Doogie: Fleck turned down 4 of 5 Power 5 job interviews in the last 13 months

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Interviews for basketball coaching:confused:

Purdue seems like one of them. I don't think Oregon asked to interview him...if they did and were turned down...they spin things pretty skillfully. Who might the others be?

Options would be:
Baylor
Indiana
LSU
Indiana
Oregon
Purdue
Texas

Any other p5s change coaches?
I see it says last year too. I know Rutgers wanted him.

Options would be:
Baylor
Indiana
LSU
Indiana
Oregon
Purdue
Texas

Illinois, Iowa State and maybe Maryland last year probably would have had Fleck on their radar.

Options would be:
Baylor
Indiana
LSU
Indiana
Oregon
Purdue
Texas

I doubt LSU or Texas would have taken a serious look. Oregon said no. The Minnesota job is better than the others.

After the Press Conference today gotta guess:

Alabama
tOSU
Clemson
?????

Oh and Purdue. Yep, Purdue.

You have to give him credit. The Gopher Job is most likely the one with the easiest path to success when you look at the big ten west. Wisconsin and Iowa are clearly beatable programs and Minnesota offers more in a new stadium, new facilities, and a better place than Madison or Iowa City.

You have to give him credit. The Gopher Job is most likely the one with the easiest path to success when you look at the big ten west. Wisconsin and Iowa are clearly beatable programs and Minnesota offers more in a new stadium, new facilities, and a better place than Madison or Iowa City.
You haven't beat the Badgers in 13 years. Would love to see what an unbeatable program looked like.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I doubt LSU or Texas would have taken a serious look. Oregon said no. The Minnesota job is better than the others.

The only reason he wasn't offered the Oregon job is he wasn't able to take it due to geography. He was first on their list and the talk was they would have waited longer to try to work that portion out but they wanted to secure a coach very quickly. He was undoubtedly the #1 up and comer on virtually every scool's list.

The only reason he wasn't offered the Oregon job is he wasn't able to take it due to geography. He was first on their list and the talk was they would have waited longer to try to work that portion out but they wanted to secure a coach very quickly.

This is 100% wrong. Just so you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason he wasn't offered the Oregon job is he wasn't able to take it due to geography. He was first on their list and the talk was they would have waited longer to try to work that portion out but they wanted to secure a coach very quickly. He was undoubtedly the #1 up and comer on virtually every scool's list.

:rolleyes:

Was Coyle offering him at Syracuse more than 13 months ago?

I'm guessing Purdue, Syracuse, Illinois for sure.

Top Bottom