Doogie: Lots of tickets available for Saturday's game vs Iowa. That's just sad.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said: "Lots of tickets available for Saturday's game vs Iowa. That's just sad. Ticket prices are a little bit more spendy than the Rutgers game, but still it would be nice to have a sold out stadium."

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

It also says that many Iowa fans think the Hawkeyes are gonna lose and don't want to spend the money to see it.

Just to play devil's advocate: this is a Gopher Fan board - so the people on this board allegedly represent the Gopher fan community.

All week long on this board, there have been people claiming the team is not meeting expectations, predicting a bad season, and calling for the coach to be fired. And now you wonder why people aren't clamoring to purchase tickets? Gopher Fans don't need Reusse and Souhan to bad-mouth the program - we do a very good job of that all by ourselves.

Just to play devil's advocate: this is a Gopher Fan board - so the people on this board allegedly represent the Gopher fan community.

All week long on this board, there have been people claiming the team is not meeting expectations, predicting a bad season, and calling for the coach to be fired. And now you wonder why people aren't clamoring to purchase tickets? Gopher Fans don't need Reusse and Souhan to bad-mouth the program - we do a very good job of that all by ourselves.

I think last year's record and Kill leaving sealed the deal for sales all year this year. Price bump didn't help but I think the trend was set before that.

This is our fault? For 50 years, almost every step toward new heights has been quickly followed by a step (or more) backward. We were 5-7 last year in the regular season, ticket prices jumped for the second straight year, and we're coming off the kind of loss that three generations of Minnesotans have seen many times from teams in maroon and gold.

Nothing we say on this board is going to help or hurt attendance this week.

I honestly have very little care about the ticket sale thing - This fan base hops on and off the band wagon and it's a regurgitated story line. We can talk about the time, the weather, the previous year, the ticket price. So be it, it is what it is tomorrow. Maybe I should care, but honestly my focus is on the field.

Minnesota needs to come out pissed off, play like it, and win. It wasn't all that long ago Iowa was another loss on our schedule, but we're going to be competitive in every game we play this year and in this game we are the favorites, regardless of what the spread says. It's at our house against a team that lost to an FCS school, barely beat a Rutgers team, and lost to a reeling Northwestern at home.

I'm thankful that we have a team that can and should win Big Ten games and i'm thankful I can go.

Regardless of how many fans are in the stadium I just hope that the split is still very much in our favor. I don't want to see this team go back to the metrodome days when games against Iowa, Wisconsin....meant a stadium half full of the other teams fans. When TCF Bank Stadium opened those days went away but with lagging attendance numbers the opportunity for those opposing fans to buy tickets is getting better and better.

I've been watching tickets on Stubhub this week. Prices have been flat all week. Zero movement. Lowest price has been $60-68 all week. I think a lot of people are going to end up eating tickets.

Regardless of how many fans are in the stadium I just hope that the split is still very much in our favor. I don't want to see this team go back to the metrodome days when games against Iowa, Wisconsin....meant a stadium half full of the other teams fans. When TCF Bank Stadium opened those days went away but with lagging attendance numbers the opportunity for those opposing fans to buy tickets is getting better and better.

I think your choices this year are
1: Stadium half full, 90%+ gopher fans
2: Stadium 3/4 full, 66% gopher fans
3: Stadium full, 50% gopher fans

Iowa probably only chance for a full stadium. Northwestern doesn't draw what we need to fill up to their own home games.

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a nervous nelly here, but I do agree with you. We haven't been exactly singing praises.

With that said, I will lose my voice again tomorrow.

Cheers and Go Gophers!!!

In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said: "Lots of tickets available for Saturday's game vs Iowa. That's just sad. Ticket prices are a little bit more spendy than the Rutgers game, but still it would be nice to have a sold out stadium."

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

Attendance might only be 47,000, but gate receipts will most likely be biggest ever.

Cheapest seat is $90...last year vs Wisconsin/Nebraska it was $75...that is a 20% hike.

Cheapest seat in lower deck is $125. Those are way up from last year.

