Dominique Dawson?

I'm kind of curious about that as well. He's not listed on the roster at Gophersports.com. But then again, neither is Bryant Allen and it appears he is on track towards joining the team after football is over. Does anybody know for sure whether Dawson is still going to be on the team?

I suppose it could be that they don't list walk-ons until actual practice starts.

I spoke to him at HP this summer, didn't have enough for an interview (I was actually looking for one, but realized I never posted one...hard to keep these straight), and he was not moved onto campus, but said he was all set to go, and would be part of the team. Things can obviously change between then and now, but that was the last thing he had told me.

If I remember correctly....and I could be remembering completely wrong, walk on freshmen aren't allowed to be listed on pre-season rosters until after games have started. I think its one weird quirk in the NCAA rules...but again I could be remembering wrong...

He was sitting with the team at TCF Bank in Gopher hoops gear in one of the first two games of the season.

Could someone give me a little info on Dawson? I think I remember reading that he was a local kid. He's like a 6'6 or 6'7 combo forward type right? I would love to watch our practices with our 10 guys returning, 4 recruits coming in, Allen, and Dawson as well. Would be a lot of fun to watch them go at it fighting for playing time.

He was sitting with the team at TCF Bank in Gopher hoops gear in one of the first two games of the season.

Thanks for the info - that looks like confirmation that he is on the team.

Madtown Gopher, here are a few articles about him for a little background:

Dominque Dawson GH Interview

Dawson Scout Article

Here's a story I just found that I had no idea about. Makes you really hope this kid pans out and can earn a scholarship.

Helping a family rebound
Great how the community at Mpls Southwest stepped up - wonder how much Tubby's son helped out with that too?

Thanks for the info - that looks like confirmation that he is on the team.

Madtown Gopher, here are a few articles about him for a little background:

Dominque Dawson GH Interview

Dawson Scout Article

Here's a story I just found that I had no idea about. Makes you really hope this kid pans out and can earn a scholarship.

Helping a family rebound
Great how the community at Mpls Southwest stepped up - wonder how much Tubby's son helped out with that too?

From the interview he seems like a man of few words, which is usually a good thing.
Did he net any scholarship offers? Averaging 22 PPG in a decent big-school conference says something...

From the interview he seems like a man of few words, which is usually a good thing.
Did he net any scholarship offers? Averaging 22 PPG in a decent big-school conference says something...

He is a man of few words, lol! No other offers - I haven't followed him throughout his hs career, perhaps he was a late bloomer, or had a growth spurt later?

He is a short (maybe 6-7) post player. If he can switch to PF successfully, I think he'll do well.

I did watch Dom play in high school when he was at Minneapolis Southwest. He is also a very nice kid. I just hope every thing works out for him.

Dom Dawson

According to Tubby Smith Dom Dawson is a RED SHIRT Canidit

Top Bottom