Done with Gopher Football until they get above .500 in BT.

monsoongopher

Reaction score
I am officially done with the Gophers until either they get 5 BT wins or Brewster leaves and Dungy takes over. I took enough abuse during the Insight Bowl. This program is the laughing stock of the BT. Also...do you think we can change mascots??? Please....a Gopher????? How about something a little more ferocious. I have been a fan since 82' and haven't seen one January bowl game. I'm out of here!!! Don't care who they play nor how they start in 2010. I will be back when they get that fifth conference win. NO need to waste my time with this program until they accomplish that! Sick of Brewster blowing smoke up our asses. Later!!

Wow you will only cheer for them when they are winning? I heard the Yankees need some more of those fans or maybe you could strain yourself to follow the Lakers.

Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out!

This.

Let me know where you're seats are too. I'd like to pick up two more; preferably donation seats so I can tailgate. If they're not next to mine I have eight others that want season tickets for next year. Thanks bye.

Its obvious there is no maroon and gold flowing in moonsoons veins. Go away...........permanently!

Wow! A real, walking talking prototype of the kind of guy I was talking about on another thread. You sure you're not a displaced Gopher fan in San Diego who needs a victory in order to sacrifice an afternoon at the beach?

LOL.

Mad the mascot is a Gopher. Really??

You are right...a Badger and Haweye are much better. Brutal.

GM

Wow, I for one will really miss you. You looser. :confused:

Suggestion

I am officially done with the Gophers until either they get 5 BT wins or Brewster leaves and Dungy takes over. I took enough abuse during the Insight Bowl. This program is the laughing stock of the BT. Also...do you think we can change mascots??? Please....a Gopher????? How about something a little more ferocious. I have been a fan since 82' and haven't seen one January bowl game. I'm out of here!!! Don't care who they play nor how they start in 2010. I will be back when they get that fifth conference win. NO need to waste my time with this program until they accomplish that! Sick of Brewster blowing smoke up our asses. Later!!

You will love your life as a Wisconsin fan. That is much easier than staying the course with the Gophers in good times and bad times. You bleach your maroon gopher gear and they may look red. See ya. Don't bother coming back when the Gophers start winning five conference games.

I can see where this guy is coming from (except for the Gopher part). He's been a fan for 27 years and never seen a good year. As far as I can tell, he's not asking to support "the Yankees", he's asking to support a competitive football team that occasionally takes the top spot in the conference. There is no good reason why this hasn't happened in his tenure as a fan.

I don't agree with his decision, I don't understand the need to broadcast his decision, but I certainly understand the feeling of being fed up.

Is this really the year he gets fed up though?

I don't get it.

I love how people wave Dungy around like the great fuking pumpkin around here.

1st: He isn't coming.

2nd: If he did come there is little to guarantee any better success after he lost 30% to 40% of Brewster's kids as transfers before he even got here. Furthermore there is little to say he could or would sell this program any better to make up for those rapidly emptying cupboards o'talent. He is as unproven a recruiter as Brewster was as a "side line general".

I am not nor never was a big Brewster backer, but firing him now would do nothing but put this program back even more. He has built his young roster around kids recruited not to play for the U, but to play for him. Listen to all those fine interviews Gopherlady and her colleagues put together. The recruits considering the U all say they love our coaches, not our god-forsaken program with its musty memories of forgotten splendor. And those Brewster recruits would leave like rats from a foundering ship the second that torpedo was fired at Timmy's little boat here; whilst sending what message to fellow captains of the tortured seas of college coaching? I'm sure they would be lining up to try for a job that wants nothing but unmitigated triumph in three incoming classes.

But what the hell, ye, the deluded masses, pine away for some well-established collegiate-gridiron-acuminous messiah to stride through those doors at Bierman and in one fell season thrust you, me and the rest of this disconsolate fan base right on back to the football promised land of roses, Heismans, and daily ESPN coverage. Earlier this Autumn, some of you, the especially logic-repudiating, actually bandied about Brian Kelly as an option; implying as though he would actually leave a currently top-5 and automatically-BCS-qualified program for us... for this. What is more stomach-wrenching to ponder, I'm sure some of you particularly fevered thought upon hearing of Coach Myer of Florida's recent announcements: not 'hell, that is awful for him and his family and team' but rather 'maybe he will comeback to college football one day and come here to Minnesota, yipeee'. Sadly self-inflated-worth shown in desirous coaching suggestions put forward at the time of Mason's firing on this and other board surpassed even this.

