Brewster. In looking at their schedule, they play nine bowl-eligible teams from this season. Even with three of their four toughest conference opponents at home, it seems like five wins maximum; therefore, a bowl invitation seems unlikely, less fans showing up at "The Bank," and potentially increased pressure on the athletic department for a coaching change.

DOOGIE: His soon-to-be announced contract extension will mean nothing. I think that most recruits and their parents will see right through it. If Brewster's buyout changes at all, it will do so only minimally. Thus, if boosters want to buy him out after next season, it can happen.

MY EDIT: It remains to be seen whether his soon-to-be-announced extension will positively affect Brewster’s abilities as a recruiter. Given the team’s performance during his three-year tenure, it is unlikely the minimal buyout present in his current contract will be significantly increased with an extension. Thus, if boosters want to buy him out after next season, it can happen.

DOOGIE: Athletic director Joel Maturi, as nice an administrator as we have in this town, will have to defend the decision publicly. I can't imagine that too many fans, even if it is just window dressing, think Brewster deserves any sort of extension with two years remaining on his deal.

MY EDIT: Athletic director Joel Maturi, as nice an administrator as we have in this town, will have to defend the extension publicly. While many will perceive it as window dressing so as not to handicap Brewster’s recruiting, others will find it difficult to justify given the relative lack of progress.

KEEP: We've been told numerous times that former coach Glen Mason's accomplishments weren't good enough. However, according to the highly complicated, but well-respected Jeff Sagarin USA Today ratings, Brewster's final ranking in his first three years were all worse than Mason's last three years.

2004: 38th
2005: 27th
2006: 48th

2007: 123rd
2008: 75th
2009: 64th
2010: ??

DOOGIE: 2011: With recently dismissed Texas Tech coach Mike Leach in charge? He'll coach again somewhere. Whether this administration would have the guts to hand him the keys to its program is another matter. Let the talk begin. A boring and losing brand of football would assuredly be avoided. The same can't be said about the Brewster brand.

MY EDIT: 2011: With recently dismissed Texas Tech coach Mike Leach in charge? He'll coach again somewhere. Whether his actions will be exonerated to such an extent that Maturi and company would be willing to hire him, to say nothing of the funds required from boosters to pay for his services, are another matter . Let the talk begin.

So now we've two spin doctor's. Is there another doctor in the house?:clap:

Judge Smails: "Well???...we're waiting!"

Loogie - its kind of funny how you say be patient with the Leach situation because if it was Brewster you would be all over him and everyone knows it. we all need to stop reading this guys articles i know i have

Doogie = idiot

Loogie - its kind of funny how you say be patient with the Leach situation because if it was Brewster you would be all over him and everyone knows it. we all need to stop reading this guys articles i know i have

Doogie = idiot

You might want to read Gopherlady's thread titled: A plea to the board

Top Bottom