Does Goetz want the AD gig?

akgo4

Reaction score
I only ask this because I really haven't seen anything posted. How interim is she?

So far, she's been fairly quiet - said it wasn't the right time to talk about the full-time job while the various investigations were underway.

I get the sense from a few of her comments that she would like to be considered for the FT position.

I give it a 65% chance.

I talked with her @ the volleyball games last weekend. She was sitting next to Kaler. I think that with the investigation of the athletic department completed she is interested in the position. I hope the U does a national search but I do not have great confidence in their ability to hire a superior candidate.

I talked with her @ the volleyball games last weekend. She was sitting next to Kaler. I think that with the investigation of the athletic department completed she is interested in the position. I hope the U does a national search but I do not have great confidence in their ability to hire a superior candidate.

The U needs a leader more than a salesman. Give that job to Kill.

The U needs a leader more than a salesman. Give that job to Kill.

AD job is as many hours as a HC... not sure that would be a good job for Kill now that he says he's more healthy, sleeping. Also for all of Jerry's speech giving and etc I'm not sure Jerry would want that kind of job.

AD job is as many hours as a HC... not sure that would be a good job for Kill now that he says he's more healthy, sleeping. Also for all of Jerry's speech giving and etc I'm not sure Jerry would want that kind of job.

I think he was saying to let Jerry be in sales and Beth do the AD duties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about a Co-Athletic Directorship between the two?

I dunno, I think it's time to hire outside the norm and give it to Pete Narjarian.
Football guy who will make sure our top income teams are taken care of.

I dunno, I think it's time to hire outside the norm and give it to Pete Narjarian.
Football guy who will make sure our top income teams are taken care of.
I think this is actually a good idea.

Contrary to popular belief, at the U, getting donors requires high profile teams succeed. The highest profile teams are Football and Basketball, period. I would love to include Women's Hoops and both Hockey teams, but there is not the prestige currently associated with those programs.

It is an economies of scale issue. Getting bigger returns on larger $ programs generates more cash for other programs than trying to grow $ contributions to each of the smaller $ programs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I dunno, I think it's time to hire outside the norm and give it to Pete Narjarian. Football guy who will make sure our top income teams are taken care of.

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I am guessing Goetz will be a finalist with another candidate.

The AD job is not just a figure head, you need someone who knows how to manage all the programs. Beth knows how to do that, she can always hire a fund raiser like Kill.

Please hire someone who has worked at a D-1 school that has football.

The AD job is not just a figure head, you need someone who knows how to manage all the programs. Beth knows how to do that, she can always hire a fund raiser like Kill.

Fund raising is a big part of the gig. If you are not good at it then maybe you are not the best candidate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So you're supporting Goetz? She fits that simple bill.

If they feel she has enough experience working with football, and they like everything else about her, then I would be okay with it.

I didn't mean that should be the only criteria for the hire, just that football is such a big deal in an athletic department. I think it would be best to have someone in the position who has worked with football before at a high level.

Fund raising is a big part of the gig. If you are not good at it then maybe you are not the best candidate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Why is that? I would think that Mr. Kaler can write his own AD Job Description and hire a professional fundraiser.

The only ways I see Beth Goetz not getting the job are:

1. She decides she's not interested
2. She was a significant violator of the expense reimbursement policy under Teague
3. They find out she has already violated NCAA rules
4. They find out she knew about Teague's harassment and didn't report it
5. Some near certain home run comes calling (e.g. Gene Smith decides he'd like to relocate to Minneapolis from Columbus)

Unless one of those happens, how can a university that was already under investigation for gender inequity and had a sexual harassment scandal replace the interim female candidate. The U would get crucified in the media, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if the legislature got involved. It would be brutal.

Let's hire a former Gopher athlete who knows the players in the University and that can rock a scarf during interviews. Anyone know someone that fits that bill?

Why is everyone forgetting about Lou Nanne?

Top Bottom