Doogie on Gophers/Badgers TV ratings/Game Day: "Just enormous...Gophs interest crushed here."

Sleeping. Giant.

The market is broken down. If PJ gets them to an ever higher point next year, fans will come back like crazy

Just for a point of reference - The Vikings-Cowboys game was the highest watched TV game of the year for the Vikings - it drew a 39.3 rating and 64 share and that was for a Sunday night. Doogie is right -- those are HUGE numbers for the Gophers and interest has risen off the charts. You wonder why KFAN and other media outlets are covering the Gopher football team so much lately -- that's one reason right there.

Just for a point of reference - The Vikings-Cowboys game was the highest watched TV game of the year for the Vikings - it drew a 39.3 rating and 64 share and that was for a Sunday night. Doogie is right -- those are HUGE numbers for the Gophers and interest has risen off the charts. You wonder why KFAN and other media outlets are covering the Gopher football team so much lately -- that's one reason right there.

I'm curious what the highest Vikings home game was. Apples to apples.

I'm curious what the highest Vikings home game was. Apples to apples.
That is true - I am sure it will be the Vikings-Packers game in a few weeks. I am flat out amazed the Gophers posted these kind of numbers for the Penn St. and Wisconsin games, both of which were at home. You can tell there are a LOT of people starting to gain interest in this team.

That is true - I am sure it will be the Vikings-Packers game in a few weeks. I am flat out amazed the Gophers posted these kind of numbers for the Penn St. and Wisconsin games, both of which were at home. You can tell there are a LOT of people starting to gain interest in this team.
How many of them are bandwagon fan vs how many of them are going to get season ticket next year is the question

It would be nice to see historical ratings for past games/seasons. That will tell the tale of latent fan interest more than butts in the seats.

The gate revenue and attendance numbers must be up significantly this year.

Last edited:

there are a lot of us out there, many just havent had a reason to come out of the gopherhole until recently!

How many of them are bandwagon fan vs how many of them are going to get season ticket next year is the question

Like it or not, I think the Wiscy loss probably dented the fence-sitting season ticket holder crowd quite a bit. Major buzz kill, especially for the single game attenders that had to sit through that shiite show. A bowl win will help, but not as much as a win would have last Saturday.

Like it or not, I think the Wiscy loss probably dented the fence-sitting season ticket holder crowd quite a bit. Major buzz kill, especially for the single game attenders that had to sit through that shiite show. A bowl win will help, but not as much as a win would have last Saturday.
Do you think so? I think most band-wagon/not die hard fans are thinking, wow look what Fleck did in only his 3rd year!

Do you think so? I think most band-wagon/not die hard fans are thinking, wow look what Fleck did in only his 3rd year!

I hope so. The tailgate scene seemed to pick up this year quite a bit too so I'm hoping that attracts people.

This team needs some bandwagon fans. Boats and boats of them. There's only one tiny tunnel of a bar for the Gophers in all of Chicago.

Sleeping. Giant.

The market is broken down. If PJ gets them to an ever higher point next year, fans will come back like crazy
your right... i have been saying this for my goodness probably 20 years plus... if the gophers can start winning and etc... it will be gopherville !!!

Top Bottom