Lot of the good seats priced at $160/$190 and more. Way up from past.

Iowa 2014 was 49,680.

90$ per seat.... nah. Thats just insane. I literally cant afford that, and i make decent money. I think it speaks to a larger trend of why more people dont show up. my friedns and i are hoping to scalp by the second quarter.

good number of students looking for tickets for what that's worth, at least on the student ticket exchange board

90$ per seat.... nah. Thats just insane. I literally cant afford that, and i make decent money. I think it speaks to a larger trend of why more people dont show up. my friedns and i are hoping to scalp by the second quarter.

They will sell just about every one of the $90 seats, for an 11 am start with both teams underperforming...so it is not insane.

we're coming off the kind of loss that three generations of Minnesotans have seen many times from teams in maroon and gold

A road loss to a home favorite? Teams at all levels since the beginning of football have seen that kind of loss innumerable times.

The tickets are way too expensive. Upper level on the 10 yard line is 160 bucks... That's worse than Vikings tickets. Absolutely ridiculous.

Ticket prices are ridiculous for all the conference games, but that's just my opinion. $60 (including fees) per ticket to see Rutgers? That's also more expensive than the Vikings. No gopher fan with any sense is going to pay those prices. They're going to walk down to the stadium and pay a scalper 20 bucks to get in every time.

Who do we think we are?

Guess how much it costs a Badger fan to get into the game against the Gophers this year? $75 bucks. Guess where that gets you a seat? Upper deck on the 30 yard line. You can go grab it right now. We are delusional.

Student section is sold out and should be packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tickets are way too expensive. Upper level on the 10 yard line is 160 bucks... That's worse than Vikings tickets. Absolutely ridiculous.

Ticket prices are ridiculous for all the conference games, but that's just my opinion. $60 (including fees) per ticket to see Rutgers? That's also more expensive than the Vikings. No gopher fan with any sense is going to pay those prices. They're going to walk down to the stadium and pay a scalper 20 bucks to get in every time.

Who do we think we are?

Guess how much it costs a Badger fan to get into the game against the Gophers this year? $75 bucks. Guess where that gets you a seat? Upper deck on the 30 yard line. We are delusional.

My ticket was only $45 for the Iowa game. Benefits of being a season ticket holder! Join the club, and you wont have to worry about price increases for rival games!

My ticket was only $45 for the Iowa game. Benefits of being a season ticket holder! Join the club, and you wont have to worry about price increases for rival games!

I've got my tickets, but people wondering why we can't sell out a rivalry game don't have to look very far to see why.

A road loss to a home favorite? Teams at all levels since the beginning of football have seen that kind of loss innumerable times.
If you step back far enough you can't even see that there are people playing football on this blue marble speeding through the vast expanses of the universe!

If you step back far enough you can't even see that there are people playing football on this blue marble speeding through the vast expanses of the universe!

That only depends if you look in the box.

Actually it gets you a ticket to a much better team in a billion dollar stadium.

$90 might get you a seat in the third deck, hopefully it's not cloudy on game day so you could see the field from your seat.

Or as i said early, the $90 could buy you a couple of Miller Lites. The possibilities are endless.

$90 might get you a seat in the third deck, hopefully it's not cloudy on game day so you could see the field from your seat.

Or as i said early, the $90 could buy you a couple of Miller Lites. The possibilities are endless.

$60 gets you there, it's really not that high, and you don't have to sit on a bleacher, but we're off topic.

Haha, yes! I love it!

The $75 Badger seat in upper deck at 80,000 plus stadium is not comparable to a TCF 50,000 stadium. Especially for a game on Thanksgiving Saturday. Badgers were $90 for Ohio State (sold out). They are charging $85 for Nebraska.

The 10 yard line upper deck for $160 is first ten rows and is over priced. Higher rows are $125 and $99 and about sold out.

People want the U to hire a $3 million coach or build a $200 million facility but bitch about prices.

The supply and demand pricing for this Iowa game is almost perfect for maximizing revenue. If it wasn't an 11 am game or if they beat NW and we beat PSU it would be sro.

Top Bottom