Doogie: Buzz: Oct. 30 ceremony to break ground on the Gophers Athletic Village.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Can someone post the Ron Paul "It's happening!" gif?

Toodles...

vwMin.gif

I suggest that they include as part of the ground breaking ceremony the digging of a grave, followed by burying of Gopher Warrior in it. The marker should read "I knew it wouldn't happen."

I assume there is a formal vote on this during the meeting? Does that happen tomorrow or Friday?

Props to Goetz for getting shovels in the ground. This will go on her resume for AD role.

I suggest that they include as part of the ground breaking ceremony the digging of a grave, followed by burying of Gopher Warrior in it. The marker should read "I knew it wouldn't happen."

You could make it a mass grave around here. 18 hours later and only 6 posts. The only time this gets attention is when something goes "wrong" LOL.

"We knew it wouldn't happen."

You could make it a mass grave around here. 18 hours later and only 6 posts. The only time this gets attention is when something goes "wrong" LOL.

"We knew it wouldn't happen."

In fairness this is just a Doogie tweet and nothing official. When the regents finally approve the project I am sure there will be a lot of reaction around here. Is it really surprising that the delays and what not were big talking points? This project has been a long time coming with lots of hurdles in the way (pun intended).

What could possibly screw this up?

Headlines that would derail the start:

"Brewster conspired to host Boat Parties for recruits!"

"Tubby stopped recruiting his final 2 years!" - oh wait this was close to true.

"Tubby's son covered for Dad in DUI case!"

"Goldy isn't really a Gopher!"

The cynic in me says it will happen.

In fairness this is just a Doogie tweet and nothing official. When the regents finally approve the project I am sure there will be a lot of reaction around here. Is it really surprising that the delays and what not were big talking points? This project has been a long time coming with lots of hurdles in the way (pun intended).
Hey, Doogie has never, ever been wrong on breaking news.

How interesting that they plan on breaking ground on the 30th. Any coincidence that the ground breaking is planned on the same weekend that the football program is planning on having their largest and most important group of recruits in for a visit for the Halloween game against Michigan. As they say, timing is everything!

How interesting that they plan on breaking ground on the 30th. Any coincidence that the ground breaking is planned on the same weekend that the football program is planning on having their largest and most important group of recruits in for a visit for the Halloween game against Michigan. As they say, timing is everything!

Off topic but who is all going to be in that weekend? I know Johnson is coming but who else?

Off topic but who is all going to be in that weekend? I know Johnson is coming but who else?
I know Commits-Snelson, and the Daniels brothers are on their officials wouldn't be surprised if some of the local guys visit then too. Targets-CB Coney Durr, CB Kiondre Thomas(LA Tech commit), CB Simeon Smiley(S.Alabama commit), and ATH Arkeem Byrd. I believe RB Martell Pettaway(W. Virginia commit) also plans to visit that weekend and DE Terrell Lucas had planned to visit that weekend but it looks like plans have changed with him.

I know Commits-Snelson, and the Daniels brothers are on their officials wouldn't be surprised if some of the local guys visit then too. Targets-CB Coney Durr, CB Kiondre Thomas(LA Tech commit), CB Simeon Smiley(S.Alabama commit), and ATH Arkeem Byrd. I believe RB Martell Pettaway(W. Virginia commit) also plans to visit that weekend and DE Terrell Lucas had planned to visit that weekend but it looks like plans have changed with him.

Thanks for the update!

Top Bottom