Hear me please. Dungy, nor anybody of his ilk, is walking through that door people. So stop haranguing on about it. If you want to ignore the Gophers for the rest of all time, go right a-goddam-head; because if this is the worst you can take, look back at the history books and figure it out brother: this wrong fuking place for you.

As for the rest of you...

see you at the Spring Game.

welp, see ya in 2011.
(in the same manner as , "Welp big gulps huh, see ya later." from D&D)

Epic post by ulfr. Just... Epic. One could literally taste the years of despair weathered into pure stoicism in that one. Had me at the great pumpkin haha.

I can see where this guy is coming from (except for the Gopher part). He's been a fan for 27 years and never seen a good year. As far as I can tell, he's not asking to support "the Yankees", he's asking to support a competitive football team that occasionally takes the top spot in the conference. There is no good reason why this hasn't happened in his tenure as a fan.

I don't agree with his decision, I don't understand the need to broadcast his decision, but I certainly understand the feeling of being fed up.

You hit the nail on the head! I am frustrated just like many of us are, I have been following this program since the days of memorial stadium when I was a kid and the mediocrity just doesn't seem to go away. But I will never give up my seats at TCF or quit being a fan, no one will ever be able to accuse me of jumping off the bandwagon. NEVER!

I didn't know Brewster has been coaching the Gophers since 1982?

Have a nice life !

why do you need to tell us you are done? nobody cares if you leave. Just be done with it and leave, do you want us to beg you to stay on board?

Hey Mons, when the Gophers get their 5 BT wins don't bother comming back, we don't want you!

Why post your resignation:)blah:) here? Post it on the Strib website. There you can be cheered by old Masonites, Iowa and Badger trolls. Here, no one cares about your little dramatic appeal for sympathy.:horse::horse:

He'll be back, just like everyone else who makes a "grand exit"....they are all attention whores....

We should start a pool on when he returns...I've got the Sunday after the USC game.

Well then...

happytrails.gif

If you were playing sandlot ball and you got down by a score, you took your ball and went home, didn't you?

What will we ever do without you?

Dungy simply isn't coming.

Laughing stock of the Big Ten? No. Not by any honest measure. Being mediocre doesn't make you a laughing stock. To the extent you're describing anything real, that's just smack talk.

Change mascots? You'll take Goldy Gopher out of our cold, dead hands.

I've got a solution for you: pick another team. It's not that complicated. You can could be one of the people who switches to whoever is on top at the moment. You'ld have a lot of company.

go jump on the Ohio state bang wagon no one cares. we really don't need (or want) "fans" like you anymore.

I feel dirty for even responding in this thread, as due to the original poster, it is absolutely beneath me....but ulfr's excellent post is worth noting.

That is all.

Long Wait for the next Rose Bowl

I would like to see the gophers in the rose bowl before the next Haley's comet.

"Although the average period of Halley's Comet's orbit is 76 years, it's not that easy to calculate the dates when it will return by simply subtracting multiples of 76 years from 1986. Gravity from other bodies in the solar system will affect its orbit. Over the centuries, Halley's orbital period has varied from 76 years to 79.3 years.

Comet Halley will return to the inner solar system in the year 2061, with a perihelion passage in early 2062."

1) 35 posts? Did you exist?
2) Dungy is never coming here.
3) Dungy is never coming here.
4) Dungy is never coming here.
5) Dungy is never coming here.
6) Dungy is never coming here.
7) Dungy is never coming here.
8) Dungy is never coming here.
9) Dungy is never coming here.
10) Dungy is never coming here.
11) Dungy is never coming here.
12) Dungy is never coming here.
13) Dungy is never coming here.
14) Dungy is never coming here.
15) Dungy is never coming here.
16) Dungy is never coming here.
17) Dungy is never coming here.
18) Dungy is never coming here.
19) Dungy is never coming here.
20) Dungy is never coming here...enough?
:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse: :horse::horse::horse:
:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse: :horse::horse::horse:

Top Bottom