Doogie: "Boiler Down" on Wednesday at Williams Arena?

U of M students have rushing-the-court privileges this Wednesday when the Gophers take on No. 3 Purdue

No, no they do not.

If we win, considering Doogies's welcome to the NIT entry, I hope he finds another bandwagon to jump on if we make the NCAA tournament.

I disagree, I believe rushing the court is in order if we win in a close game over the #3 team in the nation in the biggest game of the year (to this point) for the Gophers.

There's no chance we can even get on the court....hard to get on a raised court with 2 rows of security/cops blocking it off

Personally, if we were to win, I don't think we should rush the court.

Personally, if we were to win, I don't think we should rush the court.

So do you think there is no place for rushing the court ever then? Because I can't see too many bigger wins that we could potentially have...#3 team in the country at home, critical game.

I think that beating the #3 team in the country could warrant it.

Tough call

Ordinarily, I would say for 19 times out of 20 that rushing the court for a regular season game, one that's not even against a major rival, would be out of the question.

However, considering the adversity this team has faced in the last several months, and I guess Purdue IS ranked #3, I probably wouldn't condemn it if it happened. These guys have been through a lot since October. This would be a big win.

Who cares? Rush, don't rush. It doesn't matter. If we rush that means the Gophers won. That is what matters.

There's no chance we can even get on the court....hard to get on a raised court with 2 rows of security/cops blocking it off

I suggest fighting with the cops as it would make for an interesting read the next day.:rolleyes:

Rushing the court after beating Purdue is a must at this point of the season (especially this season).

I suggest fighting with the cops as it would make for an interesting read the next day.:rolleyes:

Rushing the court after beating Purdue is a must at this point of the season (especially this season).

Let me call back Kevin Whaley for some help, then I think we got it under control:cool02:

They definitely would not let us rush the court but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try.

Who cares? Rush, don't rush. It doesn't matter. If we rush that means the Gophers won. That is what matters.

captain+obvious.jpg

This program should be above rushing the court against other big ten schools. Maybe for a dramatic last second shot or something, ala Hoffarber against Indiana a couple yrs ago.

When's the last time Purdue won a national championship? How many final fours have they made the last 30 years? Enough said. Rushing the court would be an embarrassment.

This program should be above rushing the court against other big ten schools. Maybe for a dramatic last second shot or something, ala Hoffarber against Indiana a couple yrs ago.

When's the last time Purdue won a national championship? How many final fours have they made the last 30 years? Enough said. Rushing the court would be an embarrassment.

Debbie_Downer.jpg

Yeah I would rush, but I would rush the court every win if I could. I think it's just an end of the game decision based on how the game is going. If westbrook drains a fade away 21 footer at the buzzer for the win, I think you have to rush it.

WOW, Rush the court, or don't Rush the court... If the decision is such, that means the Gophers WIN. Big life decision...Gophers win I will RUSH my fridge for a brand new COLD BEER.

GO GOPHERS!

18-21 year old rowdy student section, big game, #3 team in the country, haven't beaten a top 5 team at home in forever, would be a CRUCIAL win to NCAA hopes if we have any hope at all, all the adversity this season.....I'm pretty sure you'll see a court rushing if a win is in the cards. Unless we blow them out, which would just be awesome as well, but probably negate court rushing vibes.

18-21 year old rowdy student section, big game, #3 team in the country, haven't beaten a top 5 team at home in forever, would be a CRUCIAL win to NCAA hopes if we have any hope at all, all the adversity this season.....I'm pretty sure you'll see a court rushing if a win is in the cards. Unless we blow them out, which would just be awesome as well, but probably negate court rushing vibes.

I don't know... I have been at every game and there was definitely talk of rushing after the MSU game (until they blew it) ... everyone grabbed their stuff (like sweatshirts and put them on in preparation).... even after the Wisky Win.... there were people that came down to the 2nd row where I was standing... and everyone was like "are we rushing???"

That being said... If/When we beat Purdue on Wednesday... I can almost guarantee that storming the court will happen...

College kids...Go for it!!! I am too darned old to do that, but I will cheer you if you do, and have a brand new Cold BEER.

Go Gophers!!

if the barnyard leaders are real fans they will lead the charge. They have the best access and everyone would follow. But my guess is they are too obsessed with PCness and won't.

if the barnyard leaders are real fans they will lead the charge. They have the best access and everyone would follow. But my guess is they are too obsessed with PCness and won't.

Brew_recruit...the heck with PC... Join them and rush. Gopher It!

Let me know how you plan on rushing the court when the U has made it very clear they don't want us rushing even when we beat a top 10 team.

With 5 minutes left in both the MSU and Wisco game they had tons of security out there. The raised court makes it even harder.

That said, if we do win I am doing everything I can to be on that court.

Brew_recruit...the heck with PC... Join them and rush. Gopher It!

Just give them a bit of a shove. Everyone above will think they're going for it and follow.

Let me know how you plan on rushing the court when the U has made it very clear they don't want us rushing even when we beat a top 10 team.

With 5 minutes left in both the MSU and Wisco game they had tons of security out there. The raised court makes it even harder.

That said, if we do win I am doing everything I can to be on that court.

pss...not to the left of the band...

pss...not to the left of the band...

The head of the security is Daniel Farrar, he is the most inept cop of all time, it won't be that hard to get past him if we win, but it will take the fans sitting closest to start the wave of students.

PLUS WE STILL HAVE TO WIN!

Top Bottom