Don Shula has passed away

Legendary coach, solid steaks, and we embarrassed his son in the Music City Bowl.

RIP Coach.

Go Gophers!!

The GOAT. RIP.

Without her the UW doesn’t hire Alvarez and UW continues in sport abyss another hundred years.

The recollections I'd had of Grant and Shula was that there was friction between the two--especially the shenanigans Shula pulled when he was chair of the Competition Committee and adjusted rules to neutralize some of the tactics and innovations that Bud's teams employed on the field. It's nice to read the article above and know that they were competitors but on good terms for the most part.

(I'm not sure exactly how it works, but Bud's tweets are restricted, and I think you have to follow him to view them including the top one in this post.)

Tweet by lawyer(?) and part-time KFAN sub Scott Korzenowski. Apparently covered him in some capacity back in the day; what a tribute to the all -time NFL winningest coach and only undefeated team:

1588795849915.png

Many years ago Bum Phillips, the late Houston Oilers coach, paid the best tribute to Shula.

"He can take his'n and beat yer'n or he can take yer'n and beat his'n."

Reactions: KGF

Top Bottom