Does Maroney Hate the Gophers?

StartGrayPlz

Reaction score
When he was introduced in the starting lineup for the Sunday night game he said his name and the name of his high school (Normandy) not his college (Minnesota). Anyone know why he did that?

When he was introduced in the starting lineup for the Sunday night game he said his name and the name of his high school (Normandy) not his college (Minnesota). Anyone know why he did that?

Just to spite you.

Noticed it too but he wasnt the only player to name his high school.

Not a big deal, lots of guys like to mention their high school. I know he's said Minnesota for other games.

Not at all, though I wish he would have said Minnesota. I am pretty sure (though not 100%) that they only tape these NBC intros once a year. If the Patriots are on Sunday night again, you will likely hear him call out his high school again.

Perhaps he was recognizing his high school, because they gave him his first opportunity to be a great football player. I know it is hard for some of people on here to believe, but there is a world outside of Maroon and Gold.

Some say their High School..

Because they don't officially have degrees from the Colleges they went to..

Not a big deal, lots of guys like to mention their high school. I know he's said Minnesota for other games.

I noticed that also. At least four or five guys (including Moss) used High Schools or made something up last night.

Top Bottom