Does anyone know where the LTR

husker70

Reaction score
Line will run? The recent easement granted by the U for the light rail line from Minneapolis to Saint Paul is of interest to me only if there is going to be a stop near TCF. Does anyone know if there will be a station near the Stadium. I could drive to MOA, catch it there and transfer. At least that's what I hope they will have in place come 2014.

The info in that slideshow is fairly old. The rail line will be at street level, not below grade. Washington Ave will be a pedestrian mall open only to pedestrians, bikes, trains, and emergency vehicles between the river and Walnut St. It looks like the Stadium Village station is proposed to be right by the big office building on the southeast corner of the stadium.

I think we can all agree that this will be amazing when it gets finished, but annoying as hell as it gets built.

The info in that slideshow is fairly old. The rail line will be at street level, not below grade. Washington Ave will be a pedestrian mall open only to pedestrians, bikes, trains, and emergency vehicles between the river and Walnut St. It looks like the Stadium Village station is proposed to be right by the big office building on the southeast corner of the stadium.

Basically the station will be right at the stadium (or as close to the stadium as possible). How many DI teams have their own mass transit station? Another positive thing to spin. It definitely will make parking on campus more challenging. The big key is Metro Transit purchasing as many cars as possible so they can stack up a bunch of trains to get people away from the stadium quickly. Hiawatha LRT is short of cars.

I was at the U.S. Open (tennis) when the last match ended at the same time the adjacent Mets game ended. They had a bizillion trains with a bizillion cars all stacked up and they probably moved 20,000 to 30,000 people in 30 minutes (as fast as people could walk to the station). That was amazing.

Basically the station will be right at the stadium (or as close to the stadium as possible). How many DI teams have their own mass transit station? Another positive thing to spin. It definitely will make parking on campus more challenging. The big key is Metro Transit purchasing as many cars as possible so they can stack up a bunch of trains to get people away from the stadium quickly. Hiawatha LRT is short of cars.

I was at the U.S. Open (tennis) when the last match ended at the same time the adjacent Mets game ended. They had a bizillion trains with a bizillion cars all stacked up and they probably moved 20,000 to 30,000 people in 30 minutes (as fast as people could walk to the station). That was amazing.

There are new cars on order for the Hiawatha Line, and they will be running 3 car trains soon for events and rush hour.

why don't they have the train that runs from big lake to downtown run before and after twins games?

the train is the stupidest idea ever. i mean ffs if you want to get to campus theres buses that run every 5 minutes.

the cost to the research labs along washington should far outweigh the liberal guilting put on the U for not having extreme piles of redundant unnecessary public transportation

the train is the stupidest idea ever. i mean ffs if you want to get to campus theres buses that run every 5 minutes.

the cost to the research labs along washington should far outweigh the liberal guilting put on the U for not having extreme piles of redundant unnecessary public transportation

News is the U and the met council have reached a tentative agreement regarding the research equipment issue, so that is just about resolved. If equipment is affected the U and the Met Council are seeking federal funds to move it if necessary.

If you think that the only purpose of the new rail line is to serve the University area you couldn't be more wrong. The line is to move people between the downtowns and the fact that the U is in the middle is a huge bonus. The buses that currently move people between the two cities, and the U, (routes 16, 94, and 50) will be cut back big time eliminating the redundancy. The campus connector will only run between stadium village and the St. Paul campus, instead of including the west and east banks like it does now. The new line will become the main public transportation artery between Minneapolis and St. Paul with nearby routes being adjusted to feed into it rather than duplicate effort.

If you take the Big Lake Line

You can catch the LTR at Target Field and scoot over to the U from the Warehouse district. I just wish there was line from Delano to downtown, oh yeah there is one. Or from Chaska, yep there is one. Again its equipment and a lease. No need to reinvent the wheel.

I'm sure it wasn't the intent but talking about liberals guilting a university made me laugh. That must be some extreme liberalism to make the U feel guilty.

You can catch the LTR at Target Field and scoot over to the U from the Warehouse district. I just wish there was line from Delano to downtown, oh yeah there is one. Or from Chaska, yep there is one. Again its equipment and a lease. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Does anyone know where the LTR Line will run? The recent easement granted by the U for the light rail line from Minneapolis to Saint Paul is of interest to me only if there is going to be a stop near TCF. Does anyone know if there will be a station near the Stadium. I could drive to MOA, catch it there and transfer. At least that's what I hope they will have in place come 2014.

BTW, its LRT. LTR must stand for Less Tailgaters Riding...

Couldn't you catch a bus from Eden Prairie to Downtown Mpls? Does such a service exist? Not that you'd want to, I was just curious.

Top Bottom