Does it get any dumber than this? Just another day at Kinnick stadium!!

M&G BUSt

Reaction score
I thought I should share one of my great moments of kinnick stadium. As you may know, after iowa scores, the cheerleaders spell out i-o-w-a with flags at the four corners of the stadium, and the crowd follows along. I went to the game at kinnick in 2001. After a hawkeye score, the first chearleader waved the "I" flag. The next chearleader waved the "O" flag. Then it gets good....the third chearleader waves the "A" flag!! Then the fourth chearleader waves the "W" flag!! The morons managed to spell a four letter word, the name of their state, the name of their school, wrong! That was funny enough, but thats not the best part.... not only did the chearleaders spell iowa wrong, the entire stadium followed along!! Imagine the crowd chanting I-O-A-W!! That was pure iowa idiot gold.

I thought I should share one of my great moments of kinnick stadium. As you may know, after iowa scores, the cheerleaders spell out i-o-w-a with flags at the four corners of the stadium, and the crowd follows along. I went to the game at kinnick in 2001. After a hawkeye score, the first chearleader waved the "I" flag. The next chearleader waved the "O" flag. Then it gets good....the third chearleader waves the "A" flag!! Then the fourth chearleader waves the "W" flag!! The morons managed to spell a four letter word, the name of their state, the name of their school, wrong! That was funny enough, but thats not the best part.... not only did the chearleaders spell iowa wrong, the entire stadium followed along!! Imagine the crowd chanting I-O-A-W!! That was pure iowa idiot gold.

That right there is a feel good moment!:)

Iowa fan here. LOL. I agree with the original post, and I have always hated that lame chant.

iowa fans love to talk crap about us spelling out minnesota in the rouser. i don't get it.

Top Bottom