Don't worry...Mitch will read option Becky to death.!!

I agree - voicing concerns about the team is perfectly reasonable and logical. Immediately going the "ohmigod, we're going to be terrible and we'll be lucky to win 6 games" Chicken Little route is not only tedious and obnoxious, it's incompatible with being a fan. Being an interested observer and a fan are not the same thing.

There lies the crux of the problem. We have way too many people here who seem to catch "Chicken Little" flu. We need medical science to find a vaccine for this crippling disease.

Lots of straw man arguments, big assumptions being made above. Let's see how the season unfolds. I have my suspicions re: LSU but we will see as that depends on their competition. They could be a 7-9 win team, which looks more likely to me, than 11-1 as their ranking implies. I think most people understand one game is a data point, three games is a trend, and by the time we get halfway through the Big Ten season we can start to draw some definitive conclusions.

I think most gopher fans are giving Wisconsin props for playing well. They could still finish 6-6 or 11-1.

Additionally, if we "focus on how we can get better" that's equally unallowed...so, not much to talk about then. Good times.

And yet neither game has absolutely any bearing on what will happen the last week in Madison.

This is not true, if a guy gets injured or benched due to what happens in the game...that would have an impact. Not saying that happened, but you are being a simpleton to say there is ZERO bearing.

This is not true, if a guy gets injured or benched due to what happens in the game...that would have an impact. Not saying that happened, but you are being a simpleton to say there is ZERO bearing.

Also, how a team performs in games informs my assumptions about how teams will perform going forward. If Team A goes 10-0 while Team B goes 0-10 against comparable opponents, I would absolutely use the results of each team's first 10 games when I predict the outcome of the 11th.

If the MN/WI game were played this Saturday WI would be favored by at least ten points.
Having seen both teams, at this point WI has better players on both sides of the ball.

Dude is unquestionably a troll, but at this point I would agree... And this is coming from a guy who has $2,000+ on Over 6 wins and $600 on the Gophers to win the West.

Top Bottom