Doogie: "Boiler Down" on Wednesday at Williams Arena?

pss...not to the left of the band...

The first 15 or so rows to the left of the band are no longer student section seats. Change was made this year as a part of the new floor set up. I don't know who the people are that sit in that section but I don't think they are season ticket holders. Probably won't stop me from sprint down the stairs to the left of the band though. If we win I hope the athletes and spirit squad members who are somehow given the best student section seats in the building will recognize the significance of the win and lead a charge from their section as well.

Side note: I can't believe I am allowing myself to get sucked back into this season. I really hope the 180 this team has done in these last two games is not a fluke.

I would hope the security would put up a very weak protest and just let them through.

I hope......

We show the emotion all through the game and not just wait until the end........Let make purdue beleive that we are going to rush the floor from the very first touch of the ball....... make them nervous of the MN fans that are having a VERY hard time from holding back.......... Let make them feel the energy ......... let purdue fear it and the Gophers feel it for encouragement.........

Don't wait until the END........ from the first touch of the ball until................ OK we rush the floor !!!!!!!

We show the emotion all through the game and not just wait until the end........Let make purdue beleive that we are going to rush the floor from the very first touch of the ball....... make them nervous of the MN fans that are having a VERY hard time from holding back.......... Let make them feel the energy ......... let purdue fear it and the Gophers feel it for encouragement.........

Don't wait until the END........ from the first touch of the ball until................ OK we rush the floor !!!!!!!
Hahaha

The first 15 or so rows to the left of the band are no longer student section seats. Change was made this year as a part of the new floor set up. I don't know who the people are that sit in that section but I don't think they are season ticket holders. Probably won't stop me from sprint down the stairs to the left of the band though. If we win I hope the athletes and spirit squad members who are somehow given the best student section seats in the building will recognize the significance of the win and lead a charge from their section as well.

Side note: I can't believe I am allowing myself to get sucked back into this season. I really hope the 180 this team has done in these last two games is not a fluke.

You need to read the art of war to know how to out-flank your enemy.

This is a bit premature, IMO...not a very good chance to win this game.

However, if they do win, if I were in college I'd rush in a heartbeat. It would be close to a lone bright spot in a lost season of Gopher BB.

WOW, Rush the court, or don't Rush the court... If the decision is such, that means the Gophers WIN. Big life decision...Gophers win I will RUSH my fridge for a brand new COLD BEER.

GO GOPHERS!

:drink:

I'm always in the second row of the student section for games and I know that if we beat purdue, especially on a last second attempt/close game, I'll be rushing out onto the court

I'm always in the second row of the student section for games and I know that if we beat purdue, especially on a last second attempt/close game, I'll be rushing out onto the court

Me too Brian, me too! I can't wait...

Spoke with one of the event staff who said personally he'd love it if we were able to rush the court Wednesday. Granted, it was with a wink and a nod and "you didn't hear it from me", but still. Most of the second row made up our minds against Indiana that if it happens, we're goin'.

How is it premature? Nobody's saying we should rush when we win, it's IF we win. I don't think people are all assuming we will just because they're discussing whether or not people should rush if we win.

This is a bit premature, IMO...not a very good chance to win this game.

However, if they do win, if I were in college I'd rush in a heartbeat. It would be close to a lone bright spot in a lost season of Gopher BB.

Man, this is a great thread. Got me even more pumped for the game! Go Gophers!!!!!

How is it premature? Nobody's saying we should rush when we win, it's IF we win. I don't think people are all assuming we will just because they're discussing whether or not people should rush if we win.

Fair enough. My mistake

I'm not a big fan of rushing the court in a lot of scenarios but, personally, if we win (big if right now) I hope the students rush the court.

We haven't had all that much to celebrate around here lately, this is a big enough deal for both the game and to the program that I think it would warrant it.

College basketball is supposed to be fun, let's make it fun. Seeing something like that on espn only makes other students and fans want to be part of stuff like that. They want to be able to tell people, "I was there when...." We need A LOT more of those moments to build fan support and "atmosphere." This could be one of those.

C'mon boys!! Get it done!!! Give us a chance to celebrate this one with you!!

Doesn’t the whole idea of a planned court rushing run counter to the spirit of why the court rushing is done in the first place? I thought the whole idea was that the students rushed the court as a spontaneous response to some remarkable event. It loses all appeal for me if it’s planned in advance like a prison break.

Doesn’t the whole idea of a planned court rushing run counter to the spirit of why the court rushing is done in the first place? I thought the whole idea was that the students rushed the court as a spontaneous response to some remarkable event. It loses all appeal for me if it’s planned in advance like a prison break.

That may be true for the teams like College of Charleston beating UNC this year, but the fact is... students love to rush the court, it's become a part of the game, so every student plans which games are possibilities to rush the court. It's more of the celebration and not the spontaneity.

That may be true for the teams like College of Charleston beating UNC this year, but the fact is... students love to rush the court, it's become a part of the game, so every student plans which games are possibilities to rush the court. It's more of the celebration and not the spontaneity.

Thanks for the response. Guess I am showing my age a bit.

Top Bottom